Ownership Experience

Any Ather owner in or around Suncity in Bellandur? Spotted one last night close to my house.

Hi Raghav, did you manage to get this information? What is the dimension needed to order this custom screen?

Those who have applied screen protector for dashboard display can you share online link for screen protector ? Will it reduce touch sensitivity even further ?

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I noticed weird sound coming from front wheel and under the foot rest at certain point or speed which is worry some for me as I got my beauty today and just ran 15 kms.

Please share you advise, is it know issue? Or should I call for service centre?

Is it a grinding noise? If yes, it’s absolutely normal. It will go away after 150+kms.

2 Likes

I am not sure abt that, however will check tomorrow if it’s grinding noise or not and confirm you.

Thanks Raghav for the response.

@Ather.Team @Shreyas @rajeshkav @tarun

on today’s athers 450 event in chennai I found that ATHER have not considered
reliability availability maintainability and safety (rams) and
SIL level for safety of software is not available.
How are u ensuring the product is reliable and safe?

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
Got my ride today and it was a really pleasant experience. Thanks to the Ather team for providing such an amazing product and also for the prompt service offered. Glad to be a part of the EV revolution.

P.S - Can someone please let me know when the ride statistics might sync ?

1 Like

It has to start sync after 10mins ride stopped… if not happening call customer care they will do it then it starts working…

Yes, as you rightly side it’s grinding sound. Also notice sound from seat lock. Metal sound while riding in path holes. Is it also normal or should I do something to stop the sound?

Oh boy, the Ather 450 is attention seeker. Everyone gets attracted to this beautiful vehicle. It also brings smile on people and unknown people also become ur well wisher.

It’s absolutely pleasure to ride this vehicle.

Still pushing the vehicle instead of using parking assistant. It’s difficult to break old habit.

My only concern as of now is the noises the vehicle is making. I have done multiple test ride, but never noticed such weird noises. Hopefully the noise will vanish as it rans more kms.

Thank you Ather for this wonderful product.

The next big test for Ather would be after sales services, I hope they meet the customer expectations and make the journey in years to come an pleasant one.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Hi Raghav and others,
I see a 3% discharge per day when the bike is shutdown, after three days the charge percentage has dropped from 98% to 91% (loss of 5km), Is this something normal?
Or the percentage readings are valid only after the scooter connects to the cloud?

Just my 2 cents here. I observed 1% drop in battery per day when i was below 80% charged and above 40%. Below 40% and above 80%, the discharge is much faster at ~4% a day… Anyone else notice that?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Let’s go to Chennai!

Absolutely normal. I see a 1-2km drop for every 8-10hrs of idle time.

3 Likes

Bro I was not able to meet you and many other owners as all people left early Sunday evening

Some guys went in train. That’s why they left early. I was there till 9. :see_no_evil: We’ll meet again don’t worry. I’ll be coming to Chennai in August. I’ll ping you

3 Likes

If you are away for more than 24hrs, it makes sense to shutdown the bike.

Thanks for the response Raghav: I meant is this normal for a bike which is shutdown and not in standby? Because I didn’t expect it to discharge at this rate as that would only allow 33 days approx as apposed to stated 70 days storage time before battery is 0% in shutdown mode?

Maybe the discharge rate varies later on? Also, what consumes power when it is actually shutdown other than normal battery property?

When in standby mode you have the firmware OS running in the background, so the discharge will be at that rate.

However if you don’t want even that discharge to happen, you can shutdown the bike completely by going into the settings menu in the dash. When you want to restart it will take slightly less than a minute to boot up.

Fair warning - you will lose ride stats for that ride if you shutdown within 7 mins of turning of the motor.

2 Likes