Ownership Experience

I make my daughter stand facing me. That way she can’t access the switches nor get hit in the chin everytime I go over a speed hump or brake hard.

3 Likes

As a hack, yes. But kids can stand and sit better facing road because they can hold properly.

Thinking if There should be a better way

1 Like

While trying to find a solution for this…I think Ather team should also consider having the motor off when side stand is applied…it happened so that my daughter gave a bit of throttle when I was standing beside the vehicle…thankfully nothing unfortunate happened but just a kill switch I think will fall short…a side stand sensor to turn the motor off and on in addition will be very useful…

6 Likes

True… Because when it’s idle it’s so silent. A side stand sensor should be considered

1 Like

As a safety measure, kindly buy a helmet for your kid and make them sit behind you as a pillion.

5 Likes

The first thing I did after taking delivery was to get Paint Protection Film(PPF) and Ceramic Coating done on my A450 by professionals … I felt it was a must do considering my intensive every day commute and also to protect the beautiful scooter for years to come . Its also helps to clean and wash it easily due to the hydrophobic characteristic of ceramic coating .

Got it done at this place called ceramic pro rajajinagar based on lot of good reviews and user feedback . totally impressed with the outcome and their effort

I will soon make a video of the full process … anyone curious can check it out

13 Likes

Is it similar to 3m wrap?

What is the total cost of the process and how much time did it take to get it done??? Kindly let us know! TIA
RGT

2 Likes

How much did this cost?

Careful! kids or even adults may still feel intrigued and twist the throttle. Its not a traditional light scooter and controlling it will need some strength. Just a word of caution since its absolutely difficult to know if the motor is live or not.

Oh man… I had a similar experience when my son who was 2 yrs old then turned of the engine of my bike kicking off an algorithm in my mind on what went wrong… :joy:

very true…

Curiosity has no age… wait for some time :slight_smile:

This is a brilliant idea!! @Shreyas @AtherTeam @tarun you should really think on these lines… could be a life saver!!

+1 even I would like to know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same question as @pratul :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Driving Ather for 3 weeks - 650+km, the driving style has changed (experienced with my other 2 wheelers as well) and it much optimized, happy on this. Started driving without applying too many breaks and normalized speeds.

Thanks Ather!. :slight_smile:

I no more like driving other 2W vehicles except Ather. :wink:

6 Likes

I do not think it is possible in the current version as there is no sensor for the side stand. May be in the later version with hardware update.

2 Likes

and wish they will give us too when they have a new sensor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a question…

Did you guys noticed when going in steep

if we accelerate front ward it is acting as break…
Can we use this as break or to slow down…

2 Likes

Yes it is true. Some times it won’t works but after applying the breaks it works as break. I too using it as break all the time😎

I’ve noticed that I’m able to use Regen only when the battery is under 80% and the speed is over 20km/hr, so it can’t be used completely as a brake, but definitely useful for slowing down/coasting.

3 Likes

Ather team please confirm if we use has break do it harm motor anyway in long term.

2 Likes

True, when i visited Ather first time this was my first concern because i have a habit to forget closing side-stand. Ather told me that they could not find a reliable switch/sensor for this purpose.

1 Like

Yes, you are encouraged to use this braking.

It works only under 2 conditions

1. Speed should be beyond 20Km per an hour
  2. Battery % should be less than 80%

Note that, this braking will not bring the vehicle to dead stop. It will only bring the vehicle to near 20Km per an hour from where you are. Further braking is only possible by manual lever.

However do use this braking with caution as it may take sometime to get used to it. It might be very useful to bring down the speed where you see a hump in front of you (or rather anticipated obstacle), however do not rely on this braking under emergency condition as it may not be quick enough.

This is called Regen Braking and it does not harm scooter

Read more on this at

8 Likes