Ownership Experience

People, I wanted the 340 user manual pdf. Where can I find it. as far as the 450 is concerned, I can download from my account

It is the same for 340 as far as the manual is concerned. The functionality one needs to understand is no different between the two versions.

I keep riding in non eco aka sport mode.
Prior to update, I used to get range prediction of 71/72 km after charging to 100%.
Post ota update, it’s flat with 55km. So, after 100% recharge yesterday, I rode for a distance of 13.3km ×4+2km totalling to 55 kms.
Now the charge dropped below 15% with range of 10kms (and the fun revving n got locked.)

So total distanced is 65km which is less than earlier range prediction of 71/72 kms.

1 Like

New range prediction is an average range of what every user is expected to get. Until a future update, it will not show the range according to your particular driving pattern, but will be a reflection of how an average user is riding it. (calculated from the data collected from all 450s on the road). So at 100% the number right now is same for every 450(with the new update) out there, every day, and it may actually be less than what you can cover on road. So it is better to focus on the battery percentage consumption right now over the range number shown on the dashboard.

2 Likes

I’ve had these kind of incidents on my earlier scooter, usually involving my son who likes to sit in front of me. He holds on to the handlebar and when I stop to dismount, he unknowingly twisted it and the bike moved forward. Luckily I hadn’t gotten off and hence was able to prevent the fall.

On the Ather, make it a point to use the motor kill switch

5 Likes

Another thing I do that helps a little is as soon as I am in a parking situation I move to park assist even if I want to move forward. This give me peace of mind that the scooter will not run into a wall instantly on slight throttle.

6 Likes

********On a lighter note *********
When you go out for household shopping and end up buying more than what was planned and that too when you are with your wife :zipper_mouth_face:

Well this time Ather 450 (my white fury) saved me… How? (I use to drive bike) :wink:

15 Likes

I had an experience in the opposite vein…

A couple of days after taking delivery, my little one too was sitting in the front and just a few mtrs into the ride, there was a total loss of response to the throttle. So on the road, coasting, with quick thoughts of the motor or the belt packing it in so soon, it suddenly struck me and I looked down… Lo and behold! his hand had accidentally touched the motor-kill switch and it had switched off!! :slight_smile:

If that were to happen when I was in the middle of an overtaking manoeuvre, it would have been a bit more adventurous !!

8 Likes

Actually, I felt scared on your experience because I keep my kid mostly in front…

He honks horn often… Which is a nuisance than danger. But He can’t turn off engine because it requires an effort to push and rotate and it never happens. But just a switch will be easy thing to do for a curious kid.

2 Likes

I make my daughter stand facing me. That way she can’t access the switches nor get hit in the chin everytime I go over a speed hump or brake hard.

3 Likes

As a hack, yes. But kids can stand and sit better facing road because they can hold properly.

Thinking if There should be a better way

1 Like

While trying to find a solution for this…I think Ather team should also consider having the motor off when side stand is applied…it happened so that my daughter gave a bit of throttle when I was standing beside the vehicle…thankfully nothing unfortunate happened but just a kill switch I think will fall short…a side stand sensor to turn the motor off and on in addition will be very useful…

6 Likes

True… Because when it’s idle it’s so silent. A side stand sensor should be considered

1 Like

As a safety measure, kindly buy a helmet for your kid and make them sit behind you as a pillion.

5 Likes

The first thing I did after taking delivery was to get Paint Protection Film(PPF) and Ceramic Coating done on my A450 by professionals … I felt it was a must do considering my intensive every day commute and also to protect the beautiful scooter for years to come . Its also helps to clean and wash it easily due to the hydrophobic characteristic of ceramic coating .

Got it done at this place called ceramic pro rajajinagar based on lot of good reviews and user feedback . totally impressed with the outcome and their effort

I will soon make a video of the full process … anyone curious can check it out

13 Likes

Is it similar to 3m wrap?

What is the total cost of the process and how much time did it take to get it done??? Kindly let us know! TIA
RGT

2 Likes

How much did this cost?

Careful! kids or even adults may still feel intrigued and twist the throttle. Its not a traditional light scooter and controlling it will need some strength. Just a word of caution since its absolutely difficult to know if the motor is live or not.

Oh man… I had a similar experience when my son who was 2 yrs old then turned of the engine of my bike kicking off an algorithm in my mind on what went wrong… :joy:

very true…

Curiosity has no age… wait for some time :slight_smile:

This is a brilliant idea!! @Shreyas @AtherTeam @tarun you should really think on these lines… could be a life saver!!

+1 even I would like to know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same question as @pratul :slight_smile:

3 Likes