Ownership Experience

I ordered last december, won’t that qualify for reimbursement

1st Nov 2018 to be precise. Since you booked in December you’d only get the Service plan. You can still call up Ather and ask them to upgrade you to Ather One, though you’d have to pay the difference.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for this info @raghav.srinivasan

BTW have you guys faced OTA downgrade issue, I sent my ather for OTA update but they say they have updated it but it shows previous version

Here is some info on the process for lease customers, but it will more or less be the same for others - minus the involvement of Autovert.

Anyone else think the 450 sounds kinda like the batpod from Dark Knight?? :grin:

10 Likes
1 Like

Full discharge (100%-0%) in one ride
Had to drag my Nimbus 450 for 500meters!!
:crazy_face:

12 Likes

Hi , I live in Mysuru. I have pre-ordered Ather 450 . I would like to buy the scooter in my name , but I don’t have local address proof of Bengaluru. I spoke to few people about the situation , they are suggesting me to get it registered in Mysuru. But I am sure these RTO agents will take advantage of the situation to make money. Will the RTO consider RENTAL AGREEMENT as a proof of address ? Getting the vehicle registered by Ather is a peace of mind. My cousin lives in Bengaluru , I am thinking to get a rental agreement in his address. Has anyone had situation like me ? How did you guys deal with that . ? Please share your expereinces, It will help me a lot . Thank you .

1 Like

Ather won’t sell you the scooter without having an address in Bangalore. If you have given your cousin’s address, that probably would do. But during the invoice/RTO process they’d still ask your ID and address in which you’re staying. I would recommend you not to do all this. Taking the scooter out of Bangalore might void the warranty. And if you have some issues, RSA wouldn’t help you.

1 Like

I doubt if Ather even gives u an option to register by yourself in another city.

If you have bank account of CITI Bank for more than a year, you can change the address without any proof (provided u submit within a month). So u can download the statement after a day reflecting the new address.

If you have Gas Connection, u can use office HR address letter and get it updated. Book a refill cylinder on the new address and get the proof immediately.

Both these cases work fine as I have seen many of my colleagues doing it successfully.

Check with Ather itself what other option works out easier. They might help you. But dont take hassle and risk of registering in RTO outside Bangalore.

1 Like

Hi , taking the scooter out of Bengaluru won’t void the warranty , I have called up customer support and they have confirmed the same , the only thing they can’t provide is Road Side Assistance.

1 Like

Another proper way.

1. Send yourself a Registered Post from post office to your current address. Use that registered post and you can get a Postal Address Proof. They charge you around 200.

I am sure this is there since 2+ years. But many post offices are unaware. I remember some one tried in Whitefield Borewell Road post office. You can try in ur local post office.

1. Buy yourself a personal accident policy. Hardly costs you 500 rupees. use that to update your Gas connection. (I have not tried this).
1 Like

Hi , Ather is suggesting me to get temporary registration in Bengaluru and get the permanent registration in Mysuru. It seems like a good option , but RTO agents in Mysuru will definitely make the expereince a nightmare. I want to get the vehicle without going through all that , If they accept rental agreement , it solves all the problem. I can purchase the vehicle in someone else’s name , but again I will have to get it transferred to my name. I live in Mysuru , I neither have bank account with Citibank nor a gas connection :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Thanks @prasathvishnu, Option 1 seems like a good option , are you sure RTO will accept Postal address proof as a valid document ?

I think lawyer affidavit is a good option. Need to confirm with with the Ather team .

1 Like

Affidavits looks good. That you can get easily

1 Like

Hey,

If you have any relative in Bengaluru get rental agreement done like you are tenant and they as owner… you can submit that as address proof…

your vehicle will get registered in Bengaluru (this shouldn’t be problem) … and you have to manage the charging by portable charger… use the vehicle in Mysore

I think getting vehicle registered in Mysore may be tricky

who knows looking at you if many people order from Mysore Ather might think of starting support team there… :wink:

Hope this helps… :smiley:

6 Likes

get rental agreement. then get address updated in hdfc or so private bank passbook. then can update in even aadhaar. then aadhaar se passport. you know what i mean…skys the limit

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with you. hence got an keychain. lol

6 Likes

I have got a miniature car itself

1 Like