Ownership Experience

it’s synced 11 hours ago. So it’s not the current status. My parking is in the basement and has weak signal strength. many times it shows charging when it is unplugged, many times, the opposite. Initially I used to go and check…but now “Ride it, charge it, forget it” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True, first few days, I thought charging might have stopped… Then realized its not and its just sync issue becoz of network.

I might do what @raghav.srinivasan has done by using a smart plug…

@raghav.srinivasan I am not a DIY guy in these things… How simple it is to introduce this smart plug in the wiring between my meter and the pod?

not at all complex

if u r not sure - any local electrician can do the job (it is just used to break circuit like MCB but timed!) - u can try checking how MCB is installed and follow the same…

1 Like

If you can wire a light bulb to a switch and know how to use a tester, you are set. Wear insulating footwear and shut of the mains when you are working on power lines.

7 Likes

@prasathvishnu

I have found a device to resolve charging pods off through WiFi at price of RS - 300. Can you please check below YouTube link explained in Tamil and check if suitable to you.

https://youtu.be/2neceVAnQsY

A post was split to a new topic: Vinodvaddi’s Review of the Ather 450

You can use the ignition button to accept change in route.

Hardware limitation, can’t switch to 4g without swapping out the entire dash unit. As for service providers, all are equally guilty if providing a shitty experience. This after I have folks in my home using Airtel, Vodafone, Jio and BSNL - all are bad!

This was beaten to death during the early days! For whatever reason Ather excluded this piece of hardware from the final build.

Flip your MCB off and the app is confused. One label will say charging, the lightening sybom is red and right below that another label will say Not Charging!

4 Likes

@Ather.Team I heard airtel is the first carrier to stop 3G services. I’m sure Voda/idea will follow the trend. What if that happens?

1 Like

I’m sure Voda/idea will follow the trend. What if that happens?

Everyone with a 3G unit is royally screwed. They won’t be able to use navigation or get updates. Ather not introducing 4G already is a major screw up and the early adopters after only a few years will be left abandoned.

It’s easy to imagine more cities losing 3G network in just a few years. Ather will be screwing over the early adopters if they don’t have a plan to upgrade the existing units in an cost effective manner to 4G further down the road.

Just happen to see a new vehicle with Pooja done with the registration no 6443 parked on Jewellers Street , Shivajinagar in the forum.

Will there be any sound from the scooter, when it’s charging?

Yes. Its fan . It works while charging and wen u Rev for more duration.

1 Like

No mirrors?
I see you like to live dangerously. :thinking:

1 Like

How is this sticker

7 Likes

Seat lock is not holding the seat firmly in my bike. Whenever I ride on a rough patch, I can hear that sound from the seat lock. Is anyone else seeing the same issue?

Please let me know if there is a quick fix for this. @Ather.Team @Shreyas

1 Like

Hi Kishore , this is because of the rubber bush does not seat correctly on the plastic body under the seat there is a gap of about 2-4 mm, even I had the same issue , I have a rubber sticker( https://www.amazon.in/MIMU-SHOP-Adhesive-Furniture-Sticking/dp/B07G9VT9ST/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=rubber+feet&qid=1561878562&s=gateway&sr=8-7) installed that eliminates the vibration and sound .

3 Likes

After putting this rubber sticker, you are not having this issue? Let me try to put that then.

Its kind of resolved. I noticed the day I took the delivery, came home and checked it because the seat rubber dampers are short by 2-4mm.Its not adjustable , so just install rubber pads based on gap and its resolved.

1 Like

Install sticker here where the rubber pads rest

3 Likes

Thanks for this picture. Will try to get these stickers from amazon today