Ownership Experience

Good one with positive note.

I too had similar experience, atleast 3 folks on two-wheelers caught my attention after riding from the showroom yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have PPF on my other motorcycle. It has clearly worked . Hence I opted to get it done on the Ather . It will avoid scratches from small drops and scratches which are caused in tight parking spaces . this time I opted for XPEL PPF over 3M after extensive research… the thickness and durability of XPEL ppf is even higher that 3M .

2 Likes

Great, what’s that ceramic coating for

Hey Abhishek,
Thanks for sharing the video. Looks like a neat and thoroughly done professional job. Can you share the total cost and the package you went for at Ceramic pro?
I guess there is one more establishment called www.opticoat.in who undertake the similar treatment. How about talking to both of them negotiating one against other and strike a bulk pricing/offer deal exclusively for Ather owners? I am sure at least 20-30 people will be interested after looking at your video :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450 Ownership Reviews

Noticed the same thing. Lost or not getting last 3 rides statistics. Will be able to confirm this tomorrow again.

Don’t know… but I called Ather for checking why there is wobeling up and down when I am without a pillion at 40-50kmph speed.
Also the regen is not consistent even above 20kmph.
Let’s see what happens.
Will update!!

This is so much better than the official review!

1 Like

I am also strugling with regen. Now i notice that grip has keep twisted moment you release regen disengage. Earlier i was twisting once and release so no regen once release.

I would happily agree if someone say I am biased towards writing more positives than negatives about Ather, because I liked it so much.

Software bugs, screen freeze and connectivity issues doesn’t bothers me much because I know these will get better…
Even the missing center stand, I am forgetting it while praising the neat side stand design which I personally liked a lot…

But I am not finding it ok with the seats…after the initial few owners I didn’t see many raising this point up… don’t know why…is it just my feeling… :thinking:
@hemanth.anand would like to know your experience about the seat…

1 Like

Seats are a pain in the ass… Literally! I can’t feel my butt cheeks after 15mins of riding.

Would a thicker seat cover help?

3 Likes

Though it’s little towards the edge…I am fine with that one position it allows me to sit…it’s soft and comfortable…but for me the gradient is the issue…I want to sit a bit back…but it’s not allowing me to stay in that position…

2 Likes

Some trips in between are lost although the latest are showing up now.

I agree with you, about Seat yes it is more slope , and we will end up sitting in front edge
how ever you try to adjust and sit,

I feel the seat for the rider gets more comfortable over time. The slope is not felt any more for me. So far I have ridden over 1300 kms.

I am at 200kms 3rd day… Height 5’11". Not a problem at all with the seat.

The slope, firmness, shape, outer material of the seat all together influence in the overall experience of the seat in my opinion. My scooter is close to 1000 kms now. I ride it 27kms one way to office, I have taken it once outside Bangalore (60kms one way). What I’ve realised is that we slide forward and have to go back and adjust our seating position every 20 mins or so. It is not the most comfortable of seats around but at the same time, it’s not too bad either. A different cover might help this.
But I’d think @Abhishek is the best guy here to comment on the seat with the amount of riding he has done (already close to 5000kms)

4 Likes

Agree. Keep sliding forward and when i try move back i can no longer find that sweet spot. When stuck in traffic, i stand up to give my bottom some relief.

And i am 6’2, so i tend to want to sit somewhere in the middle of the seat.

Another peevee is the rearview mirror. I dont feel they are high enough for my seating position. When i move the mirror arm inwards the view is of my hands and shirt sleeve, when i move it outwards i can only see about 10-20 feet behind me - rest gets cut off as the mirror is cut in a sharp sloped angle rather than more wider round/oval/Egg shapes in other ICE scooters. I find this difficult while merging into traffic or switching lanes as i am used to see a good length of the adjacent lane prior to making my move.

5 Likes

Mirror could be larger… Can see only my shoulders…

2 Likes