Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

State Subsidy already applied? how the cost is 83800/- (83800+25000= 1,08,800/- Final Price) , Correct me if I’m wrong.

I saw a video in which the Ola Official said it’s 5A.

By an Ather owner

1 Like

Well, as I said, I am still skeptical about selling it. Hoping Ather will fulfill this small request of giving a greater top speed as I ride on expressways alot. Also, I never got the FAME II subsidy :sob:. I got mine in April.

You did, only that it was lesser than the current subsidy. FAME2 has been active since April 2019.

2 Likes

:thinking:

You’ve written that you’ve got it.

Ok now I get it…you didn’t get the higher ₹15000/kw subsidy that was introduced after you bought. But that doesn’t count…if you buy an Ola, you’ll not get the ₹45000 subsidy.

2 Likes

Correct. Anyways doesn’t matter. Let see how it goes. I really don’t like the way OLA looks and looks do matter to me including the Top Speed. So it’s still Ather for me.

3 Likes

All reviewers saying throttle cuts late, isn’t that dangerous?

1 Like

When I went for test-ride, the demo guy said that due to their “energy saving” function, the throttle, when not used, cuts off the power to the motor. That creates the lag. I also observed a lag upon changing of modes.

State subsidy already applied… in Maharashtra it is included in ex showroom

2 Likes

Saw the below one in the autocarindia review

But all this performance came at a cost. After about 10 minutes of sustained riding in Hyper mode, there was a drastic reduction in performance that came without any warning or error message on the TFT dash. Top speed and acceleration were both significantly dulled, and by the end of it, the scooter felt downright lethargic, barely able to pick up speed going up an incline. After leaving it stationary for about 5-10 minutes, the performance began to return, indicating that this is probably a thermal issue with either the motor or the battery. Ola says that it will work on this, and that it can be fixed with better software management, but we’ll have to see how that pans out. As things stand today, a number of scooters at the test location faced a severe reduction in performance after about 10 minutes of riding in Hyper mode.

Under full throttle acceleration in Hyper mode, we also encountered a droning vibration through the seat and floorboard that became noticeably more pronounced as the miles racked up and as the performance drop-off increased. There was also one instance where the motor completely died, not responding to throttle inputs at all, in any of the modes. This rectified itself after a couple of restarts.

Shumi from Powerdrift and Singhee from Zigwheels also have reported that they ran into overheating issues with the Hyper Mode. The EV market is surely heating up :fire: :grin:

I just hope Ola solves this in the customer vehicles before any mishap.

5 Likes

This is same used in optima hx by hero electric , kills the fun . this alone would make me think twice before buying this.

3 Likes

Looks like the vehicle is not extensively tested in Indian Conditions - inclines, variable loads, flooded roads etc.

this is so scary to imagine! I’m happy that Ather didn’t directly link any of the essential (motor, battery or boot) functionality to the dashboard

1 Like

After looking at the videos on YouTube, I can say it “still” looks promising. The ride performance may be great and certainly has more range but hasn’t been put to "real"test. A few problems like the throttle lag, degrading performance in Hyper Mode like overheating on Canon Camera and slightly unfinished things regarding the build etc etc. Software still in beta and app is not yet there. Many of the features still to come later via OTA ( Just like they did in our Athers), The reverse thing seems to be strange and the regen is works different. Grab rails are also flimsy. Also they did boast a lot about their boot. It sure is 36L but there’s no depth. a full face helmet cannot be stored. Imo, full face helmets are better as they provide more safety. Delivering the features in future and a few bugs here and there seem to be the industry standard. I think if one wants more range and more of high tech features can go for Ola otherwise Ather is definitely a good choice. Of course I say this by my experience on the Ather and judgement through the videos. A lot depends on real world experience and if they deliver a good software experience in the future, Ola would be a strong competitor. Like @tarun says, Exciting Times Ahead! :zap::100:

8 Likes

Now I would have to wait for another 6 months to get a “real” world review for production model. I wonder the power to the motor is cut off due to thermal issue, which is more likely a hardware problem due to over use of battery (more current drawn at short span of time) and motor itself (revolving more than its normal rpm). So if OLA says it could be recfitied by managing this in software, I am sure performance of scooter in hyper mode would be limited as compared to their original claim. So might be a real world top speed of 80-90 kmph instead of theoritical 115 kmph

4 Likes

If the company messes up its first vehicle, it could end up derailing all its future ambitions which includes an electric motorbike and an electric car.

Under a Paywall

4 Likes
3 Likes

1000+ cities in less than a month!! Very bold but quite a lot of challenges. Also, another series of push of dates? :joy:

5 Likes