Lower price of the 450 Plus

Did they specifically say that there’s no change in the motor? From what I remember, all they said was, they think they can make the 450Plus for cheaper than expected by changing the hardware. What hardware changes werent specified.

2 Likes

Ok… maybe what you said might also be correct. I heard about battery pack but not about motor so I thought it might not be motor, but I am not completely sure on that.

Someone felt me from a neutral EV industry enthusiast than an Ather fanboy whose responses here feels like every price quoted is worth the product.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you think the prices are expensive, you have the option of buying the cheaper variant. Complaining about the difference makes no sense, when the company has clearly outlined the differences between the two.

If you’re gonna call people “fanboys” for appreciating a startup which is really pushing the EV market to new limits, well then, I am Fanboy of Ather. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I agree with the same that…it is unfair to reduce the price of one model(Ather 450plus) and not reducing the price of another model. If Ather Energy is trying to make their reach to a common people by cutting their profit margin then why it is limited to only one model. Here it seems that Ather Energy reduced the price of Ather 450 plus which is going to be less popular than its counterpart 450x. Its better to say that, actually it is a discount of 9000 on its less popular product to boost its sale, rather than actual price drop to make the brand presence to common people.

Wait what? That’s not the case, they reduced the price because they actually reduced the hardware capabilities of 450 plus. That being said, it’s an after effect of axing the battery subscription.

Simple terms, less powerful hardware since their is no performance limitation via software equals lower cost to produce equals lower cost for consumers.

1 Like

I am guessing you haven’t compared the 450plus with the 450x.

Again, you haven’t understood why the price cut happened in the first place. The last thing Ather would want is to reduce profits!

6 Likes

Absolutely right. It is to make it a tad bit more accessible to people who don’t need all the specs of the 450X. I don’t understand how the price of the 450Plus has anything to do with the price of the 450X. Now they’re 2 diff products completely. I understand that the 450X is quite a bit more expensive than the 450 / 450Plus. But it’s got nothing to do with the price cut of the 450 plus

3 Likes

I would say that is the problem when deciding between Gen3 450+ vs 450x, I saw that the only difference is the range(20km), acceleration(and quicker by 0.6 secs), and Bluetooth. And was told the same by Ather advisor. Because I didn’t really need those, I went with 450+. But now that we are also not receiving software features like AutoHold and maybe others in the future, it doesn’t seem like a good deal.

2 Likes