Improper Fan curve

Not sure why the topic is getting diverted, from a proper Fan to temperature algorithm correction, to frame mounts. here are my analogy fan spines with or without the motor properly heating up, if the motor does have heated up too much the fan does not start to cool it down.

You are stating the natural phenomena vs forced cooling, Hot air rises cold water stays up 7th-grade physics, also there won’t be any heat felt because of the closed enclosure, more than the winding of the motor it’s the stator that needs cooling, which is the hottest part in a motor.

that’s some engineering :clap:

please ride an Activa with left foot down in traffic for some time in Chennai’s scorching heat.

Only possible if a bracket is created to mount on those proprietary fan mounting holes

Correct me if I’m wrong. I believe there’s no cooling fan in activa towards left . The only one I know is at the right .

x.pagespeed.ic.QQiwb72Jga__01

that’s the Pull fan which pulls cold air from the right and forces it out from left, blowing extremely hot air

1 Like

There’s no space to mount a shaft driven fan on the pulley end, and the other end is completely closed off.

It has greatly cut down vibrations, but there’s still some way to go. What it doesn’t address is all the noise. That bit is still very much present, and the hollow enclosure that the motor sits in makes it worse. I’ll see about that later, if I feel like it. For now the padding in the helmet does a semi decent job

2 Likes