Dot Charger - does it have a switch to on/off?

Dear Team, Am awaiting my bike delivery, until then I am getting wiring done in my parking unit for charging point, in Thane city.

My electrician wanted to know should we install a MCB or switch at the charging point or does the DOT charger has an inbuilt switch to turn it On & Off? Kindly advise.

Thank you.

The charger itself doesn’t. There is a PRCD supplied with it that has a switch you can trip.

2 Likes

Adding to what @blackworks responded, it’s completely safe to leave your dot on all the time. It has a PRCD that would trip in case of any voltage fluctuations.

In case you want to turn it off to schedule your charging sessions, consider installing a regular socket so you can use a smart switch to setup the routines.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Notification requests for the mobile app

But still no smart charging…! :smirk:

1 Like

But you can check the charging status of your vehicle anytime anywhere using ather app

Thats true but can I act upon it easily? Like if I have to stop or start charging, I will have to climb down to the parking lot. It’s inconvenient. And we shouldn’t leave it charging for too long (electricity costs) & I don’t necessarily need 100% (85kms) everyday. I can stop charging at 80% or whatever and can charge it to 100% when I have a planned long leisure ride. I think this is not only convenient but also very efficient use of electricity. Plus, this is a nice habit of ensuring better battery health. :blush:

1 Like