Buy Vs Lease Vs Loan

That’s what I assume, but can confirm with Ather on the day of delivery.

1 Like

Great, will try to talk with Autovert and share the same.
Thank you

Yes, you have to pay this difference every year for the entire period of the lease.

Oh got it, Thank you

I decided to own Ather around early 2018… When the payment window opened I also had the dilema…buy or lease…but decided to buy paying 1.27lacs upfront… because of couple of reasons…

1. Ather450 will make sense in all aspects within city for myself and my future family for atleast 5 years. For me off city tours happens hardly 10 times a year…which I go for rental from which ever city I start…choosing the kind of bike i need…doesn’t make sense to own a single bike in Bangalore for that.
  2. I don’t believe EV bikes are yet there to make sense out of city in India in terms of technology, infrastructure, cost and carbon footprint perspective in atleast 5 years. So I don’t see a “I should replace” competition for Ather for my use case in near future.
  3. I can’t think of buying a vehicle and changing it in 3 years… I am a person who would like to use things I own to the maximum possible…still a proud owner of 2004 model unicorn.
  4. I will be in a break even in 3 years and I definitely believe the 450 can go 5 years without much maintenance…so cost is justified
  5. And owning the first batch of this revolution will definitely make me proud after some years. After all I can say I too believed in Ather and decided to invest my significant chuck of savings in a company as Sachin Bansal did :nerd_face:
17 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What is the tax break given on purchase of electric vehicles?

Got the monthly lease rent reminder. The amount mentioned in the reminder is from the 12% GST time.
Hope this is just an error in the reminder sytem. Last month the rent was reduced after the GST was reduced to 5%
Team @Autovert please check this.

Edit: checked with Autovert on Whatsapp. The amount is the reminder was indeed an error. amount that’ll be deducted will be same as last month (5% GST)

5 Likes

It is an error, I got a re-confirmation that amount is ₹2359/-

2 Likes

Yes Hemanth it’s reconfirmed from autovert…Thank you

My first post here!
I’m contemplating replacing my 14 year old bike with a scooter and have made a pre-booking for the 450 with a Jan-Feb 2020 expected delivery.
My bike is now reduced to round the block commuter duties and the scooter will also be for that, so range is not a concern as it’ll barely clock 7-8 kms a day. The main reason to replace is the age and a bike isn’t the most practical option for round the block rides.
I believe in long-term ownership and don’t change vehicles frequently. What is the recommended mode of purchase in that case?
With an ICE scooter, it a no-brainer to go with upfront payment, but considering that electric scooter market is in the initial stages and big changes with advancements are expected in the coming years, is it better to lease and upgrade to something better in say 3 years with the second scooter being retained for a longer period ? Or considering how advanced the 450 is, just buy one upfront and hope it serves me well for the next 6-7 years.

Hey @shashank_n_k,

I think in your case it boils down to how much you are interested to own a vehicle with latest advancement in technology. Because, for your use case I think 450 will easily be fighting fit even after let’s say 5-6 yrs. So, if you are just looking to own an electric for round the block usage for longer periods, then buying will benefit you after few years.
Else if you want to own the then latest technology, leasing would be a better option.

2 Likes

@punithklk79- I’m leaning towards buy option as of now. I think the 450 is quite ahead compared to others and don’t see mainstream manufacturers (Honda,Yamaha et al) coming up with something as good at this price range in the next 3-5 years, another startup may be different however. Apart from the lack of center-stand I won’t really miss the possible future additions like Bluetooth,ABS, extended range etc and hopefully the bike serves me until 7-8 years when I’ll change it.

7 Likes

Hi in Lease Ather One plan is also included or we have to pay extra. Actually I have booked 450 under Jan2020-Feb2020 delivery in Bangalore

1 Like

The lease comes with ather service as standard. But you can pay the difference and upgrade to the ather one plan.
You can make that decision when your payment link opens, by that time hopefully many more grid points would have opened up.

2 Likes

Is it worth upgrading to Ather One if according to my usage I may rarely need to charge at Ather grid stations… On an average what is the electricity refund one gets quarterly in Ather One plan ?

Anyone requested the documents from Hero fincorp for 80EEB proof?
No one picks the call on customer care number at Hero fincorp.

Below are the terms of Autovert for availing cashback after lease.

1. The vehicle should be returned in a well maintained condition, without any unclaimed damage to the vehicle
  2. The customer should not have claimed ‘own damage’ insurance on more than 2 occasions anytime through the 36 month agreement period or a single claim of ‘own damage’ insurance that exceeds an amount of ₹10,000.
  3. The customer should not have defaulted in payments of monthly rentals on more than 3 occasions in the 36 month period.

Also, regarding the insurance claiming process.

• In the event of an accident, Autovert will claim Insurance only if the estimated damage is more than Rs.5,000. The customer will be liable to pay the full value of damages, if its below the said limit. In case the damage is more than the said limit, Autovert reserves the right to withhold an amount of up to maximum Rs.10,000 from any cashback payable or add to the retainer fee at the time of termination, to cover any damage to the vehicle that goes unreported till the termination of the agreement.

This seems like there are restrictions in the insurance if you go with Digit or Autovert. I would like to hear from @hemanth.anand, @rajeshkav and others who have brought the 450 with lease on this.

True… Imagine, you are a scooter owner (let us say 10 scooters) and given it to someone for them to use. Then if they come to you for every 100Rs or 1000Rs claim, then you really need to wander around insurance agents for claim. I feel putting a clause of 5000Rs is reasonable enough by Autovert to deter such claims.

1 Like

I agree with you on the Rs 5,000/- base limit.

My doubt is on the cashback that you get at the end of your 3 year lease period. Are there any restrictions which will lead Autovert to deny it, because of the number of claims. I’m not clear about their clauses around this. Can you throw some light around this.

Also, it seems like they won’t be providing Ather One or any other subscription. Customers need to buy on their own. During the initial days, that was not the case I believe. With all these changes Autovert is making, is it still worth to lease Ather from them.

As I know, Autovert will not deny return of deposit amount. However it might deduct some amount for clause 1 if the vehicle is not maintained well (say for scratches) . Clause 2 and 3 are valid.

Your understanding is right. Autovert lease plan is not with any subscription plan. However, Autovert says t all the maintenance is on them. It means all service costs can be reimbursed. So, what will you lose one does not take up any plan? Data, Electricity reimbursement and then public charging. ONe has to choose weighing what is good /bad for him.