Bengaluru to Shivamogga on an Ather 450

Sure sir. You are always welcome. I dont know if my dad would come on a trip alone. But If I come, he will definitely join in :grin:. So please let me know when you plan.

Also,we can have a meet this weekend at Mysuru. Please let me know the time and the location. I will be there.:smiley:

1 Like

regarding mysuru trip…

time probably around 12pm

and place you should give us choices as none of us are from mysuru, also let me know if you know any ather owners in mysuru

1 Like

What type of place would you prefer? Would you prefer a restuarant for lunch or any scenic place around Mysuru.

Regarding owners, I dont know any one. But I think @samarthraj is from Mysuru. @samarthraj sir, can you please confirm?

2 Likes

Facing my first setback. The scooter does not turn on any more. It appears completely dead. Conincidently this happened on the day of deepavali. Even when the charger is connected, it shows red light for some time and green light starts blinking. Yet the scooter shows no life. Shipping to Bengaluru today for the repair. Have to see how everything goes.

3 Likes

Wish your 450 speedy recovery. I too had same issue and I am on loan battery+bms since a month+. As battery is tied up our 450 w.r.to subsidy, I am not sure whether Ather is willing to replace for you. I request you to speak to Customer Care on this as you may need to wait for longer period for fix if it is ‘repair’.

2 Likes

It is a learning for Ather in this. But decisions and speed at which this gets solved will give a gist of confidence on Ather to current and future owners.

2 Likes

Does it take so long? 1 month plus!!. Is your issue a failed BMS switch? I had read in one of the threads in maintenance that the BMS switch fails upon frequent shutting down. But 1 month plus to repair a small switch ( thinking its a solenoid switch) is too long. Hope they rectify it soon.

1 Like

Hope you get yours soon after repair.

BTW, How are you shipping? By Bus Travel Operators? And how much are they charging?

Technically it should not take long time to fix the issue alone. However do note that, BMS PCB is in battery compartment. First, it is laborious to remove the battery from the 450 as it is beneath the foot rest, then ripping battery pack. Once the BMS circuitry is fixed (note, it is not the switch it is failed), then need to put it back everything and ensure IP rating too. For sure, it is not that easy.

For all Bengaluru users, they have provided loaner battery, hence we are not in hurry to get our own battery pack.

3 Likes

Enquired with VRL. They quoted around 2800 for any 2 wheeler upto Royal Enfield. Upon that the slab changes. Found it a bit costly. We have a consigment being shipped from our factory to Bengaluru by truck today. So decided to ship the scooter through the same. The other option which we had thought was by train. In trains, I think they charge some fixed percent of the value of the goods to be shipped which will be cheaper. The only problem with train is that they dont handle your product well. We are thinking of unloading it at our office near Peenya and ask Ather to arrange a pickup from there on.

6 Likes

That’s a good option…

I understand sir. Being a new company, they need time to figure it out. Once they learn it, they will speed up the reapair. In my case, a loaner BMS and battery is of no use since nobody will use it in Bengaluru. It would be better if they repair the BMS asap so that it can be shipped back and used here.

4 Likes

That’s the reason for my alert to you. Hope you will speak to Customer Care first.

But Ather clearly said, their vehicle sales today is for serviceable area only, that is Bengaluru and Chennai today. If someone is taking beyond these limits, then it is individual call.

1 Like

hey @sachinshastry12,

very sad to know this happened this early. I thought you would be able to just take it to shivamogga and forget about service.

2 Likes

Hey @sachinshastry12

Let me know if you need any help in shipping the bike back to your place.

3 Likes

Ather picked up the scooter today morning and they said that the status will be updated once they diagnose it. The towing service they offered was quick and easy. Highly satisfied with it.

I knew about the risks of taking it outside Bengaluru, sir. But we had no option. We needed a scooter and we wanted it to be electric. Considering the huge time taken by electric two wheeler companies to foray even into metro cities, no doubt it would be a lot of time when they enter other tier 2 and 3 cities. The only scooters which we get here are the chinese ones. Having no option, we bet on this scooter despite knowing the risks. All these are just a part of the risk. No option than to face it. Heading back to Shivamogga now, hoping to get the scooter asap.:smiley:

9 Likes

Agree on what you said. Applause to all who took risk and I fully understand the interest/passion.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the support sir.:smiley: Probably, will ship back by the same truck.

2 Likes

no problem at all sir…:smiley:

1 Like

Amazon type packing before shipping to Bengaluru😂. An old treadmill box and its plastic packing materials were of the right size to accomodate Ather.

12 Likes