AtherGrid Locations

Wow, nice! But use the Ather app to check the status of the Grid point always before navigating there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Yeap definitely, problem is most of the time, when the app has gone to loading status, we canā€™t use any of the functionality of the app, it completely freezes.

Also during past week cloud problem, even the Ather grid app was showing all green, even when i am charging in grid.

So if at all anyone want to use Google map to quickly navigate, they can use this list.

One more point to add is, When we search simply Naturals, or to be specific even Naturals Tnagar, there are tonnes of places popping out in google map, there is even two in same street, to avoid those confusions, this list will come as a quick solution : )

1 Like

Hey thanks for flagging this, weā€™re updating the address on the Ather App for this, to make it easier to discover.

1 Like

You may consider merging Ather Grid app with main Ather app for Ather owners. There is no need to have two separate apps for Ather owners.

The Ather Grid app is of no use to Ather Owners, since you can view the Ather Grid status and start navigation from the Ather App.

Since other EVs can also charge at Ather Grid locations, they can use the Ather Grid app to start a charging session.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, Ather Teamā€¦pls confirm Us, when the New Grids will start working in Chennai as announced in Open House meet.?

We are in need of a Grid in Ambattur area of Chennai, as we are more than 20 Owners here and there is no other Point in West Chennai on CTH Road. Kindly do a quick look on Ambattur area Grid for our West side Owners.

Ather grip at electronic city is not working

@abhishek.balaji please check

Please call support and log a ticket. As mush as we would like to, Abhishek will not be checking every post in the forum all the time.

The best way to report issues as @raghav.srinivasan mentioned, if by calling support or logging it through the app. The Ather Grid team does check the the tickets logged and theyā€™ll resolve it.

2 Likes

Fab Cafe kenchenahalli not working? always show 0 Please confirm any one.

Sure i will from next time onwards.

Now north bangalore has 21 and south bangalore has only 6ā˜¹ļøā€¦whatā€™s happening @abhishek.balaji, @Ather.Team?

4 Likes

Iā€™m from South Bengaluru and Iā€™m not complaining about this. If at all I go to North Bengaluru, I neednā€™t worry as I have 21 charging points. Poor guys from North Bengaluru, when they come this side, they have only 6 options !

7 Likes

Sir, By that logic South Bangaloreans have to plan their rides if they have to travel back to South Bangalore itself from anywhere else. North Bangaloreans have the luxury of fast charging at so many places!

There is total silence with regard to expansion of the grid! And no progress in South Bangalore from close to a year now.

5 Likes

People commute a lot on ORR because most of the office and tech parks. Itā€™s so sad to know nothing out there from silk board to Tin factory, except the one at HSR.

I donā€™t think you got my point. Iā€™ll try and explainā€¦

If people from south Bengaluru ride within South Bengaluru, itā€™s highly unlikely that they ride more than 75kms a day. Same applies to people from North Bengaluru riding within North Bengaluru. Actually Only when people from South cross over to North or vice versa, that youā€™ll need a Grid. So, People from South Bengaluru have the luxury of choosing from 21 points. People from North Bengaluru have only 6 (actually itā€™s 8 IBC and Innov8 not listed in the image youā€™ve put) to choose and plan whenever they come this side.

For Example, assume you stay in Talaghattapura on Kanakapura road and you work in Hoodi, Whitefield.

Case 1: It is 31kms one way. Letā€™s even assume 65kms two way. Grid is rarely needed for this case. even in a rare case when it is needed there are at least 4 grid points near Hoodi (ignoring the one at ITPL)

Case 2: If you take Nice road, it is 38kms one way if you take NICE road. you can actually cruise well and use regen very well here and easily extract 80kms. But I know that the urge to go Wheee! on the NICE road is high and in that case again there are 4 options available

Case 3: Suppose you go to Whitefield and youā€™ve to drop your friend or colleague to somewhere in Hebbal on your return journey. You have 4-5 options available there to charge and come back

Now imagine the oppositeā€¦

Case 1: In the rare case it is needed Caf eleven or Natureā€™s basket Jayanagar are the only ones.

Case 2: In Nice road if you come in sports mode and go wheee! return will be difficult. Either you have to take Caf eleven or Electronic city grid point both of which are a big detour.

Case 3: You come from Whitefield and has to drop someone in Nagarabhavi and then return home, There are hardly any options. You have to go as close as possible to your home with whatever charge is left and then use the 1 out of 21 to cover the last few miles home.

To summarize, more grid points in North Bengaluru will actually help people from South Bengaluru and more grid points in South Bengaluru will help people in North Bengaluru

However, that saidā€¦, I agree that more and more grid points are needed. we are stuck with 30 grid points since one year.

4 Likes

I do understand the pain of less AtherGrid in South. If I am a bachelor or nomad, I would have complained like how you people are doing now. It is really pain when I do not know the next pit stop, to which direction wind will blow which is coupled with range anxiety. I am with you on this.

Letā€™s think from Atherā€™s side: In one of the Open House discussions, we were told Ather is finding it hard to find the hosts to have Ather Grid. Most commercial places are either leased or rented. If Ather has to host the grid, then they have to seek approvals from multiple level (first from the commercial entity & then from the owner). Though Ather can convince commercial entity on benefits of hosting, crossing the next level and approval is difficult. This is one aspect. Second one is, this Grid Charger draws very high current and unless the building has excess power it is hard to cross this technical barrier. However in that open house, Ather said they are willing to knock every door. And in fact, Ather has done this exercise in approaching different chains. Added to this, they asked us/users to help them(Ather) to identify /name if any commercial entity who is willing to host. Meaning, if we know anyone in our connect (commercial, who is willing to host) , we can connect Ather and them. Rest Ather will take care.

Now, let us think from usage point of view: As you might have read, charging from Ather Grid is not advisable on regular basis. Since it is high current charging, life of battery will be in stake if we do so. Only on emergency, if we are running out of juice, then we can go for it. In my last one year+ of usage of 450, I have not used Grid even once.

Now, as @hemanth.anand mentioned in previous post, if we plan well, the distances around Bengaluru are easily achievable without pit stop charging. Other day, I traveled from KA51 RTO office (where I stay) to all way Yelahanka. On the way back I had to go to HBR Layout and took ring road to return. I could easily complete 80Kms in Ride mode and returned home with 20Kms spare.

To conclude, Yes I do agree that we need more Grid Charging points only to avoid range anxiety :slight_smile: (unless I am a nomad or road runner). Following are my take for grids (on priority basis)

1. If we know potential host, let us go and talk to them. If they are willing to host, then we connect them with Ather (this is being active contributor )

2. Push/Demand Ather for converter as an accessory. There are many other charging points (say Bescom etc.), all we need is a converter to charge. (Converter should be voltage/current + pin to pin compatible converter)

3. Push Ather to install more grid (being passive :wink: )

5 Likes

Totally Agree with your points and I would prioritize converter on top as it will virtually increase the grid options immediately and Ather need not convince anyone else except themselves to design, develop and distribute it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Identify standalone homes of ather owners who want to run a charging infra. Install fast charger. Refund usage to person for power consumed plus slight rent. Get atleast 10 such installations going in south Bengaluru to adequately cover the region.

Advertise all locations to other scooter owners from okinawa, bajaj etc. to pay and use

1 Like

The converter is easily available at the local electrical store. I donā€™t see a dependency on Ather for this.