Where should we ride to? 🤔

Hey folks,

We’re planning out the first Owners Ride for those of you in Mumbai, and we’re looking for suggestions! Typically, we start off from Ather Space and ride to a location that’s around 20kms so you can comfortably ride there and back in Warp mode. Any good locations that you folks want to suggest?

2 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji, We are actually planning on this Sunday morning ride and have been already discussing in our whatsapp group. Just to give you updates:

Start point will be Gateway of India, Nariman point, Mahalaxmi Ather Grid point with small break then Bandra Bandstand and finally to Ather Space to juice up our flight then back to home…

Let me know if you get better suggestion from others

4 Likes

Reaching gateway itself would use up good amount of :battery: It would be better if we start at ather space and end there. So that we have enough charge for return journey

1 Like

I’ll be skipping unless the rides are towards the north. To and Fro will use up all the juice.

I am okay to anything. Decide the time

Please update on Grids at few other locations & their timeline to be operational so that more people can join in who are avoiding it due to range anxiety

1 Like

Yes I completely agree with @JPCorp and @abhishek.balaji please can you give us estimate timeline and locations for more Ather Grid coming in. So we can plan accordingly. Lot of other are not able to join in because of range anxiety & lack of Ather Grid in Mumbai.

4 Likes

It’s been pretty hard finding locations that agree to host an Ather Grid point and have sufficient parking space for atleast a two wheeler. The Charging Infrastructure team is on it, will share updates as new Grid points are confirmed for installation.

Try to get it on Western Express Highway from Vasai - Borivali - Andheri - BKC. on Eastern Express Highway from Dadar - Vikhroli - Thane - Turbhe - Panvel

My 2 cents :

Since Mumbai doesn’t have many Fast Chargers yet, I would recommend the ride length be short and you guys spend more time interacting at a coffee/brunch place.

You could do a quick ride through some of the main thoroughfares (gotta show off right :slight_smile:) and settle down at a cafe for a meet & greet.

That way only people coming from a distance can use the EC to top up and everyone else can leisurely drive back home without waiting in line to charge up (due to a longer route/drive). Once more chargers are installed more folks can join for longer rides since they can top up on the way back home.

Besides, what’s the point of having WARP and driving at 25-30kmph for 50/60km drive :grin:

2 Likes

We understand and we as a Mumbai Ather community team have some suggestions. Hope it will be helpful to your Charging Infrastructure team.

Suggestions for Ather Grid
Runwal Green ,Link Road,Mulund (W)
South Mumbai e.g. Hotspot places Nariman point, near CSMT, Gateway of India.
Korum Mall,Thane (W)
Metro Mall , Bhandup
Mind space, Malad West
Nesco, Goregaon East
D-Mart in all suburbs in Mumbai
McDonalds in Malajipada - https://goo.gl/maps/F1wWNaVQJLyFhdLi8
McDonalds in Haloli - https://goo.gl/maps/PL3Pvm9Y68nSCaoFA
McDonalds in Vasai - https://goo.gl/maps/bjfVYdCxQtyez7ut8
Ikea navi mumbai
Kamal motors NERUL
kamal Hyundai KHARGAR
McDonald's KOPARKHAIRNE/GHANSOLI/KLAMBOLI
Goregaon Mulund Link road - Aarey
Kohinoor Square, Dadar West
DMart, Food Studio, Runwal Greens - GMLR Locations
2) RMall - LBS

Mulund West locations
Growels Mall, Kandivali East
Thakur Mall, Dahisar East
All RTOs
Croma, Mahavir Nagar, Kandivali West
Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali West
All those signs you see everywhere: I love Kandivali, I love Andheri etc.
Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East
Mindspace, Malad West
Airports
Metro stations
Hospitals
Pizza outlets/subway
Theatres
Vashi, Inorbit mall
Panvel, oriant mall
1. Vasai - W.E.H. Sativali Road
2. Borivali - W.E.H. - National Park / Devipada Ground
3. Andheri - W.E.H. - Bisleri Junction
4. Powai Garden / IIT
5. Kurla Highway Junction
6. Vashi Toll Naka
7. Panvel - Kalamboli
8. Khopoli - Pali Phata
9. Lonavala to Shivaji Nagar, Pune
Goregaon Mulund Link road - Aarey
Decathlon, Dahusar
Big mall, Kasarvadavali, Ghodbunder road
Aarey road, Goregaon West
IIT Powai
Bombay Gymkhana, near Azad maidan
SNDT Churchgate
Wherever BMC is planning to setup charging stations in Mumbai region
10 Likes

Woah! This is some amazing effort :clap: will pass this on to the Grid team and they’ll run through the list one by one!

6 Likes

All credits goes to our Mumbai Ather group members.:pray:

8 Likes

Vikhroli has a charging station on eastern express Highway. It’s on service road sat Tata Power substation. I think this would be ideal location for ather grid. No parking issue there

1 Like