What will happen to Ather 450?

It’s on linkedIn

I hear you! Just so that I am sure I understood you completely, why was leasing a bad option for you? I did not lease my 450, so I am probably missing something here, but I thought you could always choose to end your lease early, and even if it ends up costing you extra to do this, the TCO would still end up being cheaper than, say, buying your 450, right?

How come then “450 will roll to a couple of cities”? Another factory or

Then how about actual 450+?

3 Likes

Sad to see a gem is discontinued but it a good sign that a new generation vehicles are going to be produced rapidly.

2 Likes

Since the 450 and the 450x share a lot of parts, I assume they would be able to build them at the Hosur plant - if they intended to sell the 450 in secondary markets.

1 Like

Since ather has stopped manufacturing the 450 and considering that ather has been promoting the sales of 450 a lot for the past few months and with Tarun saying they might bring it to a couple of cities. I’m assuming that they have a quite a few 450s lying around on their warehouse. And they plan on selling them off asap

2 Likes

Simple math actually, by the end of 3rd year I would end up paying Rs.1,63,000 to call it my own. Autovert covers ather one service in their plan (hopefully for all 3 years) but I would still end up paying a premium above the market price. I don’t see a better affordable scooter for the next 5-6 years.

I so hope this isn’t true :frowning:

1 Like

Ah okay, I wasn’t aware you had to complete 3 years of leasing. I was suggesting maybe you could just opt to end the lease now and go for 450X. My bad :slight_smile:

I heard the Ather 450 last batch has rolled out of factory and stopped production line. Is this true? Are ather going to stop the production before 450X rolls out? @abhishek.balaji But still Ather website has active pre booking link.

Well they have to sell the ones they have in their storage facility right? XD

With Series 1, 450X and Ather 450+ options on the horizon, what are the pros and cons of retaining 450 over the next 4 to 5 years. For quite a few of us, upgrading from 450 to a newer model within a few months or a year of purchase of 450 may not be economically viable. If one is not interested in higher torque availability in upcoming models visa-vis 450, and considering that 450 may be equipped with 4G connectivity, what else can be a driving factor to upgrade?

1 Like

450x feels like minor improvements in cosmetic,little more torque, improved dashboard compared to 450 which still doesn’t solve lack of ABS on such expensive scooter ,center stand , useless mirrors and magical figure of real world 100 km on single charge. But next variants of ather will crack all these missing features which will be true successor to 450.

If its a minor improvement over 450, Ather should not have shelved the production of 450 (if media reports are to be believed) atleast until a worthy successor to 450 is launched.

1 Like

450 as model has ceased to exist only in name 450 plus is ather 450 in just different disguise right ?

1 Like

Tangible improvements. New cells in newly designed battery pack and BMS. PMSM motor, dashboard changes, … which has improved speed, balance, etc… so, not just 450 in disguise, but a better scooter in 450’s shell.

3 Likes

450’s shell with it’s inherited drawbacks which they have still and by looks of it they won’t address untill new completely redesigned model comes out.

1 Like

New cells, BMS and PMSM motor are good points.

is there an option to reduce the motor whine for those that dont love it …or is it inherently reduced with the improvements to BMS and PMSM motor??? any idea