What will happen to Ather 450?

They will continue to support it but, the production for the 450 will be stopped shortly.

1 Like

Also what happens to Ather Grid once they get upgraded as conveyed in the launch? Can the existing BMS in 450 handle the new grid?

1 Like

Please try to recall the lifetime free telecom plans. They were all cut short to the duration of the operator license. Same way in the new motor vehicle act there was a clause specifying that life of passenger vehicles was 15 years. That makes sense for ice but i don’t know if there is a special clause for ev

1 Like

Yes but it will charge at the regular 1km/minute speed. Just like it will charge the 450Xplus

1 Like

Who defines ’ it’s life ’ ? It can be the warranty period …or is it as long as the vehicle can be used ? Is it the owners life :grinning: ? Or the company’s life ? Very open ended statement. I’ve written to ather too just now … awaiting their reply . They should send a very clear clarification explaining the future of the 450. I know it’s impossible to keep upgrading the features beyond a point but they should atleast honour and maintain the features they have offered .

5 Likes

It’s said that 450 productions will be stopped with the last batch in run.

There was a statement from Ather that they were going to provide a plan to upgrade to 450x for the existing owners of 450. Right?

It appears safe to assume that the days of continued support of 450 are numbered. Just that the number may be a little bit large, say 1000 or 2000.

Eventually, all owners will have to upgrade to 450x. Those that aren’t upgrading, will have the option of writing memoirs of the good days & fun they had with Ather 450 (given 450x is prohibitively expensive).

Upgrade , Buyback etc can be an option but you just can’t kill the product or arm twist a client to upgrade . Now it’s the 450X and tomorrow it will be the 550x. Then what happens to everyone on the 450 platform ?

I’m sure they can’t just do that get away scot free . This is an automobile and there are certain set norms as per the law of the land too … you can’t become a pied piper and lead a few thousand gullible ppl who invested money on a product to nowhere. If someone can do it now,they are capable of doing it again.

Anyways , let’s await a clarification from ather before jumping the gun. I’m sure that they are here for the long run and will not do something like this and kill their own market.

1 Like

When will ‘Warp’ mode and other features will be rolled out to existing 450s? :thinking:

Warp mode - Probably never, I don’t think a 450 can Physically accelerate that fast. 450x motor(6kw) is superior to 450 motor(5.4kw)
4G upgrade will happen soon
I feel Dark mode will also happen with OTA
I don’t think Bluetooth will be made available for 450

1 Like

They have to support 450 until the last 450 vehicle delivered plus 3 years warranty period is not a joke right? :thinking:

My scooter also frequently visit this place

1 Like

I have one pertinent question to ask @abhishek.balaji @tarun for an official answer from Ather,

what is your stance on planned obsolescence,

till when will 450 be getting updates and support,

and what guarantee that you won’t degrade the performance of 450 through a future update which the customer does not have control over on similar lines to apple degrading the performance of older iphones due to battery degrading since it has been explicitly made clear by @tarun that they are not trying to be an automobile company but a tech company.

The last concluding owner’s meet was in retrospect full of lies from Ather. From the start, it was put across that Bluetooth was unreliable. No immediate upgrade plans and more importantly, battery is good to last for 5 years easily. Now, there is so much of marketing terminology being thrown around. No word on the life of 450 though.

Hence, official stance in writing would be highly appreciated.

6 Likes

They said they are not like other company to keep releasing new products every year but complete reversal of that already.

1 Like

They announced the new product launch in just 3 weeks after the last owners meet where they clearly told there is no new product launch in the near future! If 3 weeks wasn’t i don’t know what was!

4 Likes

Ather 450 will be discontinued. New video on ather linked in page says 450 phased out.

AFAIK, I believe that has always been the plan, right? 450 in a new avatar will be now rolling out into the market as 450 Plus, which is actually just 450X that has been throttled as far as the performance and features go.

2 Likes

I own a 450. I went for the lease option since this was my very first EV. I was a bit skeptical about EV’s in general. I was convinced that “EV’s are going to become faster yet cheaper” in future. After the launch of 450X though , not a day goes by regretting my decision not to buy 450 outright. Upgrading to 450X doesn’t make any financial sense for someone like me. Currently I am keeping an eye on my charging cycles. Hopefully the battery lasts 4 years so that I can buy a new one from Ather (provided Ather still offers support for 450 4 years from now).

The last 450 rolled out of the whitefield factory this week.

5 Likes

Huh😕 unable to see this post on any of their social media channels… How come?

1 Like