What will happen to Ather 450?

Ather’s official TPMS accessory cannot be installed on a first gen 450?

No it cannot since it’s does not Bluetooth connectivity. Same for the 450 Plus too

2 Likes

I know Bluetooth hardware is not present in 450, but it can be routed through Ather app… right?

Nope. I don’t think so. The sensors communicate with the dashboard via Bluetooth. And then the dashboard relays information via tha app using connectivity.

1 Like

This is the reason it will not have any TPMS support.

If you are looking into TPMS app-based interface you can buy aftermarket ones like Treel, it’s just like one that Ather launched and it gives a pretty accurate reading, and alerts for low and high tyre pressure but the only thing you will miss is it won’t show anything on the large screen of Ather!

5 Likes

Hey @tarun @abhishek.balaji there just has not been any updates for the old Ather 450 gen1 owners. The present software is absolutely stable but feels like all future updates will only be for the 450X. I understand that our dashboard is not equipped to add a lot of features but… Could we at least have small things like this

• An option to shutdown after full charge or a remote shutdown?
  • Preset Charging limiter (based on %)
  • (why can’t I think of anything else ?):thinking:

I guess it never happened @tarun Maybe next year? A 450lite? Or an upgraded 450X with more range? Maybe put in some 4680 cells this time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Surprise post coming in the forum and they will annouce new long range model soon, after that 450x will get less updates

6 Likes

Add these to your list:

• Hazard lights • Option to switch to predicted range on dashboard instead of true range.

2 Likes

Can we expect an Update with smart eco for our 450?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hi, I feel the quality of service and the parts replaced for Ather 450 are degraded in quality. Does anyone feel the same? I am facing new issues right after getting it from service centre especially from the components which were worked on during the service. I feel the service quality was better when the scooter was taken to IBC for service. Nowadays its being worked on at Proto lab and the experience is also poor. I have given for service 4 times this month and still having the below mentioned issues. Each issue started showing up right after getting it from service :neutral_face: I am already towards end of warranty, worrying me about battery degradation(we dont even get to know the health of the battery) and on top of it, these issues completely ruin my peace of mind

6 Likes

got a call from the service team saying that they’ve replaced the motor pulley under warranty. It was originally replaced 4weeks back and now again today. I’m wondering if the replaced motor pulley’s life is just 4 weeks/ 1000kms.

they also informed that the front wheel was cleaned and lubricated and the panel gaps fixed.

can’t wait to get the scooter back and discover new issues this time😂

3 Likes

Hey Abhishek, We hope your issue is addressed. Let us know if you need any assistance we will get back to you.

3 Likes

No, looks like I’ve started get the sound again from the motor pulley especially when I’m not accelerating. as per service team, it was replaced the last 2 times but still I’m able to hear slightly now, after 2 weeks and over time, I’m sure the sound increases

1 Like

Hey Abhishek, Our team will get in touch with you shortly.

3 Likes

hi @melvin.wilson I’m getting the motor pulley noise issue again and booked pickup on Wednesday. I would like to know why this issue is repeating every 2-3 weeks even after the part is fully replaced last 2 times

At first, i thought it might be rains and mud going in but all of 25k kms(2 years) I’ve never faced this issue and never got the motor pulley replaced. I would also like to point out that the first time I’ve noticed the noise is right after a service, so can we conclude that a perfectly fine part was replaced with a defective one?

Hey Abhishek, We have shared your concern with our internal team. We will get back to you soon.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji , Can we get an update, please?

Yes please. Stuff like hazard lights and charging limiter and smart eco. We’ve seen No updates since the 450X came out. :frowning: When potential customers ask me what updates I’ve gotten since it has OTA updates. I am out of words because I can’t think of anything new I’ve had since I got the scooter. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes