Upgrading your Ather 450 to the Ather 450X!

@abhishek.balaji Ather Health Certificate must be provided Freely to all the 450 Owners before the end of 3yrs warranty to check whether they still have their Battery pack life as Above 70% as announced by Ather. Only then we can confirm the Guaranteed life span of battery @tarun as per company claim.

14 Likes

I think Battery health should be provided for free. If any other overall technical things non related to battery, which is required during selling, that can be made chargeable

7 Likes

Ya, revolt does it. Just a % to have an idea about the health

2 Likes

The Ather 450 -> 450X upgrade program is here

Hey folks!

We’re glad to kick off the Ather Certified Pre-Owned Program. It’s the first step in moving up to the Ather 450X from your Ather 450. We’ll reach out to you over email to begin this process and register for the program soon. Onboarding will happen in the order of the pre-orders done for the Ather 450X.

Here’s how it’ll work:

Register yourself as a seller

Fill up a simple form with a few details of your vehicle, usage, and ownership. This form will be sent to you over email if you’re eligible for the program.

Book a slot for the Ather Health Certificate (AHC)

Once you fill the form, you’ll be directed to a link to book an appointment for the Ather Health Certificate. We’re opening up slots to get the evaluation done for the next three weeks.

Complete the payment for the Ather Health Certificate

Once you book your slot for the AHC evaluation, you’ll get a confirmation email with a link to complete the payment.

Ready your vehicle for AHC with a simple step Before you head over for the AHC evaluation, there’s a one-time activity to get an accurate battery health score. Follow these steps:

1. Let your vehicle’s battery drain to less than 20%
  2. If you were riding before this, let the vehicle rest for about 30 minutes before plugging it in
  3. Leave the vehicle plugged in to charge completely overnight

Visit the service center for the AHC

The AHC evaluation will be done at our service centers in Bengaluru and Chennai by dedicated service technicians. Once the assessment is completed, we’ll share the AHC with you over email.

Meet with a buyer

We have a dedicated support team, who’ll connect you with potential buyers based on matching requirements. We’ll make this as hassle-free as possible for you to sell your Ather 450.

That’s it, you can go ahead and complete your Ather 450X order, and the AHC fee would be applied as a discount.

Note:

• The AHC has been designed specifically for the Ather Certified Pre-owned program to help you as a seller have a better conversation with potential buyers.
  • The AHC is priced at Rs. 1695 (excl GST), which gets waived off when you upgrade to the Ather 450X. The fee is to ensure that we’re able to prioritize this service for genuine upgrade customers. To be true to that spirit, the entire fee would be applied as a discount when you purchase the Ather 450X. If you already completed the 450X payment, we’ll waive off the price completely and you do not have to pay for the AHC
  • This program would be available only to those who own an Ather 450 and have preordered the Ather 450X. If you’re eligible, you’ll get an email to start the process.
  • To begin with, we’re opening up slots for the next 2 weeks and inviting customers in batches based on their sequence in the Ather 450X pre-order queue. We will ramp up soon and open up more slots once we gain pace.
8 Likes

Looking forward to the Ather Health Certificate mail Balaji :slight_smile:

1 Like

So do we order or wait for the AHC mail?

1 Like

So how does this work for customers who are on Lease ? I just cancel my lease and return the vehicle to Autovert and then apply for a new lease? Or can the lease customers also take advantage of this and buy out the lease from Autovert ?

The best option for those under lease would be to speak to Autovert about ending your current lease and moving to a new one for the 450X. That would be the most hassle-free experience!

You can do it either way. If you complete the payment for the 450X before requesting the AHC, you won’t have to pay anything to get the AHC and list your vehicle. If you request AHC and then complete the payment, the fee would be discounted at the time of your payment completion.

2 Likes

Has anyone completed the AHC and got their reports? it would be really helpful on what basis you can get the maximum benefits while selling

How should customer who wants to buy used 450 contact the seller!!!

2 Likes

You can ask them to check here: https://www.atherenergy.com/pre-owned

Congratulations on introduction of the peer to peer platform for selling pre-owned Ather 450 tending to the needs of sellers who wish to upgrade to 450X.

I have read the ‘Buyer terms for Ather Certified pre-owned Program’. The typeform asks for the place and pincode of buyer’s residence of either Bangaluru or Chennai. The scope of the program as per the terms is not restricted to said 2 cities and it should not be the case in tune with the spirit of the program. Other cities may also have potential buyers thereby increasing the market and price competitiveness considering that Bengaluru and Chennai buyers already have the advantage of owing Ather vehicles at will with least waiting period.

I appreciate the nature of the program and feel that the sellers should have wider buyer audience. As such the prospective buyer of the pre-owned Ather 450 would be able to access the services of Ather in the cities being launched now and in near future. The buyer would be liable for the logistics of the transit of the pre-owned 450 from seller’s location in either Bangaluru or Chennai to any of the cities where there is Ather service outreach.

It would be highly appreciated if a thought is put into increasing the scope of this program which is a limited period endeavour. Kindly acknowledge and initiate appropriate modification to the program subscription typeform at the earliest.

2 Likes

You could just put some random address ( one each in each city) and once linked. Take it up with the buyer. But I’d the address plays a major role in selected sellers and buyers than that’s an issue.

Will the warranty of remaining years of used ather continue for second owner!!!

1 Like

Probably that would continue since the warranty is for the scooter.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450 marketplace

Is Exchange Program applicable for Bounce Customer? if yes then let me know how to register as seller for proceeding further…

If not, i will cancel from Bounce and move back to Normal Customer what i need to do please suggest

Team is on break. So you’ll have to wait much more for a reply. Try contacting CS for a faster and better response.

1 Like