Upgrade to 450x

I got the 450 plus last October thinking I will upgrade it later by paying for the performance pack. I even checked with the dealer and they said it was possible and then I came to know for some reason Ather is not permitting that. Why? When I am willing to pay money and it’s basically the same vehicle and the recent bug has proved doing it is just a flip of a metaphorical switch for Ather. Please let us do it, otherwise I am really stuck with a lower range scooter. That 20 km extra would enable me to go to a lot many places that I can’t right now.

25 Likes

Same i am facing same problem if i go to 25 km then my send ride i complete or not i always not sure why i have to change the scooter i am also interested to upgrade the scooter

16 Likes

Yes same here i agree to pay extra money why not they allow to upgrade

12 Likes

Who want to more range and other features in Ather 450 vote here

19 Likes

I Dont think so you can upgrade it, coz in ur RC book it say 450+ and if the company allows u to upgrade, then their will be a problem with the RTO i think !!! May be ……

6 Likes

The RC book for my 450+ mentions as 450x only, there is no mention of 450+ even in insurance :sweat_smile:.

11 Likes

Yes bro i also sent a mail to Ather abt this

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be like this

3 Likes

In my rc it’s Ather x not plus

3 Likes

Same feeling Even they said it at launch themselves But now they say we are not offering any upgrade if asked to CS. If it was different hardware I would have sold 450plus and gone for 450x but after knowing it’s just a software switch, we 450plus user’s left with no option for upgrading.

7 Likes

I was promised the same and I’m stuck bcs Ather executive promised me that I can upgrade the bike and they will buy it and now they say they can’t . I’m seriously happy about the product but not happy about how the agent promised and things happening now

6 Likes

Anyone who’s done it or got it done. Is it possible because I was planning the same.

2 Likes

भया rc बुक में 450X लिखा ह

3 Likes

Make a complete for this because if your RC not mention your model then the insurance company not pass your claim in any problem of the vehicle or person or other person

Make a complete about this … Or company change your model to x

4 Likes

Yes even i agree when purchased Ather 45 plus in the month of February they said 3rd gen will 1 year to launch now it has launched and surely need a upgrade offer who ever is using Ather 450 plus bike

Same here, iam also willing to upgrade 450+ to 450x. If it’s possible Ather should do it by charging extra money…

3 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji any provision to upgrade from gen 2 to gen 3? Maybe an exchange or a buyback or something similar?

4 Likes

I don’t think so, they might / are buying ice scooters- few dealers, other than that there might not be a upgrade option

2 Likes

Me to facing the range issue my village (weekend) is 98 km from my office In the way charging not possible but after reaching 98 km there i can charge overnight And moring back to office

1 Like