Updates and new features

Really? I was almost hit by a school bus on one day. It was initial days of Eco mode and was in that mode on that day. This school bus was far away and I thought I can make it. However realized that I cannot as I do not have power and had to apply hard braking. I skidded and fell. Bus stopped just inches away. From that day onward, I never want to go back to Eco Mode and in fact I am scared to use. One has to have special skills to drive in that mode. On range, I am sure I can achieve better range in other modes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh sad to know you went through it… it’s a fact that eco mode has very low pick-up… it’s only for slow movers…

Oh man, thats definitely a close shave. Definitely not an ideal mode in such situations.

What I meant is eco mode by itself is harmless. I use it sometimes, especially when am stuck in traffic and low speeds work just fine (which is atleast half the time in bangalore). But Eco mode can be a hazard when its forced on us or when it starts as the default option after a restart and you don’t realize it until the last sec when you are driving and need the acceleration. There should be more customization on what modes are default or available in different situations.

1 Like

Very true… Agree fully. Default should be user’s last set mode.

3 Likes

Not a fan of Eco mode myself. The mode currently resets to Eco only upon Shutdown and boot right? It doesnt occur if you do a quick restart of the dashboard.

I almost had an auto hit me from behind at a signal once, escaped by using the quick acceleration on Sports mode.

3 Likes

Correct. I realise the moment I take off when I feel the motor struggle to gain speed. Can you ask the devs to see if they can at least default to ride mode, if they aren’t able to make the bike remember the settings?

2 Likes

Added as a feature request

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/default-to-last-used-mode-on-shutdown-start/4271

2 Likes

Yes, I completely agree. I shut down the vehicle once when I was on a shoot for 12+ hours. After the shoot I was really tired, so I started the vehicle and tried to take a U turn on a street. I forgot that the eco mode was engaged and I almost fell. Luckily, there wasn’t much traffic on that road.

@abhishek.balaji thanks for adding the feature request. Hope this is taken up on priority in future OTAs.

2 Likes

It would be better to have the option of choosing Ride mode vs Eco mode when the battery is below 18%.

Felt Eco mode is too dangerous on 4 -6 lane roads and flyovers.

7 Likes

Ya we’ve asked ather about this too. The option to at least move to ride mode knowing that you will be able to make it to your destination with the available charge.
If the question is about draining the battery when it has a low SoC. Before the Eco Mode update ather realised that Ride mode was fine for under 18% so I don’t understand why they had to make it mandatory to go into Eco mode. @Ather.Team please could you look into this ?

2 Likes

I had the Flyover experience and this was before eco mode was introduced. Had to take the risk and cross lanes with a pillion… I could only get it between 25 to 30 at that time. Scary experience.

1 Like

I request a handbrake on Ather. Whenever i stop in signals I can fold my arms or even use my phone. Most often than not the roads are inclined and i am forced to keep the brake lever pressed. A handbrake will really help.

9 Likes

I agree with him… Felt the same

Do you mean the ones similar to the brake locks available on the Ntorq?.
I’d like that too.

1 Like

Yes, I too have faced this. The one in Jupiter is very helpful. Even while parking, sometimes Ather just slides down and I need to find a parking without slope.

1 Like

Nice trick to keep if the phone. Isn’t it :wink:. My wife is happy that it’s doesn’t have the brake lock!

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Ota 4.1.0

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA 4.1.0x

Oh my! This is a much required feature! Possibly deal breaker for me! :sweat:

Eco mode us useless , have not used it even once and thats the last mode you want to use , and worst part is with 15% charge it auto shifts to ECO and scooter is absolutely unusable in this mode.I have been pestering @Ather.Team to have 2 branches of firmware 2.x and 4.x .

2.x for users who just want to use scooter like a scooter with RIDE and Sports mode.
4.x for user who user scooter for navigation and certain features that many may not be used by most user on a daily basis.
Also I was told toll back to 2.x firmware is not possible not sure whats the reason @Ather.Team is unable to give me a valid reason for the same.
I was so happy with 2.x firmware except for the indicator autocutoff issues and some random minor issues like screen blank issues as it had only 2 modes RIDE and Sports Mode.
Also if 2.x firmware is not an option let them make the code change of the failover to ECO mode at 8% charge or rather than 15% charge its just a value change in the firmware that needs to be done and its certainly that can be done on the firmware.
Hopefully they come up with what customer wants rather than what Ather Product management team wants.

1 Like