Updates and new features

The ride stats are really weird after the last OTA update.

If I ride using all 3 modes, they all somehow try and match up to the 75, 65, 55 limit of range. Which is very false.

I’ve ridden smoothly in only sport mode and even with an average of 27wh/km my estimated range in sport mode never shows more than 65 or 75… (I used to get 85-90 before on average)

2 Likes

I feel that Ather is really complicating the whole predicted range thing. While there can be complicated algorithms predicting range based on energy consumed, terrain, driving style etc, at the end of the day it is a simple linear math.

Remaining battery capacity / average wh consumed. And that’s all I need to see when I am riding. The current way of displaying range based on the mode is not useful. The range should not change based on switching modes. Just keep it simple and show one value based on the battery capacity and the wh/km average.

I change modes based on the riding requirement and will control the amount of power I need.

What am I missing here?

4 Likes

I tried all three modes on a single ride, followed by several short rides on sport mode. The predicted range seems to get affected only in the dominant mode.

3 Likes

Is anyone else seeing improved projections after the update…? Am getting better projected range and slightly improved efficiency. Is it maybe because the fan kicks in quite often now…?

Whether the issue with indicator auto turn off fixed ? My indicator auto turn off was not working since delivery in June. When contacted customer care they said it will be fixed in next update. But after latest update also its not working.

Anish, there is no update for this issue in the present OTA patch.

Check more details of this OTA update at

1 Like

Thanks Rajesh for the update !

I actually thought I felt the indicator auto turnoff works better now. I guess it’s all in my head.

What I have observed is that left indicator when turned on does not auto turn off at all , right indicator autocut off works better now and does not auto off within few seconds befor navigating the turn.

3 Likes

I hope auto turn off is not depend on navigation or GPS. They are using other sensors and logics to calculate turning positions.

While standing if u on indicator it will be on for long time but while in motion it will off in short duration.

When you turn the vehicle you try little lean towards ground and come back to normal then it turn off indicator.

2 Likes

Yes I also observed this behavior.

It uses the IMU sensor onboard to detect changes and shut-off the indicator.

FAST CHARGING INCREASES EFFICIENCY OF BATTERY AND ALSO THE CHARGING CYCLES…

WATCH THIS… https://youtu.be/qVbxhpu360s

WAITING FOR THIS BATTERY TECH IN OUR BIKES :sunglasses:

1 Like

With rapid change in battery technology , the next battery change on the ather may not be a battery at all .

Hi @Ather.Team still not recieved any update
Plz look to it :v:t2:

Yes. The predictions have gone for a toss after the update.

1 Like

I noticed something after the update. It’s a small change. Don’t know if anyone else has noticed it too.
As the SoC reaches 92,82,72,62,52… The range indicator starts dropping drastically. For example if it was at 59 at 92% by the time it hits 90% it’ll be down to 56 at stays at 56 till the SoC reaches about 87%. (Range mode)
I guess they were trying to fix the 99,89,79… issue. But didn’t really work. They just pre corrected the ranges.

1 Like

It’s good that you haven’t got it yet… the new update has lot of bugs :beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle::beetle:

2 Likes

that’s the reason i asked have Ather if they can allow us (who are interested) to be beta testers, but they have added a clause that they should be within 5km from ibc!
i think they should consider people who are really interested in testing…
hope they get it

6 Likes

Beta testers for a scooter? :joy: Wait a second. Aren’t we already? :joy: We are the early adopters.

I’ve been a part of a lot of beta testing teams. from phone SW testing to TV SW testing to Apps and what not. Even signed a couple of NDAs. But beta for a scooter is risky tho.

6 Likes