Tyres & TPMS

It was mentioned on the website and on the brochure that the TPMS will be sold as an optional accessory

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Installation and feedback

when will the tpms come out any updates?

Still in testing phase according to customer care. But testing is done by selected few customers who already have tpms installed on their scooters

3 Likes

Hi Team, @abhishek.balaji @tarun @swapniljain

I purchased TPMS on 10/06/2022, For installation of TPMS the service center mentioned that they get it done from outside tyre shop. I have to change the tyres as well, hence they told me to go this shop where they get the TPMS installed. This shop is an authorised Michelin tyre shop Hence went to same shop. Change the tyre to Micheline Pilot Street pro 2 with same profile 90-90-12 and installed TPMS.

No issue while installing the rear TPMS, while installing TPMS on front wheel we faced issue with valve leak. TMPS was installed on front tyre, when inflated and checked in water, there was a small leak in the valve. The tyre shop tried to put adhesive to check if it can be leak proof. However, have to remove the valve, as leakage was there in the valve. While removing the valve the rubber lining of the valve got damaged. There was no other way then just pull of the rim. The TPMS sensor is intact and have no issues.

At service center they didn’t have any extra valve, they told me to buy a new TPMS instead. It’s a valve issue and not the sensor issue, this valve issue can happen to any vehicle going forward. I understand, this is new product and won’t be available immediately of the shelf.

It’s a humble request to send only the valve to the service station for which I am ready to pay as well. Without valve I won’t be able to use the TMPS. Eagerly awaiting your response on the same.

I am attaching photos for front tyre TPMS for your reference.

Thanks & Regards Chetan Visal

1 Like

You could have returned both valves and asked for replacement as this is a manufacturing defect. Usally both of them will be in paired to each other.

Continuing the discussion from Launching Ather TPMS :rocket::

4 Likes

TPMS Buy & installation under rewards points redemption not yet started … why ? @abhishek.balaji

It has started but currently not available at Ather Space Indiranagar and a couple of more.

1 Like

Recently visited an IOCL petrol pump to refill air & found the pressure around 24 although the tpms was showing around 28 at rest & around 30 when driven around.

Anyone experienced the same ?

That could be the calibration difference. I think u should go with the tpms value.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji pls help since the time tpms has launched I have been trying to get it installed on my scooter in Mumbai but whenever I call the service centre it says it’s not available…pls help if I can order somewhere online and take the product to the service centre so that they can install it for me

1 Like

Hey, that seems to be a mistake. Team’s fixed it now - TPMS is available now.

12 Likes

Yes Tarun thanks for the reply I got a call from the accessories head and I have got tpms fixed on my bike from vasai service station thanks a lot

2 Likes

It’s a general practice that your service centre follows, stating the accessory or spare part is unavailable asking us to come after few days.

I had the same issue when I went to install side step. They said no stock available. After I spoke to the EC they installed one immediately.

I rate 1star in Google maps, then they were calling me multiple times to revise the rating.

2 Likes

I think over time, I got better at understanding the tyre pressure just by riding a km. I skipped tpms as the constant numbers on the screen dan cause me anxiety. Lol

Had installed the TPMS a few months back. My experience is as follows

1. The display is not as sensitive as other competitive makes. I use Sensairy on my other bike and that system is able to display changes much quicker than the Ather one. Sometimes i feel that the Ather TPMS is frozen and not responsive.

2. The nozzles are badly installed by the service Centre. In my case the nozzle is pointing to the left for the rear wheel which makes it difficult to fill air as the belt and the wheel hub comes in the way. Not sure if this is an installation error or designed that way.

2 Likes

It’s the same on my bike as well. Even the person refilling the tyre questioned this decision as its really an inconvenient to fill the air

Got the following response from Customer Care

" We would like to inform you, as per the update we have received we have confirmed that the nozzle should be toward the left side If it is turned towards the right side nozzle will get damaged which is the reason why the service team has installed in such a way."

The only choice is that Ather should replace the nozzle with shorter nozzles. After all what is the use of a TPMS if it is so difficult to fill air.

3 Likes

Hey All. I have a problem with TPMS. My TPMS is stuck at reading of 30 and 33 on 450x screen and on app it shows 0/0. I went to Service center ,they restarted scooter and said it will fix after 2-3 kms ride I have completed almost 100 kms but still no change. SC team is clueless on fix. What is the best way to fix this? Any comments?

2 Likes

Try restarting and ride it for 2 days if not then send email to customer service.