Transporting the Ather scooter to a different city

Planning to move my Ather 450X to Kanyakumari, checking if any other options than Train or Gati please?

You can check with VRL and Agarwal. Agarwal pricing is on the higher side but they do a very good job I’ve heard.

Hi you can take it in the Train. I did the same . Instead of putting it as parcel , get a train ticket and book the Ather 450x as luggage in the same train in which you are travelling .The Ather will travel along with you. You can do the packing yourself or you can avail the packing services from agents near parcel service( 500₹ ). Try to book in a train which is less famous so that your Ather can utilise the entire luggage area for itself.

11 Likes

Transported Brand New Ather450 after getting delivery from Chennai AEC on 16Jan2020. Brought it completely safe as mine was only one in Parcel Wagon that day (I felt the side stand alone cant withstand in a moving train so parked Ather450 inside wagon using a paddock). Fare was Rs.1181 for distance of 400km. Apart from that it incurred Rs.1000 approx for packing(600) and some demanded mandatory tips(bribe actually :triumph:) starting from RPF at entrance, booking clerk, loading man, agent, etc.,. While loading and unloading it would be better if we are there with porter to instruct them in handling vehicle like where to hold when lifting and where not to. Sometimes they may even lift by holding saree guard, mudguard and registration plate even. Also the Freight Charge in Railways for automobiles is calculated based on IDV value. So if its used vehicle it will be even lesser.

10 Likes

I want to buy from Bangalore and take to Kerala for my use. When I enquired, the Bangalore company said that the warranty will be void. Can anyone comment on it?

Warranty will not be void they cannot provide services in Areas where their presence is not there(for example they don’t provide any service outside bengaluru in karnataka as of now) Once EC start operations in Mysore and Hubli then services start in that areas. We have to take the risk of shipping the vehicle all the way to service centre at our expense, and also the time consumed for this entire process of servicing increases.

If planning for Kerala then why not wait for kochi to start operations it starts in near future as per the available information. That way your registration in Kerala would be easier too.

1 Like

Better wait for few months. Kozhikode will start this year most likely. Kochi starting this month positively. Can buy from any of these locations. You need to take it back here for servicing though. Will not effect warranty.

1 Like

It’s listed as the best Scooter of 2021 in electric. And because of its structure there is a great balance. I am riding in Mumbai. Hectic traffic, but this vehicle just makes it too easy. Unless you own it, you will never know it. :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Which scooter do you use and feel comfortable using on these dynamic roads you speak of ?

2 Likes

hi bro. they have opened up in coimbatore too. Why dont you give a try there…

Kochi Showroom opening in march 12 confirmed

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Rishitth, do you have the show room contact number. The one in site is of direct Ather.

097780 ***** he is a staff of kochi ather

1 Like

@rsk007theman. Please avoid posting contact numbers here. Abhishek will share contact the official contact info for test rides/EC contacts when it’s finalised.

If you want to pass on info 1-1, please use the direct message feature.

1 Like

I am planning to get my ather 450 to my native from bangalore. my home town and bangalore is approx 400km apart. Do ather help in transport of the vehicle if there is an experience center operating at my hometown? ready to bear the cost of transport as well. only reason to ask so is because ather would be careful when in transit with the vehicle compared to other company transporting the vehicle.

1 Like

Ather doesn’t take care of the the transport. Everything will have to be managed by you and the responsibility will be yours/transport company ( whatever the case is).

1 Like

hi which is the best and safe way to transport vehical from bengalur to anantapur pls reply

Best way to transport is Train

1 Like

You could try Gati. They gave me a quote of ₹4800 for Bengaluru to Indore. I don’t know how safe that would be but since it’s a reputed company, you could go for it. Or the railways but it’s a long and tiring process. Or locally if you know someone, that is the also a good option.

1 Like