TPMS review - Prateek

Got it installed today from the service centre today. Yea it costs a bomb but i guess the integration and it being an Ather accessory makes it worth it. We can pay to Apple or other top notchel vehicle manufacturers then why not our very own Ather (sorry @tarun for claiming Ather to be ours🤪 in completely sober state).

Though the vehicle is still at the service centre and other issues are being addressed, but the TPMS has started working on the app. A small preview of the app for all. Dash vid I will upload once I get my S1 back.

8 Likes

What’s the cost?

1 Like

5000 + Labour. Yet to receive my vehicle and invoice. Will share another update with Dash video n cost update soon

2 Likes

In my case its never +. Do try it out and let us know.

1 Like

Thank you @abhishek.balaji for reminding me to update my review. There is a significant difference on the values as I stated earlier. Tried multiple bunks and the values on the compress and TPMS don’t match. Values on the TPMS are always on the lower side by atleast 4 psi. Even after a run, it increases by just 1-2 psi.

Not sure what calibration it needs but there are definitely no punctures. Got my tires checked. Will send it to the service centre soon.

4 Likes

Yep, you should always fill according to the TPMS, the calibration is usually off on the air compressors at petrol pumps. The TPMS is more accurate since it’s inside the tyres.

This is also normal, as the tyres heat up, air expands and it increases slightly. It’ll come down once you park the scooter for sometime in a cool area.

4 Likes

True ! @abhishek.balaji,pressure increases due to rise in temp . It’s always best or recommended to check or fill air in the morning as the temp is low .However filling nitrogen is the best as there is no effect of temperature, the pressure will remain almost the same. Also you do not need to fill nitrogen frequently like normal air . The TPMS gauge fixed inside the tyre is more accurate than at the bunks .for all my vehicles I fill in Nitrogen (car,Activa , bike & Ather )

1 Like

My tpms always says check battery and once I give it for service it will be okay for 1 or 2 days then I will get the message as check battery.

2 Likes

I suggest everyone gets the Amazon Basics Tyre Inflator. It is completely accurate and my TPMS also showed the same values as on the compressor.

Pic for everyone’s reference below:

2 Likes

How will everyone work with this? this is a 12v Compressor, not everyone can use it, without a 12v cigar. socket, adding more to the cost, but useful for those who have a car or 12v socket in 2 wheelers.

1 Like

I agree. For those who have a car this can be very useful

1 Like

True, most portable tyre compressors sold online work with 12v socket only.

Hardly few options and I went with Mi one.

4 Likes

Bro how does it cost to fill nitrogen as normal air is free of cost does they take any charges for nitrogen

Usually ₹10 for 2 wheelers as here in Hyderabad

I guess in Bengaluru they don’t charge specifically unless we pay them… I used to fill nitrogen for my Avenger tiers… long time back…

1 Like

I have also got installed tpms yesterday while getting delivery of Ather beast :fire: and i need to tell you that it is a bit costly but i can tell you it is a great product with great use no issues far and telling pressure exactly fine :v: I think in future some more features coming through tpms sensors like how are you riding and many more

1 Like