Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

That’s some risky thing to do.

2 Likes

Stopped at 200 odo. Anyway i needed a reason to stop riding and start charging.:nerd_face: I could attain near to max speed on locked eco mode for 5 times. 35 km/h is max on eco? And according to strava my max speed was 55 km/h. I have also accelerated 5 times to attain that speed. Definitely not a bad efficiency at all. But only if i continue close to this my range would improve.

The longer route was to pick up n drop pillion rider to the location where the GPS is on in the map. Later i played a bit.

Just before i connected the charger i switched off the vehicle. After 5 secs both front and tail lights blinked once along with dashboard on for 2 secs. Bug?

3 Likes

Nice! You rode for 9.6KMs consuming 12% battery :+1:

Haha yep definitely risky!

5 Likes

With top speed of 90…still I’m able to get a range of 82 in sports mode.

6 Likes

Wow with the average of 32 km/h good achievement.

2 Likes

Hi, I own a 450 plus. What maximum range does 450 plus provide? I guess it will vary from 450x. Can anyone share 450 plus stats?

2 Likes

In ather use importing batteries l think replacement battery cost is high… how much battery cost come can you tell me sir…

3 Likes

AFAIK, Ather makes their own batteries, and they are good for 6 years or so, on a moderate usage. Don’t think you have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.

And, you get 3 years warranty on the battery anyways. If your battery capacity goes less than 75% in 3 years, you get a free replacement. And they are expecting the battery costs to go down by 50% in 3 years. So shouldn’t be very expensive I hope.

1 Like

Bro, my brand new 450x Series 1 - gave me a range of 70 km only from 100-0… I don’t know if it’s just one day old or hot day or because two riders with bags…

3 Likes

Hey Malank, welcome!

Is it a first time like this or is has it been with this range since you have it? What does the efficiency numbers show?

1 Like

That sounds about right. Especially if you were riding with pillion and luggage. The range also matters on a lot of other factors. Most importantly your riding style. Did you ride in Eco mode only ?

3 Likes

Yup, I rode totally on eco mode from start to end… I guess you might be correct the range might have been less because I was riding with pillion and luggage… Will make observation while riding alone…

2 Likes

Hi, it’s been just few days since I bought this beauty, will observe for few more days… And let you know… !

For know this is what its showing…

1 Like

Efficiency numbers are on the higher side. After initial tests, try the suggestions discussed on this thread.

2 Likes

Seems about right if you’re on full throttle at most times even in eco mode.

1 Like

With pillion and luggage , that’s a pretty good number!

2 Likes

Today completed 93km total on single charge and reached home with 20% battery left on dashboard. I can confidently say that 115km can be cover easily on this beast.

Tips: I was riding between 25 to 45 speed with ECO, RIDE & WARP mode and specially leave the accelerator when u see from far the speed breaker. All flyovers no acceleration to decline and apply less brakes as it was early morning ride.:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Even then these figures are amazing. Either you’re really weight less or you were riding on absolutely flat roads.

1 Like

Mostly flat roads with many flyovers. My weight is 85+.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is this practically possible?

1 Like