Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Even then these figures are amazing. Either you’re really weight less or you were riding on absolutely flat roads.

1 Like

Mostly flat roads with many flyovers. My weight is 85+.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is this practically possible?

1 Like

Yes, if you maintain a speed of 20-25kmph. You can get 100+ km range comfortably. Even at 30kmph you can get 90-100Km range. Is it practical for you to be riding at 20-25kmph? That’s for you to decide.

2 Likes

Absolutely in our busy life every minute is precious in my case i would rather drive at 60kmph and charge whenever required. The issue is i dont have patience level to drive at 20 to 25kmph and after switching to ev one new stress i have found is more than driving i keep looking at dashboard to check range and speed.

Overall its been 1plus month and i have been using 450x for all my daily commute , what I understand is if round trip is around 30km then 450x does the job no matter what the weight if both rider and pillion and any road.

The most positive side for me is cost cut if i calculate fuel cost for 719km then

Ktm duke 390 - 25km mileage Fuel required - 719/25 = 28.76 litres Shell petrol cost = 28.76×94 = 2703

So in a month time i am able to save so much if i continue to use the ather 450x for atleast2 years then whatever money invested is returned for me.

2 Likes

Check out this thread Savings

1 Like

Excellent info…Thanks @saranyam.13891

Recently I purchased Ather 450 X series 1.

After going through this blog, today I gave a test on Sports mode.

Before the ride

Odo Meter: 1216 kms, Mode: Sport, Projected Range: 38 Kms, Battery: 64%

After the ride

Odo Meter: 1241 kms, Mode: Sport, Projected Range: 25 Kms, Battery: 41%

I actually travelled 25 kms (1241-1216 = 25) Difference in projected Range 13 Kms(38-25) Difference in Battery % is 23%

The cruising speed was 40-60 kmph.

The dashboard shown sports mode with 64% battery and projected range is 38kms. so 100% battery in sports mode shows 60kms

However, the real stats are much better than dashboard stats. Its actually double.

so to conclude, 100% battery definitely supports more than 100kms when cruising 40-60 kmph on Sports Mode :clap:

8 Likes

Sensible suggestions… Would love to test them on my series 1… So far I ve been getting the range around 80 kms for single charge…thanks for post :ok_hand:

1 Like

in the odo meter it shows 81.4wh/km. But on the riding stats the max wh/km is 47. Which one is wright? @abhishek.balaji kindly reply inorder to improve my riding efficiency…

1 Like

It’s a common misunderstanding, The rating you are seeing on the dashboard is the Trip B which will show the current Trip B analysis, which until you reset it will calculate accordingly.

While your app in the phone actually calculates according to when you started the ride and ended it, it calculated for one single ride

3 Likes

I reseted the trip meter B after charged… then took those rides…

1 Like

There is a difference in value between app ride stats and dashboard ride stats. Many feel app ride stats are more accurate than dashboard.

yes after you reset it the analysis is for the entire 23.3 KM according to your dashboard, while the app calculates the ride in, from when the key was turned on till when the key was turned off, so you will get most of the actual projected range according to your app. while in trip meter it will not calculate. In short app calculations are better than the trip readings

I thinks it’s the other way, like @abhishek.balaji said,

Efficiency is when we have better range!?:thinking:

Efficiency is Directly proportional to Range. Correct me.

Actually, both of the statements are same! When the efficiency is less, it gives more range. When max throttle is applied, more battery is used, hence, more efficiency and less range. Both are inversely proportional.

1 Like

How I understood is, when it’s not giving good range, it’s simply not efficient.

Btw, what happens when we release the throttle not accelerating nor regen while we are already at a certain speed? :thinking:

4 Likes

See, in literal sense, you may see efficiency as a measure of being efficient. In case of EVs, it is the Wh (Watt-Hour) consuned per Kilometer. Hence, lower the Wh consumed, better is the efficiency. Also, better efficiency leads to a better range.

When no brakes (also regen) are applied and the motor is still in motion, it simply consumes the battery! As simple as that!

1 Like

Are we sure that motor still consumes power when not accelerating. Don’t think so. If motor consumes power, then what if you only switch on motor and not moving the vehicle, still that consumes the power from battery. May be Yes, because it needs to maintain the vehicle status thus consuming low power for required things.

Actually No. The moment you take your hand off the throttle, power delivery to the motor is stopped.

2 Likes