Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

With top speed of 90…still I’m able to get a range of 82 in sports mode.

6 Likes

Wow with the average of 32 km/h good achievement.

2 Likes

Hi, I own a 450 plus. What maximum range does 450 plus provide? I guess it will vary from 450x. Can anyone share 450 plus stats?

2 Likes

In ather use importing batteries l think replacement battery cost is high… how much battery cost come can you tell me sir…

3 Likes

AFAIK, Ather makes their own batteries, and they are good for 6 years or so, on a moderate usage. Don’t think you have to worry about replacing them anytime soon.

And, you get 3 years warranty on the battery anyways. If your battery capacity goes less than 75% in 3 years, you get a free replacement. And they are expecting the battery costs to go down by 50% in 3 years. So shouldn’t be very expensive I hope.

1 Like

Bro, my brand new 450x Series 1 - gave me a range of 70 km only from 100-0… I don’t know if it’s just one day old or hot day or because two riders with bags…

3 Likes

Hey Malank, welcome!

Is it a first time like this or is has it been with this range since you have it? What does the efficiency numbers show?

1 Like

That sounds about right. Especially if you were riding with pillion and luggage. The range also matters on a lot of other factors. Most importantly your riding style. Did you ride in Eco mode only ?

3 Likes

Yup, I rode totally on eco mode from start to end… I guess you might be correct the range might have been less because I was riding with pillion and luggage… Will make observation while riding alone…

2 Likes

Hi, it’s been just few days since I bought this beauty, will observe for few more days… And let you know… !

For know this is what its showing…

1 Like

Efficiency numbers are on the higher side. After initial tests, try the suggestions discussed on this thread.

2 Likes

Seems about right if you’re on full throttle at most times even in eco mode.

1 Like

With pillion and luggage , that’s a pretty good number!

2 Likes

Today completed 93km total on single charge and reached home with 20% battery left on dashboard. I can confidently say that 115km can be cover easily on this beast.

Tips: I was riding between 25 to 45 speed with ECO, RIDE & WARP mode and specially leave the accelerator when u see from far the speed breaker. All flyovers no acceleration to decline and apply less brakes as it was early morning ride.:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Even then these figures are amazing. Either you’re really weight less or you were riding on absolutely flat roads.

1 Like

Mostly flat roads with many flyovers. My weight is 85+.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is this practically possible?

1 Like

Yes, if you maintain a speed of 20-25kmph. You can get 100+ km range comfortably. Even at 30kmph you can get 90-100Km range. Is it practical for you to be riding at 20-25kmph? That’s for you to decide.

2 Likes

Absolutely in our busy life every minute is precious in my case i would rather drive at 60kmph and charge whenever required. The issue is i dont have patience level to drive at 20 to 25kmph and after switching to ev one new stress i have found is more than driving i keep looking at dashboard to check range and speed.

Overall its been 1plus month and i have been using 450x for all my daily commute , what I understand is if round trip is around 30km then 450x does the job no matter what the weight if both rider and pillion and any road.

The most positive side for me is cost cut if i calculate fuel cost for 719km then

Ktm duke 390 - 25km mileage Fuel required - 719/25 = 28.76 litres Shell petrol cost = 28.76×94 = 2703

So in a month time i am able to save so much if i continue to use the ather 450x for atleast2 years then whatever money invested is returned for me.

2 Likes

Check out this thread Savings

1 Like