Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Should be same for all Ather models, except for the riding modes as they differ across different models. For example, Ather 450 does not have Warp mode and 450X does. So Warp should be good in 450X. Just check the riding mode difference between the models.

4 Likes

Can you tell on which mode i should ride on which conditions it will be really helpful and how to take out maximum efficiency from Ather 450x thanks in advance :grinning:

You can use Sports/Warp mode to get maximum range as per my experiments. If you are riding on a bad road, just be gentle on the throttle with any mode you are riding on. It does not matter which mode you use on different road conditions. Try to avoid potholes wherever you can as it is good for both you and your bike :smile:

2 Likes

And when should I use smart eco and ride mode as samrt eco i am using for my nearby places for 1-2 kms ride sonplase suggest when to use smart eco and ride

1 Like

Smart eco can be used to get less than 30Wh/km in every ride. It usually works for 5-10km or more distance. Ride can be used if you are riding with a pillion. Smart eco will struggle for ride with pillion.

2 Likes

Thanks brother so I think we should use sports for flyovers as throttle will be less and power will be more so wh will be low as there will be less load on motor

2 Likes

Just be gentle on the throttle, especially when you start from 0. While cruising I maintain 30-35 in Sports mode and I get 100+ range if I behave myself and not push it. I do use Warp in between as an when I feel I have managed to save some extra charge and doing more kms than the battery drained. I usually do alot of Regen braking (opposite throttle) when i wanna slow down and aggressively when i going doing a flyover. While climbing i let go off the throttle and use pinch of throttle if i slow down too much.

Thats my way of riding but depends on how you ride. And 25 is a decent number to start with. The more you ride the more you will learn the trick of the game.

5 Likes

True. Sports mode can be one for all uses. If you use throttle smoothly everytime in sport mode, you can get low efficiency and kess stress on motor as well. I usually use sports on highway cruising 40-50kmph speed, ride or smart eco for shorter rides.

Ya i will follow your ways also but i have noticed that sports is so nice to use and how much wh you usually get i always first put regen while braking and than brakes if needed but my 80 percent works get done with regen only :grinning: now iam thinking to use smart eco in 1-2kms ride Ride mode when I am driving alone without pillion sports mode on flyovers and with pillion and warp when I need some fun to ride is that correct way :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve got 24Wh/km using sport mode alone on 2 different occasions. I don’t usually travel more than 17km at a stretch, for which I use smart eco.

Here are the ride stats :

Used Smart Eco for half which was a 2 lane road and sports mode for half distance, which was a highway.

Do read my ride blogs for the same : Ride to Thrissur EC and Ather Kochi anniversary Ride

By the way, I’ve never used warp mode except when the scooter was new and testing modes.

5 Likes

What is top speed of smart eco

70kmph but depends on the blue bar on the right.

1 Like

Okay thanks buddy

1 Like

People never talked about riding style, tyre pressure, gradual acceleration etc; while riding petrol bikes.

Blame it on charging and infrastructure, mainly! Once we have the ease of charging within 5 minutes at every corner, no one is going to care about efficiency et al. Just like @narayanankks82 put it last day, everyone now has an eye on the road and then on the red halo / blue bar, while the brain is busy calculating efficiency every other kilometer crossed. No time for distractions. This applies to mileage squeezers and long-runners, though. City riders do not have to bother, and Ather was designed as a city bike.

4 Likes

Today I almost hit by a car when watching the Red Halo while riding. It is very distracting. I immediately switched off the real-time efficiency. I suggest everyone not to use it.

5 Likes

And not red halo first. Safety comes first. If you think it is best to disable realtime efficiency for a safer ride, go ahead by all means! Who doesn’t want to reach home unscathed!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: bro so you don’t have to see relatime efficiency in traffic or at high speeds and not to look always on dashboard than how you will drive the main thing is maintain throttle constant on any speed and accelerate smoothly :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

As regular user we uses to feel the speed by throttling. Dont look into Dashboard always plz🙏 instead randomly monitor it. Priority is to Road Safety which include Us too…

Constant Throttling will avoid Red Halo at majority time. By which efficiency will increase. Using Regen is good and added advantage to gain more range.

4 Likes

Hereby adding my last day ride from Alleppey to EC, Vyttila, Ernakulam in my fav mode​:zap:Warp​:zap::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Started ride at 0730hrs from home with 100% SoC.

31Kms covered with 25% SoC at 21.6Wh/km. 58Kms covered with 47% SoC at 20.9Wh/km. Reached EC, Vyttila, Ernakulam.

Basic thing to follow in getting good range is; Constant Throttling. Slowly increase Speed. Frequently use of Regen.

Note: Avoid monitoring Dashboard and mind Calculations while riding. Which is gud to Us and Others🙏

9 Likes