Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Yup you never know ! So better go for a Portable charger, handy and lesser anxiety

Cruise control is mostly required on constant highway driving. I don’t think majority of the people are doing that on a daily basis. Cruise control on city roads is risky and not worth it.

2 Likes

Does it take up the entire boot space?

1 Like

Both portable charger and Dot charger can fit in the boot. But space for other things will be lesser for dot.

2 Likes

What is the cable length end to end for the portable charger? As i need to check if i can charge it at my college

1 Like

Hi didnt test a 60kmph but tried a century ride in sports mode with some steep ghat section

1 Like

Epic stuff, seems promising, would like to see the 60-80 kmph sports/warp mode test soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah need to find an apt route for that :smiley:

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be a constant 60-80, like a normal route that invovles highways etc. So its more practical as you will be decelerating and braking in Between.

2 Likes

Yes it does work. My new 450x 3rd gen performs better in sports mode, intial few days of riding the new Ather i used to select smart eco mode but then it was getting red , it was annoying. and i was feeling weird seeing red then after reading this post. I switched to Sports mode. Don’t even want rider mode. At the same time i was also trying to find right route to go to be office … So switched to a out of the the city route and used the outside ring road to go to office, and roads are better although traffic is oviously there… but it’s better than jammed roads inside City and roads have so many potholes after the monsoon in Dehradun. If we see we have too much traffic in all cities what to do. cars are not drivable, difficult to park. Change _ so now when driving i accelerate and then leave the throttle saheb i know the traffic ahead of a turn so i used less brakes … and then let the regenerate breaking work so now i am going 13.8 kms in 10% sports mode. So that’s great. I am easily doing more than 80 kms in 80%% charge… Mind you bcoz all your driving is not same. If you drive on Highway i guess you can clock 140 in sports mode easily you just need to relearn to drive … forger Activa driving EV is different ball game at together. So we just need to relearn to drive.

It’s awesome to drive in sports mode i am never going to back to Eco mode. Thanks Ather!! Loving it

Thanks for the post !!

3 Likes

When you say relearn riding,what do you mean, what were the changes you did

2 Likes

Be light on throttle , gradually accelerate , try to sustain the sweet spot for long time (where the speed is adequate and no red halo) Try to coast whenever possible ie leave the throttle during descent and flat roads

2 Likes

I use only warp mode with 45 speed. 70kms daily run

4 Likes

When you say relearn riding,what do you mean, what were the changes you did

i am not an expert, i am just trying to learn. So would be good to hear from other experienced.

Ok

1. When riding i accelerate and leave the throttle
  2. Then ride in momentum and push the throttle and use the momentum
  3. When we know that traffic ahead leave the throttle and let go in momentum and you will need less brakes.
  4. Basically using less brakes is the key … breaking doesn’t help.

Using less brakes … i see that i can ride in 5% battery to 7 kms. In sports mode you can do this… In eco mode you will not get that momentum. Sports mode is go to mode in 450x.

I am not getting the advanced riding details in my app. So I don’t know how to track.

4 Likes

I am getting around 90-100 km range in driving in WARP mode only. I think almost all Gen3X buyers can daily drive in Warp mode only. No need to change the modes. You need to adhere to some tips though for you to get that range. Be gentle with the throttle & coast as much as possible. I generally ride between 40-60kmph and go over 60kmph for overtakes and whenever a traffic signal is about to come, I use regen (reverse throttle) to come down to 20kmph and then use the brakes to get the bike to a halt. Even in traffic, I stay around 25-35. I use regen a lot & you can feel the regen at 40-20. If you practice it daily( reversing the throttle is on the harder side) and watch for the traffic signal stops you don’t need to use brakes much when going from 40-20, regen works very good here. My ride stats are not visible on the app but my current ride is at 51.8km done(only WARP mode) & I am at 51%(True Range showing 35km). 29.8Wh/km. Avg speed 25kmph.

If a big 1km stretch is there my ideal speed would be to travel 50-60kmph for most of the ride and then coast for it to go down to 40kmph and then use regen to go down to 20kmph and use brakes to get to a halt. 0-----WARP—60-----Coast-----40------regen-----20-------brakes-----0 ( You can use regen from 60 also if you are near to traffic signal or a car slowed down…) but it’s not that powerful. So advise you to go for brakes also just incase. All in all you can easily go for 80+ with frequent brake use. No more range anxiety. All day WARP. All day wheeeeeee!!!

12 Likes

I am new Ather owner… how can i get these type of ride log?

2 Likes

It shows up in the app, since yours is new, may take a week or so to reflect.

In app homepage, scroll down and you can see all rides , press that and you see each ride stat.

3 Likes

I drive in all different modes with average speed of 55. And i get 75kms. These modes are only to confuse us.

1 Like

Is this feature not available for 450+ users? (The projected range and top speed)

2 Likes

Should be available for 450+ app as well