THE SERVICE SAGA - 2 years of Ather 450

450 is actually is a good product, my suggestion is to keep the scooter and pay the final amount, which I think will save you a subsidy

4 Likes

True, I too felt that 450 meets the basic requirements unless one is obsessive about warp mode, extra power and bluetooth. However its perception and preferences of the individuals.

1 Like

Bro, your horror story till 5000 kms has scared me now as my Ather 450x is about to be delivered next week. Please add some good 2-3 lines about 450x for me to feel somewhat comfortable.

6 Likes

The “Puncture Assist” feature. (with 10k service)

Have you ever gone in for puncture assist? My advice, don’t because it’s not what you think it is. So yesterday my scooter had a nail in it and in the early morning I has to drop my kid at school but with a rear tyre puncture it’s not going anywhere, Never the less I keep my 13-year-old activa at hand at all times, with quick 100 kicks it was ALIVE, and I went to drop my kid.

Came back and pushed the scooter to a nearby tyre repair shop and he put those UNRELIABLE string patches and I thought it was fixed so later that day I went to pick my kid and damm it was punctured again, those strings did not work only to find that those strings where no longer in the tyre itself. so here I go again, pushed to with slight acceleration to another shop and he did the same at the same puncture. and I went to the school went in grabbed the kid and came out “for god sake” the rear tyre was again punctured.

Had no choice but to call in the Road Side Assist(RSA). and give them my location to pick up the scooter so I can get back home, This was the first time I called them so they had to register everything. They seem like a tie-up with Ather and not run by Ather itself. I thought they would patch me up pay them and I’ll be on my way, but after calling them they said only Ather can fix it up and not them. So I went in with them thinking they will fix it up and I’ll be on my way. But nope, they don’t have the tyre repairing equipment and said to me I’ll have to drop/leave the scooter there and they will call later.

So later that day technician called and asked what was the problem, I explained it to them and he said just puncture, and I said yes, he said your 10k service is due should I do that too, and I explicitly told him no, the for service I’ll send it on Monday as I got work Thursday and I need my scooter back and do a mushroom plug patch (these ones are extremely reliable), so later he called again scooter can be put on deck only tomorrow. and I need to wait, man if I didn’t have my spare ICE scooter I would have been doomed. my kid’s exams are due and this is a letdown.

The next day the tyre is removed and I get a call saying he has removed the tyre and I need to pay the shop for the Mushroom puncture patch 300, so I paid him and was expecting a call back in the later afternoon for the scooter delivery. No one called. so I called the number and he didn’t pick up.

Later in the evening, I get a call that the 10k service is done and the scooter is ready for delivery, I was shocked wait what??? how did you do the 10k service when I haven’t even told you what the complaints were? And it turns out they have read my posts and all the complaints I’ve written here were sorted out. and I was happy, so Mondays work can be done.

Here is the comfortable news for you, Now the scooter has completed the 10k service in which 8306 Rs worth of parts are replaced free of cost with a service plan and warranty, I just paid them 300 for puncture only. They replaced front fork balls, all the rusted screws, rear mono-shock, Secondary belt. and all the 10k service.

Now the scooter feels like brand new, no wobbling no shaking, it turns like an absolute race scooter.

Some points for Ather though

Please change the puncture assist from your service provider to yourself, and keep some 10 front and back spare wheel rims for these assists. Once if anyone calls for puncture assist, ask them which spare they need and replace the spare on the spot, ask them to ride as usual. Now repair the tyre, get paid and return it back to the customer. This is the most efficient way of doing this job. saves time a lot.

14 Likes

Yeah thanks bro, soon I would get my hands on scooter, wheeee times ahead !!! I have already started with a plan to lay cable from my meter to socket where bike gonna be parked. Hope 1.5 sq mm, 3 core wire is sufficient for an Input current of 3.5 Amps as per their input specification.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Service by Ather

I got my rear shock replaced and it seems to have corrected the issue, it could be your issue also, my scooter feels extra grippy to the road now.

2 Likes

Your scooter at least lasted close to 10k before springing these issues. Mine has barely done 2.5k. I don’t trust the company enough at this point to leave my scooter with them. When I find some time, I’ll try to understand how it’s put together and fix / improve upon it.

3 Likes

You know when I want to upload more posts but Ather is putting a dead end.

My scooter is dead, well not actually dead, but it has a handlebar locking issue which was sent in for repairs 4 times and looked 2 times at Mchillen ASC for a tyre and thread the issue. Both of them is blaming each other.

So I have opened up the scooter to find well GROVES in the cone set that’s why it was stuck at some time and gets released.

Well, that’s not the issue, The Nungambakkam ASC and Guidy ASC both will not sell parts to Customers, It’s like a Prison(apple) where once you buy their product and now you won’t even be able to repair your own thing. A simple Cone set of ~500 Rs is all you need, but hey who knows now it just might be a E-waste.

Any owner if you guys ever replaced a cone set do dm me.

6 Likes

New topics coming in as scooter got fixed by the Nungambakkam ASC, Thanks for the team.

3 Likes

Just got to know my Ather is having cone set issue. They are charging 2.5k approximately. Yikes !!! @abhishek.balaji. Is the parts really that costly in the market or you guys making money out of it. Please help, as I don’t have any other place to go.

Other bikes cone set price is very low compared to Ather.

1 Like

the cone bearings itself cost around 1500, rest is the labour. you can ask them to decrease it if they are willing to.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the post, I am also facing the same issue Front Handling. My Ather is just more than a month old and I have taken it to both Nungambakkam and Mogapper ASC, the issue still persists. Could you please let me know how to proceed to resolve this issue.

Most likely if your scooter is new then it can’t be a cone set bearing issue. Ask them loosen up the cone set slightly. This might resolve the issue. Else you might have to replace the bearing sets.

1 Like

Hi Ather 450x gen 2 cone set is of 2 different manufacturer matching, one bottom match with Suzuki and the Top matches with Vespa, I have recently changed myself and cost around 1500 Rs as I need to buy both manufacturers cone set and use only one side of them, reason i changed was after 34000 km odo in 3 years my handlebar started having shaking and warranty expired and there is no service slots available to quick fix

1 Like

Which model in Suzuki? and Vespa Classic?

1 Like

I will upload all details via a video so it’s easily understandable

1 Like

How to replace Ather cone set

4 Likes

Again. I saw the whole video. You haven’t mentioned the parts from which it was taken.

For top. Which one is it Vespa Classic or some other model? And bottom one which is it? Suzuki Access? Burgman? Motorcycle like Gixxer?

If you could give us just the part number printed on the both the package that will be helpful.

3 Likes

This is for Vispa And Suzuki access new model for bottom