Tata Nexon EV

More than been cheaper, the following IMO is must for me to buy an electric car here in India:

• Real world range of 400-450 kms
  • FC of 150kW or more
  • FCs along the highways (Bombay - Pune - Hyderabad - Bangalore - Bombay should be easy)
  • Smart charging
  • Smart navigation. Must estimate SoC on arrival & suggest FC charging stops
  • should not have tini tiny dashboard

Mind you, All the above aren’t “luxury”. These are must for an electric car.

Do we have such a car today? A big NO. So basically, am waiting for Tesla to be here & at around 30 lakhs.

I don’t want a good electric car to be cheaper; It should be a rather good & a tech that represents 2021. :blush::blush:

3 Likes

If you aren’t traveling long distances & long leisure drives, go for Nexon EV. Its a stupid dumb tech but for shorter drives it works.

So you can have 1 ICE for longer drives & 1 EV for shorter daily city drives.

For me, I often come too close to buy Nexon EV but the tech just irritates me. So I hold back and wait for that 1 car which will serve all my requirements. :confused::wink:

4 Likes

I have always hoped Ather would incorporate this into the dashboard, like in Tesla. At least when we enter the destination and turn on navigation, since the scooter now knows where I am heading and if I have enough charge to reach the destination, I have wondered if it would be possible for Ather to automatically suggest a quick detour for charging (or at least maybe have a glowing charger icon on the maps indicating the chargers available on the route, subtly nudging the rider to consider charging).

Nonetheless, no point asking for this “advanced” feature right now, since there are enough things on the team’s plate already, what with all the critical bugs to be addressed… Maybe some day down the line :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Another disappointing car from Tata. Tigor Ev sucks… they seem to be going backwards. 26kWh battery with 180 kms real world range is sooo dumb in 2021. We need Teslas soo bad… or even other EVs like Ioniq, ENiro, etc

1 Like

Premium cars from Tata don’t work in the mindset of Indians, Tata has learnt that from Aria, and Old Safari, people don’t care for homegrown, That’s why they keep the prices low and specs under it

4 Likes

Absolutely agree to that. Similar with Maruti. No one is willing to pay more for the supposedly “luxury “ cars from these OEMs. I think I will have to stop getting annoyed by these launches from Tata. Its an utter waste my time. I from here, will move on. Haha

Any Nexon EV owners here?

“Kaun apni bejatti karvayega bhai…” who will want to say yes and get roasted…? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why would you say that…? The Nexon EV is a perfectly decent car. Have been seriously considering booking it for next year. Am much more encouraged to consider it thanks to Tata power expanding their fast chargers rapidly - they have hit 1k around India now.

4 Likes

I have booked the Nexon EV as well as the Ather 450X.

Even I am looking to buying it. Not me, my father :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Totally agree…! Its the best EV we have today. Its dumb but it works for many. :blush: but hopefully the government opens up the market more as there are manyyy more better options (Chinese made & mind you they are much better in making cars, most of them) out there.

2 Likes

Not sure if this should be on the funny side thread but this is also apt. Finding chargers on Tata Nexon EV website shows Ather Grid ones.:joy: If that’s some strategic move then kudos to both the team otherwise I find it funny. I checked for Indore and it shows all 5 Grids in Indore listed on the site. Edit: Just saw the open source thing.

All Ather grids can charge other EV vehicles as long as they have an Indian 3 pin socket. The black cover you see in the lower part of the grid has a 16/6a pin socket behind it. And there is a scan code that enables the socket to charge other EVs.

7 Likes

Any views/thoughts on Nexon EV Max that is going to be launched on May 11 2022 ?

1 Like

Alright, this was much awaited. 400 kms with ~40kWh battery pack would mean real world efficiency of 100Wh/km which in my opinion is too ambitious. (i was expecting ateast 45 kWh battery pack) Considering the following we can expect the following real world range which makes me excited for sure. We don’t have details on new fast charging speeds, so will wait or may be that will remain the same.

• <60km/hr: 40kWh/ 100Wh/km = 400 kms
  • 60km/hr: 40kWh/ 120Wh/km = 330kms
  • 60-70km/hr: 40kWh/ 135 Wh/km = 290kms
  • 80km/hr : 40kWh/ 140Wh/km = 280kms

Additionally, selecting regen mode and cruise control will help with efficiency for sure…!

Priced between 17-20 lakhs, will be so tempting…!:heart::fire:

I am really proud to see how Tata has approached EVs… muahh. Next, will be to see a grounds up sedan…! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

My main concern is service. ASC are not at all capable to handle issues which is too concerning. If anything comes up min a week it sits in service center. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Is this for Tata Nexon EV? Are there many issues?

1 Like

Not many but if there are any then all the service Center’s are not equipped to handle it hence they sit in their compound min for a week.

2 Likes

Now surely tempted to book one :wink:

3 Likes