Sound after Washing or after Rain

Dear all I hear different sound in my vehicle every time when the vehicle was in the rain or after washing my vehicle… And the sound get disappeared if the leave the vehicle idle for around 5 to 6 hours Why such a sound… does it cause damage to my vehicle Can i drive my vehicle after Raining or washing… Your suggestions Required

May be due the dust or sand particles in belt dip.

3 Likes

Nope, it doesn’t cause any damage to your ather. You can ride your scooter as peacefully as you ride on other days

2 Likes

@nilampatbijeesh but i have washed the belt also… But if i leave the vehicle idle for 5 hours there is no such sounds

@chethanchandrashekar but why that Weird sound bro… That to very heavy

3 Likes

Its a design flaw. Lots if users face this weird issue after riding in rain or after a wash. And tbh it’s annoying too. But what can we do? Hopefully they fix this for future products.

5 Likes

It occurs due to dirt being stuck on the the belt. When the belt moves when you ride, there is that sound. Cleaning helps remove the dirt and after waiting for a few hours, the remains also fall off thus no sound is there after.

3 Likes

This is normal. It won’t damage anything. You can continue to ride normally.

I feel as though someone has strangled its throat. The first time when i heard this, I was also wondering if the vehicle sound is actually from a speaker and the water changed the sound.

TBH, I don’t understand how people attribute this sound to dirt or grime because it’s “washed”!! I can’t buy this reason.

After a wash, I ride a bit faster and the vehicle ‘dries’ up faster and the sound comes back to normal.

3 Likes

Because that “reason” is a load of bull. Water entering the gap between the belt and sprocket causes a lot of parasitic drag because it has to be “pumped” out. The sound you hear is that of the pumping process and the motor straining under the additional load.

Funny how people keep mindlessly repeating that “dirt” line without wondering how dirt can magically float a foot in the air and stick to the drivetrain when the scooter is simply parked in the rain, and how the same dirt magically evaporates when the assembly dries up.

7 Likes

SCRAPY SOUND NEAR BELT I CLEARLY CLEANED BELT AGAIN SOUND IS COMMING I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IF ANYONE KNOW PLS REPLY

2 Likes

@VISHWA just do a water wash bro… This issue will get Cleared

1 Like

I did but didn’t cleared

2 Likes

@VISHWA try to lubricate the pulley with silicon spray or wd 40. I use WD 40 weekly to avoid the sound

1 Like

Doesn’t WD40 react badly with what the belt is made of? (some rubber composite)

1 Like

Did you manage to remove that noise ?

The belt is rubbing with something you should call the CC so they can check properly, mud or water sound will go off with speed and comeback with lower speed, your vehicle sound is consistent

Can you use this decathlon’s bicycle chain cleaner? It is good enough to clear dust from the belt I believe.

2 Likes

One of the youtube suggested me to apply little amount of grease to remove that sound he applied to his Ather is it safe to apply grease :thinking:??

Silicon spray means? I know wd40 can we use wd40 to belt because it is made up of rubber right

Sound is coming because of the belt becomes wet due to the rain or washing, after the belt dries up the sound won’t come. Don’t worry, it won’t effects the vehicle.

No, Don’t apply

1 Like

Try using soapy water if the sound comes down you are good, if it reduces and comes back again, then you might have a belt rubbing to some components. IMO never apply grease or oil/petroleum products to rubber based belt they will cause slip or degrade faster then they are intended to be.

2 Likes

Real Life Range test after 8 months | Ather 450x | at 40kmph speed - YouTube see in this video he applied grease to Ather and saying to reduce sound and friction i dont know what to say ???

1 Like