Setting up Your Home Charging Point

All apartment buildings are constructed using concrete!!!
There is no provision required from the builders side. Ather technicians will install wiring from your own meter to your own parking slot. they use conduits and the installation doesn’t damage the building in any way. search for pictures

2 Likes

AFAIK charging pod is bundled with your scooter. And travelling charger is additional accessory. Even I asked same question but this is wat thy replied. And Home charging pod is vehicle specific… It’ll be binded to Ur vehicle and no one can charge with ur pod.

1 Like

If the apartment is still under construction, you could ask him to provide wiring till your designated parking spot. Don’t fix a socket or anything now, just put in wiring incase owners would like to utilise that later.

4 Likes

Also ask the builder to not skimp and wire the earthing connection as well. Without the earth line, your point is an oversized paper weight.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,
I got my home charging point installed today evening. Thanks to Shivu and Kiran, they did a very good job and installed the point as per my needs. Thanks to @Ather.Team for fulfilling my request by rescheduling my slot to this week which was previously scheduled mid next week. Awaiting delivery of my vehicle!

5 Likes

Day 3 - Earthing Point Final completion.

Note : Positive Comments.

In June Month, Ather team was busy by opening payment window for more order id’s, 3 consecutive mass delivery and 2nd Owners Meet and Finally the Chennai launch event pre - works. I was not able to get appointment to finish / close out earthing point installation work done at home through multiple emails and phone calls. I have gave break to them. As Ather said, Charging point was up at home before my vehicle get delivered on 10th June 2019 but finishing work was pending.

*** 2nd appointment day - Earthing work and electrical wire left photo’s :slight_smile:**

• Earthing Point :

Electrically Wire directly mounted to the wall without fibre protect [Un-Safe]

Meanwhile, I personally arranged someone who can help me to close earth digged point [3 points | 2 - Failed and 1 - Passed ] closed by aligning earthing wire with cement. Hurry up was due to the reason earthing chemical used to washed way by rain.

• Earthing wire alignment

• 3 Earthing digged points closed with cements.

After these, Happily enjoying the ride of delivered Ather 450 on roads :grin::grin::grin:

When i visited, Ather office to attend 2nd Owners Meet on 23rd June 2019, I have informed about the installation pending work to Pradeep [Customer relationship head ] as soon he delegate my work to person [ Lady <Forgot name, Sorry>, By nature who listened my problem ] and confirmed she will take it forwards by making point in her work note [Dairy].

I cannot believe, by next day 24th June 2019 at 11AM i got call from Ather, confirmed they will be reaching my home by 13:00 to finish remaining work [electrical wire inline with fibre protect] and completed work by 13:30 by Ather charging point installation team person - [Mr - Lokesh] @lokesh.mydream Thanks again.

Finally, i got payment link to pay for additional efforts made to setup earthing point installation done at home of Rs - 3540 inclusive of GST

I saw a post one of forum user who quotes plan to disable earthing point check in charging pod with custom firmware update. i recommend not to make such update always ensure safety and argue to go with earthing fix or installation.

Thank You Ather team and Everyone.

5 Likes

Hi, just pre-ordered one today. I have a question regarding the point installation. Can it be installed indoor rather than outside the house as the wire can be sent through the windows while charging?

The point will blink green while charging! You don’t want your entire house lighting up.like that at night!

6 Likes

Also, the wire may not be long enough to reach the vehicle comfortably.

1 Like

If your’re planning to use that as a night light. Id advise not cheaping out and installing outside, also please buy a disco bulb… so you know the fun element stays in your night life

A post was split to a new topic: Other grievances

Are u now using travel charger/portable charger instead of ather grid ?

So if I were to pick the portable charger. And go for the Ather One subscription will I be effectively getting both the home charger and th portable charger for 2,800 rupees ?

Home Pod is bundled with Vehicle price. And portable charger is sold as seperate accessory. Ather one is just after sales service.

1 Like

Isn’t the home charger complimentary for a while ?

It says limited offer
And here

It says home charging is included. So that’s just the reimbursement or when home charging is not complimentary anymore would it include setting up the charger too?

My understanding is that you get reimbursed for any charging done via AC input. Which is why you will not get any reimbursement for charging at public points since they are DC chargers.

IF you have the Ather One subscription.

1 Like

Alright so when the home charger is no longer included. New owners have to buy the home charger separately. Got it

Raghav, that’s what I thought as well. But when Ather team came to visit my office to check the feasibility for charging point (home charging pod, not the public fast charging pod), they told that electricity charge will be borne by employer or employee.

So I think Ather might reimburse only the Charging done thru the pod linked to the home.

I m not sure if that’s correct or not.

@Ather.Team @nishant.dk can clarify.

I mentioned that because it came up in a conversation I had with one of the team members during the Chennai event.

1 Like

Home charging pod is part of the bundle always. Only portable charger is an optional accessory.

But if want you can opt for portable charger instead of home pod… But I don’t remember anyone choosing that option.