Sale and transfer experience of used 450

Hi creating this to know the after experience of

1. Experience of owners or buyers of used 450.

2. Discussions related to sale.

3. Transfer of vehicle to buyers name.

4. Transfer of vehicle and order to new user credentials.

Not market place. That is a separate topic.

Please share your experiences so that it can help others too.

3 Likes

Don’t you sleep? :grin:

Good to see that you finished everything within a day. Actually many callers on OLX are agents posing as buyers themselves and those are the ones who really ask for ultra low prices. We should be aware of this on OLX.

Regarding the form29 & 30 and the trafer process, make sure you follow up till it is transferred in their name. Any incident before transfer…you can still be held responsible.

Also do tell the buyer to transfer the insurance in his name ASAP.

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

Yes following up with that. Thank you fir letting me know about insurance thing I actually forgot regarding this.

Yes hard to identify. This guy gave his house address to meet and also I checked his olx profile to see if is genuine or not.

2 Likes

+1 for name transfer - when I sold my scooter, though the buyer got all the forms signed from me, still name transfer not done. Because, he was old neighbour, could not force him and I could only remind him… But, like @hemanth.anand said, it is important to follow up and close it.

In fact, I feel ask them to pay for 2k extra and refund it after completion of name transfer.

For Insurance transfer: Few years back, when I got a used scooter (still 10 months insurance left at the time of purchase) so thought to transfer insurance instead of buying fresh.

It was ICCI and though transfer was done in 15 minutes, it required physical visit to their office which was 15 kms from my home.

I am not sure how GoDigit and other providers work on transfer. Given that most of us got 1+5, it is worth to transfer as it would save you easily 4-5k.

However, if the existing policy is 1+1 and only few months left in policy, the new buyer could even forget the transfer and buy a fresh policy…

2 Likes

For the benefit of others, this question goes to you .

• what documents are needed for transfer of insurance?
1 Like

Spoke to go-digit insurance for transfer requirements. This is what they said.

1. Complete the vehicle transfer in RTO.

2. Send an email to go-digit attaching the new RC and new owner ID proof, stating that the vehicle is transferred on new name and request to change the policy to the new name.

It might a couple of days to get transferred.

3 Likes

It was few years back. But fairly this is what I remember.

1. Insurance copy
  2. Old owner Id proof
  3. A letter from owner addressing icici
  4. Some acknowledgement slip for RC transfer
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X timelines for your city!

Regarding ensuring name transfer, I handed over the keys only after getting the buyer to show the acknowkedgement slip (that RTO gives) for having filed the necessary forms. A bit of safety protection.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather customer care reviews