Range of the Ather 450

yes, did try to use inertia for some time. But, when someone tries to overtake and honk at me, I just zoom for some time to show that this scooter can also go fast :joy: and again try to adjust my riding. I think, I first need to unlearn and let people overtake :sweat_smile: and not care

3 Likes

I reserve my aggressive accelerations for just this. People look at it and go “current current gaadi” and to remove the bad notion of EVs that they have I do overtake them. It won’t really affect your riding so much. Also check your tire pressure regularly. And coast to a stop at a signal. (after Regening down to 20kmph if you wish to)
When j ride pillion on ICE scooters I realise how much my riding has changed.

2 Likes

Haha, yaa the current gaadi thing.
Yes, keeping the tyre pressure in check. Going to a station hasn’t been reduced. I am going to a gas station more often than before. In a week pressure reduces at least 8psi rear and 5psi front. Also tried to raise a request, but they turned it down saying it might be a puncture which I am sure isn’t the case. Will also get it checked once.
Thanks for the tips Suraj. Will surely update my observations

2 Likes

Since we’re all discussing range, here are some of our owners from Chennai sharing their experiences:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mileage Archives

I am just getting 58-60km in sport mode
And 60-65 in ride mode
And 65-70 in eco mode

In the city with stop and go traffic. That’s all you can get. Cruising will definitely get you 70/80+ range easily.

I haven’t tried long continuous ride to find out milage. Based on the dashboard nos. on sport mode i consume 20% for 13.6kms during morning office traffic and same in the evening. To sum up, it’s daily avg 40% consumption for 27kms. Next day without charging, i am not sure to complete the above cycle though.

Started a day with 95% SoC. Reached office which is 13.6km consuming 20%. Evening while returning home, the SoC was 74%. After reaching home (ride distance almost same) SoC shown was 57%.

Didn’t put the vehicle for charging. Next day morning, it SoC was 54%.
After riding less than 2kms, SoC was dropped to 50%.
Reached office covering the distance of 13.6km. SoC was 31%.: consumptionmore than 20%.
Evening while returning, SoC was 26%.
Reached home covering 13.6km. SoC was 12%.: Consumption more than 20% even with careful driving.

2 Likes

We need to work really hard on our battery technology.
me working on developing better batteries
Lithium tech should be improved or replaced.

2 Likes

thats the exact reason Ather tells us to charge daily … battery has its own idle drain, we can not assume it will behave consistently for entire 0-100% SOC
anyway you have learnt a lesson now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done more than 7.5k kms. Earlier, i could manage this travel cycle charging every three days once. Now it seems this has dropped drastically. At the end of the first day, i used to see SoC 10% more than the recent one. Similarly, at the end of second day.

Is it the average distance traveled on daily basis?

Daily I am traveling 5 to 10km only. In this case I have to charge my Ather every day… it is mandatory to increase the battery life??? Please clarify

1 Like

As per my knowledge on Li cells, they don’t like too much charging or discharge. What they like is the zone between 80% and 30%. If they get to live at 45% constantly, they just love it.

I just found the below read

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

if you want your battery to be healthy and warranty intact … then charge daily :slight_smile:
it doesn’t harm in any way to charge daily and keep SOC high.

2 Likes

:+1:

Dear @Ather.Team

As a existing Ather 450 Owners few are disappointed and cancelling 450X pre-ordered id’s. While reading discussion on 450X on forum launch no one supporting the subscription plan included in 450x

In that, 2 days before, i saw existing 450 discontinuation plan announcement on un-official website.

If you’re willing officially then decision will under certain risk of ather
It is right time to revisit subscription plan of 450x by getting feedback from customers to reallign the brand rather than thinking discontinuation of 450.

Just remembering Nokia did not opt the choice of moving to Android from customers and lost everything and finally returned and running on Andriod.

2 Likes

Exactly well said Mr.Santhosh :):+1:t2: