Pricing and Changes

2 questions:
What was the 2nd bit of increase for?
Is it applicable for new bookings only or the bookings that are still pending too?

What about the FAME II subsidy?

The 2nd increase was due to the increase in the compulsory Personal Accident cover to 15lacs. The first one was because the mandatory insurance timeline went up to 5 years. This should apply to all private vehicles - there is an increase in both car prices and two-wheeler prices as a result of the IRDAI regulation that came in on 01-September.

3 Likes

What is the GST rate on leasing the electric vehicle? I guess it is 12%. Whether the lease rates published includes GST or it is extra?

I don’t have any experienced knowledge in leasing the vehicle. However, down-payment of refundable ₹75k( which is equivalent of on road price of ntorq) and using 450 for 3 years looks good for me. At the end of 36th month, my avg spending for the scooter will be ₹105k.

What deductions could be there after 36 month leasing?

1. Battery discharge more than Ather calculation.
    2)worn out bearing/suspensions.
    3)Scratched digi screen
  2. worn out rubber materials including tyres
  3. reduced luminosity of lights and scratches on their covers
  4. scratches on plastic body covers.
    7)worn out foot steps, foot rest area, seat, handle grips, mirrors
  5. lastly reduced motor performance.

Hi all,

There was a discussion about the lease plan on another thread. We wanted to share the following note from Autovert - our leasing partner.

What made us offer these new lease rental plans?

1. To offer customers convenient options that work well over a short tenure - 12-18 months, medium tenure - 18 to 36 months, and a long tenure - beyond 36 months, whereas the earlier lease plan was geared well for a medium tenure.
  2. To give customers the option of retaining the scooter at the end of the tenure, something which was absent in the earlier lease plan. Below are a couple of scenarios based on both the options available (at time of exit from the plan) of cashback (non-ownership) and retainer (ownership) to illustrate benefits of the current lease rental in comparison to the earlier lease rental arrangement.

Scenario 1: Customer decides to make a downpayment of Rs.40000/- and exit the lease plan at end of 14 months

Scenario 2: Customer decides to make a downpayment of Rs.50000/- and exit the lease plan at end of 25 months

In case you have any questions about the lease plan, please post them here. We will check with our partner and get back to resolve your queries.

Just want to know honest reply

1. people who are waiting after booking will get delivery on time as per new schedule

Or

1. people who opt for leasing will get vehicle with out waiting period ???

What are ather priorities on this matter.
Kindly reply

Tia

3 Likes

Hi,

Could someone on the forum help with some kind of analysis if it is better to go for a loan or for a lease - Instinctively the lease option looks very lucrative with flexibility…

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @edinankith,

As far as I can understand its safe to assume that you will save some money when you buy back the scooter after its lease period.

Ex: keeping 36 months as the usage period, I would incur:
A. Down payment: Rs. 40,000
B. Lease Amount paid (4220*36): Rs. 151,920

C. Total (A+B) = Rs. 191,920

D. Amount as Cash Back Rs. 40,000
E. Amount paid to buy back: Rs. 15,000
F. Net Cash back (C-D) Rs. 25,000

NET COST OF THE VEHICLE: (C-F) Rs. 166,920

Where as if opted for finance (36 months)

A. Down payment: Rs. 30,000
B. EMI Amount paid (3512*36): Rs. 126,432
C. 3 yrs Ather One: Rs. 30,000
D. Processing plus others: Rs 2,300
E. Total: Rs 188,732

I could be wrong but let me know if the above makes sense…

regards,
Sunil

3 Likes

I would like to know for a senario where I had leased for 24 months and returned the vechile with in 12 months. (Pre-closer of the contract)

1 Like

Plus adding to this, Even if battery’s performance gets deteriorated by the end of 3rd year we don’t have to worry. Just return the vehicle.

Point D amounting to 40000 is only if you decide to return the vehicle
Point E amounting to 15000 is only if you decide to retain the vehicle
If you decide to retain, you’ll not get 40000 and you’ll have to pay 15000
So if you retain the vehicle, Point F will become +55000 and not -25000
So net cost of vehicle if you decide to retain it will be 206920 (not 166920)

If you go for Loan, it’ll be 188732.
So Loan is better if we want to retain the vehicle
If we decide to return the vehicle, lease is better

1 Like

Please let us know, any deductions during lease termination/foreclosure/etc

Thanks.

Whether, GST is extra on leasing or the quote mentioned is inclusive of GST?!

Hey Guys
My number is up here… and my delivery is in the coming week so wanted to revise over everything!
I wanna choose the loan plan for 4 yrs but seeing the lease plan I pondered over it too…
now my actual confusion is the Ather 450 worth the 1.5lac budget??
130k+19k is only for the scooter!
Now I have added the Ather subscription which will 9k(Opting for Ather Connect Plan for let’s say 4 years itself)
So that’s a total of 1.58-1.59lacs!

After 4 years of use… the battery deterioration will come in and I would have to opt for a battery change in the 5-6th year so that will be around 35k minimum!

All this doesn’t even include the service charges/parts replacement!
So, in the long run, this scooter will be costing around 2lacs !

2 Likes

Please share your experience and thoughts about your pre-owned vehicles!
This is my first vehicle…and the first vehicle in my family too!
I am a student who is buying for city commute nothing more!
And wanted to request Ather if they are looking into buy-back option after 3 years for a newer model or trade old scooter for new type of plans! Because this is a first gen product!

3 Likes

Go for lease option straight for 3 years with ₹75k down-payment.
After 36 month u will have an opportunity to go for new one. Of course you won’t be owning a scooter.

1 Like

Why is Ather one no more included in the first year. I see only Ather Service being included for the first year. Why this change?

2 Likes

That scheme only for early bird adaptors… they were saying atherone and free charging pod at home going to be removed after few months. thats what they said when I preordered…

1 Like