Ownership Journey Towards your Ather

It will appear like this May be by Monday chrome

1 Like

Hello Ather Owners,

It has been a month for customers owing 10 ather 450.
Could you please share your experience with us to regarding hands on experience with us in the forum.
-Everyday charging / electricity bill usage.
-Riding and usage experience.

Thank You

@capshankar
@shruthiramesh5
Are the owners on the forum
I think they are having fun with Ather

Same with me!

@Shreyas I haven’t seen an update on the reason for the delay as promised by you last week.

Is there a delay in sending out the communication about the delay in delivery? (pun not intended) … what’s wrong with you guys ?

2 Likes

We pre-ordered Ather 450 on 5, June, 2018 (order ID 1038) and ever since the Order status hasn’t changed a bit with not even a call from Ather to assess the charging station wiring. All my calls to Ather customer care have only received a standard response of we are working on it and will revert back (which never happens). Given the technical prowess of the product and the team it’s disappointing on the lack of communication wrt to the delivery process.

I have also booked the vehicle on 05th June and my order ID 1606. The assessment for charging equipment was complete back in July and since then there is no updates at all.

@Shreyas - We understand that there are production challenges and we are not here to blame anyone for it as most of us understand that there may be teething issues in a new launch but as a bare minimum expectation of the buyer is to be provided with a periodic update on the order status even if the case is there is going to be further delay.

Appreciate any response to this…

1. 4+ months wait for a bike without any update on the delivery date or week
  2. No status updates on the delay in deliveries
  3. Assessment on the charging point and the multiple months delay in installing it
  4. Only 10 vehicles delivered since launch
  5. No updates on the annual package changes planned since launch
  6. Robotic customer care call responses

@Shreyas Why should the customer take you seriously ? Would you take ather seriously if you were treated like you treat us ? What’s the point of the experience center when that experience cannot be fulfilled ?

Business runs on trust and it seems you are doing everything possible to not gain it anymore.

I am absolutely disappointed in you and I am not sure if you folks mean business here.

Our love for the product should not be looked as our patience for your mess.

Put your act together guys

@tarun @swapniljain

4 Likes

Promises are meant to be broken!
And the wait continues…

2 Likes

Hi Anil

while i agree to all those points

I would request you to please…continue you love and support for the product and company which produced it.

You should also note this is the only company which have come this far to at least showcase their work which is promising just not on paper but is matching specs in reality which we never find in other traditional established companies.

please contain this and am sure Ather will get back in this week (at least they are responding and they cared about people who pre-ordered to have discussions and share info - if this was any other we wouldn’t have clue, but we need to wait for the reply which we know we get it).

cheers

5 Likes

don’t take it it so hard
i know this is close to our hearts but still i believe it is worth waiting…

please chill…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey Guys,

I had committed an update last week and have missed doing that. No excuses for it.

Still working on compiling and sending it across.

We’d want to give out an consolidated update with all the information in one go rather than scattered information in bits and pieces.

8 Likes

Speaking for myself, I would never verbally abuse a company that is trying to do so much to push the sustainable transportation in India (at least in 2 wheeler category). There are so many rich guys and companies with huge net-worth(s) in India and no one really came forward to do this till now (2016) which is really shameful. I have lost the trust and faith in such people and enterprises, but DEFINITELY NOT with Ather in India or Tesla in the USA. In fact, Elon has renewed my faith in the humanity, with him FIGHTING AGAINST ALL ODDS to keep the company running so that his vision of sustainable transportation will be a reality one day.

If I am really troubled by Ather’s delay in deliveries, I would buy the Okinawa Praise (Li-ion version), which is due for launch sometime in November 2018 (Okinawa Ridge Li-ion version is already available, but I don’t like small bikes). Even after buying the Praise, I will still keep my Rs. 5000 pre-order deposit with Ather till Ather’s production stabilizes, as a gesture of support from me.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I currently have only a car (Manza), but don’t have any bike. If I already had a ICE bike I would definitely wait for Ather 450, instead of buying the Okinawa Praise in December.

9 Likes

What the HELL! Estimated delivery of my vehicle got shifted by 3 months? It was January 19 before, now it shows April 19.

Just because we have shown love and support towards the team and the vehicle doesn’t mean you take customers for granted. Not fair Ather team.

1 Like

this is really huge.mine got shifted from november to feb now…
and no other communication from Ather.

I think there is something seriously wrong here. @Shreyas still waiting for that newsletter. Don’t understand what is in it which is taking sooo long to compile.

This is the major turn off now.

3 Likes

Very disappointed with Ather, been waiting since forever and now I have observed the date has been shifted to Jan from the promised date in Oct without any notice. I booked on the date of launch at 1:30pm 90 mins from the launch time.
Have totally booked 3 bikes. If I won’t get the delivery this month will be cancelling all the orders. @Shreyas @tarun @swapniljain. Waiting for a positive reply.

Guys please check your mail, Ather has details about deliverys.

Booking Jun 5 2018
Charging Assesment Jun 16 2018
Estimated Delivery date Oct-Dec 2018
Revised estimated delivery date Mar 2019
It’s exactly the gestation period of a Human!
Disappointed but personally I’m ready to wait…

1 Like

Yes saw the mail. This is really pathetic from the company. This shows that all the initial promises that they made are all a big lie. And now the delivery date has moved to MARCH 2019. Every time i spoke to the customer care guys they kept on telling that the Oct - Dec 2018 date will not be missed. Now we get a letter from them telling that the delivery date has changed. Was all these not taken into consideration while making these false promises to the customer.

This is a very good plan where a customer would get frustrated and cancel the pre order and who ever has patience like a saint would wait and their vehicles would be delivered.

@tarun @Shreyas when you guys made a promise to a customer were these factors not taken into account atall is it. You have mentioned in the mail that since 2016 there has been a problem why were they not thought of while giving the dates.

Really disappointed had very high hopes after taking the test ride and looking at the ather space and all. I guess i will have to cancel the pre order as i would not be waiting so long without a two wheeler especially in bangalore.

I was hoping to something good to the environment but you have disappointed everyone i guess.
And proved that there is no respect to the timeline that is given to the customer has no respect at all.

3 Likes

May be they will provide a free charging cable for this kind of patience :slight_smile:

7 Likes