Ownership Experience

No matter the intentions, it has been proven time and again that once you start collecting data from users, it eventually gets used for other purposes like monitoring by govt agencies, usage for marketing etc.
As a owner one should have the complete control over how they want to use their vehicle. To be tracking and recording the location of the vehicle ALL THE TIME is absolutely unethical. Please give us an option to disable this.

4 Likes

Agree completely. By default, the vehicle should be in incognito mode and only upon the user’s desire, he might agree to share. If it is other way, it is the invasion of privacy and unauthorized access of user data. I am sure this might be in fine print somewhere which we will never see and blindly sign :cry:

4 Likes

+1 for @rajeshkav’s suggestion. Also, don’t try to be, we are the premium “Apple-like” brand, that restricts choices for users. Assume your users are not technically challenged and can make good decisions about what they want( to borrow a technical analogy, can be like Linux users with superuser privileges, instead of the default OS using herd ). Anyway those are the kind of people that will build your brand initially by word of mouth and aggressive evangelizing and start the process of fossil fuel demand destruction in Bangalore with a passion. So better have those folks on your side.

6 Likes

@subramanian.g Me too! I want used batteries that are even at 60 - 50% of their capacity. I want to use them for my Home Solar Application. I have almost my entire top floor free and I can build a room just for housing the battery packs. I can use them until the capacity falls below 30 - 20 percent and then send them for recycling.

I can use multiple battery packs in parallel to compensate for their low capacity individually.

7 Likes

My top speed is 90, it is very comfortable in ride.

7 Likes

@Shreyas
Can you please explain charging installation procedure or share photograph particularly how it is installed in apartments ?. Apartments will have only pillars today mounting on the charger on the pillar may not be allowed. Is there separate stand provided for installation to mount the charger?

3 Likes

Has anyone tried lease option?! Wanted to understand the process.

@Shreyas @sandeepnvp is correct. I distinctly remember your staff saying that the 450 gets a home point as well as charging cable. Is that not right?

4 Likes

@Shreyas Is the displayed range based purely on the battery discharge rate or does it take into account past driving patterns and gives a projected battery discharge rate based on that?

1 Like

Vehicles booked on or before a certain date (Oct 31 if I remember correctly) will include either the home wall unit or the portable cable unit with 5A plug. If you want the both, then one is chargeable.

Any vehicle, calculates the DTE by taking remaining fuel/charge and the recent past driving pattern

3 Likes

When we had our demo, it was made clear to us that home charging point will be installed for free. Cable for wall socket will not be the part of the same & can be purchased separately.

3 Likes

+1
Its like buying a laptop and having the charger fixed at home… or else I will have to go to those centers to charge it… not fair… If I had to then why wouldn’t I stick to conventional 2 wheeler?? Not fair considering we are paying huge premium for your product!!

My scooty has 5 litre petrol volume capacity equivalent to 3.7445 kgs.

Energy per kg of petrol is 13kWh (from wikipedia).

Total energy can be stored in tank is 48.68 kWh. (3.7445kgX13kwh/kg).

Cost of petrol per liter is Rs. 71 today. (Bangalore price)
For 5 liter it is Rs. 355/-

So per kWh rate is Rs. 7.30/- in petrol terms. kWh Consumption per km is 0.19472kWh.

My driving cycle gives me 250kms per 5 liters.

Ather electric scooter battery capacity : 2.4kWh range claimed 75kms (assuming based on my driving cycle).
Per km, 0.032kWh

For 250 kms, (250kmsX0.032kWh/km) 8kWh is required.

Bescom charges per unit at higher slab above 201 units is Rs. 7.60/-

At Rs. 7.60/- per kWh, for 250kms, Rs. 61/-

From energy consumption pattern, ather scooter may be six(6) times more efficient.

15 Likes

Hi,

@Ather.Team or any Ather owners… Can you please confirm if we have central lock with anti-theft alarm system feature in ather scooter?

Thanks @magneta for comparing the absolute energy numbers between a petrol scooter and Ather. I’ve seen price comparison but this is the first comparison of this sort.
Most people don’t realize what a crazy number 0.032kWh per km is. Nothing in our country so far, not the road infra, not the traffic flow, not any other vehicle is designed to operate at such levels of efficiency. This is an achievement even by global standards. Tesla Model 3 was able to achieve 0.138 kWh per km. Even Gogoro 2 (a popular Taiwanese scooter) has similar efficiency numbers as Ather.

10 Likes

@Nilay thanks for the call and clarifying . Hope the good experience continues …

2 Likes

Are the street dogs chasing the vehicle?
How are the owners managing it every time?

1 Like

Same here

When u have booked

1 Like

@Ather.Team Since the updates are delivered over the air, is there an option where the user can reject the update or independently (on own)/ via offline mode be able to rollback to an older version of firmware/software?
Will this software be audited by any independent firm? I ask because OTA is something many companies have in past and are currently misusing to disable features and/or slowdown older products, when new ones are available, thereby forcing the user to update to the newer product (mobile phones and TV’s being classic examples of such misuse).

6 Likes