Ownership Experience

Looks pretty much nothing but profile details… Interesting to have the ride details - individual, cumulative. Battery behavior with time (km run for every 100% charge). Health monitor/indicator.

For now the app seems of little to no use.

1 Like

Can’t we get this punctured else where? Shops near my house take Rs. 50 for a tubeless puncture.

6 Likes

I guess they literally mean the first three services, no labour charge. Not for roadside assist.

Hey Everyone,

Quick clarification on the costs.

Ather One does cover all scheduled service and labour & convenience cost for vehicle related issues. However, for unscheduled instances like an accident, it’s difficult to predict the nature of repair and hence absorb these costs. And in other smaller instances like a puncture, while there is no cost for the doorstep service, cost of material consumed and labour charges are applicable. We have been transparent on this part and also mentioned it in the user agreement.

This was the first request we got of this nature and we recognise that the cost for this service was not appropriate, considering that @samitbanerji already has an Ather One subscription. It’s an error at our end and we regret it. We are waiving off the cost for this instance. We will re-look & revise the process and costs for such services.

19 Likes

Ather delivers scooter generally with 4.4 km on odo and about 64/65km range on full charge.

I rode almost 13kms in city’s Friday traffic at 7pm and another 11kms includes taking delivery, small family round and late night visiting errands.

After this typical driving mode, the range was reduced to 53kms with 68% battery.

Charged 100% overnight and now it’s showing 79kms range.

8 Likes

what it i see i heard i do not belive this message. ATHER gives to me also 93 km.my delivery is in june. I beleaved my ATHER TEEM they did not take wrong decision at any cost.

1 Like

@rajeshkav, Very Congratulations to own flight #8761. Enjoy ather experience and it’s time to deserve @Ather_Owner bagde.

5 Likes

Glad to hear Rajesh… You too were always so nice and helpful in forums just like Ather team.

11 Likes

Congratulations sir

2 Likes

What was your speed sir to get such good range and traffic

Max speed was 50kmph, but definitely it was not constant nor average as traffic was heavy throughout in the ORR. In fact, traffic does not matter for electric scooter range (yes, it matters a little but NOT that much compared to speed). I feel anything above 50kmph, will suck more current from battery! Ather’s dashboard indicates nicely with different colour aura to indicate where your throttle is !

7 Likes

That helps was wondering why mine was less, tried cruising where ever I could so I am in between 70-72 with full charge :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I should keep throttle in green only color sir

2 Likes

Ather has done everything smartly except partnering with Vodafone. Received my vehicle on 15-Feb. Noticed no network in the delivery area itself within Ather experience center in Indiranagar. Network slowly started when the vehicle was moved out. Similar experience in Sarjapur road where I live. No network or very weak network in this area. No network in my parking. My parking has good Airtel, BSNL, Jio network strength. Navigation, real time charge monitoring are useless for me now. Called Ather yesterday and was informed that it runs on Vodafone network. Would like to hear from Ather if there is any alternative to Vodafone.

Getting a range of about 65 Kms in eco mode. Its lot of fun to drive Ather 450. Regular mode has too much power and vehicle can fly to 80-90 Kmph in no time.

7 Likes

This is true. Electric vehicles are almost opposite to petrol/diesel vehicles when it comes to efficiency.

EVs: Very efficient in traffic and at cruising speeds. These cruising speeds could be around 30 to 50 Kmph for scooters like Ather. For cars like Tesla Model 3 it will be 80 to 110 kmph.

At higher speeds the range will be less in EVs. For electric scooters, as speed increases over 60 kmph the range will be down. For EV cars, range will be decline at more than 120 kmph speeds.

ICE (petrol/diesel): Very low efficiency in traffic conditions. For example, Honda City (petrol) gives only ~9 kmpl in heavy traffic conditions while on highways I could get ~18 kmpl mileage at 100 Kmph speeds. Even ICE vehicles mileage goes down at higher speeds like 120 Kmph.

Note: While EVs may seem less efficient at high speeds but they are still much more efficient and substantially cheaper than petrol/diesel vehicles.

3 Likes

Many congrats Rajesh :):+1: Your Ather looks very good in the photo and makes me even more restless. Btw my CP installation is scheduled coming wednesday. Looking forward.

1 Like

Hearty Congratulations Rajesh on the arrival of your very own flight(Green board, but you still own it !!) … Enjoy and i will soon join the group :slight_smile: soooon.

i had the 5A plug point installed today… Needless to mention that the jop was done very neatly and on time as per commitment, infact they went out of the way when i could not take their offer to install on Friday or Monday and insisted for the weekend.
The came prepared with both options… i was in love with the pod and still am, but choose to listen to my mind which pushed me to be more practical, to be more flexible, to be able to charge in office(RMZ Eco World, Marathalli ORR) where there is no Ather charging station available.

Eagerly looking forward to hear about the readiness of THE vehicle for delivery post registration formalities.

3 Likes

(Green board, but you still own it !!)

Can you please help me understand what you mean by this?

Awesome @rajeshkav… Wish you a very happy wheeeeing!!

A much awaited Ather owner badge awaits you :slight_smile:

1 Like

He bought the scooter on lease. I hope that’s what he meant