Ownership Experience

Is 30/32 working well for solo rides?

yes it does works well for solo rides , filling nitrogen has certainly reduced the air loss from tyres .

Thank you. Planning for first fill this weekend after taking delivery last Sunday.

I did check with the service team before responding. It’s not an “issue”, and the team has confirmed it is within the specs. It doesnt affect the durability, reliability or performance of the vehicle and its parts.

1 Like

How much it would cost for the 4G upgrade on 450? Also will there be some other benefit on the upgrade except the improved network connectivity.

It will be announced soon, you won’t see any additional benefits from the upgrade. It’s just a solution for some cases where 3G network coverage might be bad, and for future proofing.

2 Likes

I understand it doesn’t affect the durability, reliability or performance of the vehicle and its parts but very irritating to ride an electric scooter that is noisy which is supposed to be super silent and its an issue and have spoken to the CS team to get this resolved too to have it picked up and serviced to fix the noise issue. @abhishek.balaji let us get this fixed please.Please speak with Karthik from service and also look into the service history of @rajeshkav to check what fixed his fork issue that is similar to what I am having.

1 Like

As a newbie, I have a doubt. If there is absolutely zero cellular network connectivity in the scooter, will the scooter’s motor switch on and move?

Yes it will… When you turn it on… Even if the display doesn’t turn for some reason(a glitch) also it will move.

The first generation Athers have 2 fans, one for the charger’s ac-dc converter and the second for the motor and battery. The 1st fan turns on when the vehicle’s speed is > 48kmph and turns of when the speed is < 41kmph. So if you ride the vehicle long enough and your speed is about 50+ you can hear 2 fans (provided you’re in a quite road). When the speed reduces to 40 and below you can hear only one fan. The only one that should work when the vehicle is in motion. Fan 1 should not work when the vehicle isn’t charging. @abhishek.balaji please get to the root of this problem as it gets a little irritating in early morning or late night rides and is an unnecessary waste of battery.

1 Like

First milestone…100km done.

3 Likes

I don’t think both the fans are working at a higher speed. In the OTA update when they introduced ECO mode, Ather has adjusted the motor fan speed according to the motor temperature. So when you ride at higher speeds, the motor fan is running faster. When you ride at lower speeds, it’s running at a lower speed. This is probably why you think both fans are running. The AC to DC converter fan runs only when you put the vehicle for charge.

If you listen carefully, the converter fan can be heard from under the dashboard. Whereas when you ride, you can hear the fan sound from below the seat. I could be wrong, but I assume this is how it works.

5 Likes

even mine. When was your delivery? I completed 130km since delivery 28/02/2020.

I took delivery on 01 March. The longest ride was from Ather EC to home and thereafter for office commutes only.

aweosme we are closeby. Lets keep checking mayble on bi-weekly basis and touch 5k soon:)

My commute per month would be max. of 500km per month. Guess it would take at least a year for me to reach 5K. Let’s see.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Maintenance and Service

@abhishek.balaji, need help on the Ather app

Just took my flight delivery. After reaching home from Ather Space I thought to check my ride statistics on the app.

I’m stuck at the same screen for sometime.

It keeps on showing loading irrespective of any other action

I have tried in Mobile data and WiFi both.

Log out and login

Cleared cache and storage

Uninstall and reinstall

Nothing worked out. Is it an issue from Ather server or something?

Edit:

Took my Peace Rover delivery today 2 PM.

My 1st wheeeing experience was dang!

4 Likes

I don’t know where you got these numbers from. While riding only the motor cooling fan switches on at 12kmph and switches off at 9Kmph. The battery/ converter cooling fan is only for charging.

1st day stats after delivery.