Ownership Experience

Thanks all for your inputs on charging cycle.

Hi @rajeshkav, In my vehicle, When SoC was 17 percent, with almost of speeds at 55 plus in Sports while accelerating it switched to ECO and there was a sudden loss of power, this happened twice, once while overtaking, which was frightening. Yes, I should have been more careful with an eye on SoC, But the point is when throttle is not at zero, it changed to ECO.

Hi Santosh,

Hope the team was able to check and answer all your questions on the issue reported.

Hi, need to know if my battery is discharging fast!

My vehicle was fully on March 1st, Since then I have traveled 6.2 kms (~7 kms) w/o crossing 45 kmph. I drove only on Ride mode and the current range left is 48 km. I am worried as I have lost 10 kms worth charge in 2 days.

That’s normal, there’ll be some battery drain when your 450 is left idle.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Motor communication error

Omg…this is alarming for me who is going to invest almost 2lac on 450x :pleading_face:

Why does these things happen, if an outsider sees these kind of faults before they buy ather, that would definitely lead to change their minds and leave the thought of buying an ather

1 Like

True indeed.

U can directly meet technician in service center with ur scooter , ask customer care to arrange this …

1 Like

It’s very strange, that few days back I had posted two questions related to the bms issue and the post has been removed. Can you explain why? Hence repeating the questions again. This time I will make sure to keep the screen shot of the post.

1. What is the roll out plan for this fix? When can we expect this be fixed?
  2. What happens to the battery pack ip rating after the fix?
3 Likes

The automatic switch to eco mode didn’t happen when I had throttle in zero position several times after I hit the 9 kms left estimated range (16% SoC). I think it switched to eco only when my speed dipped lower than 25 kmph. I thought that I had the 9 kms range for a prolonged time because I had been coasting so much, but that wasn’t the case, the estimated range was stuck at 9 kms during ride mode even when SoC was as low as 1%.

Ive noticed the same. You don’t have to let go of the throttle completely for it to switch to eco mode I think anything under 35Kmph is sufficient for the scooter to switch modes at 16-17%. So I wonder what happens if I keep cruising at 60kmph at lower than 16-17%. Will th scooter be able to discharge and give me the same acceleration ?

The acceleration is somewhat reduced but nowhere close to the reduction in acceleration that you get with eco. You would definitely drain it faster, all the while dashboard is stuck displaying that it has 9 kms range left. Definitely feels glitchy.

Your questions are valid ones and as an user, I’m equally interested/concerned as you for those answers. But from a forum Moderator perspective, I can say that your older post is very much present (quoted below)

1 Like

We had addressed these earlier, Atul.

If the issue occurs, we’ll fix it under warranty. Since we take care of the repair of the battery pack, it would be resealed for water resistance.

1 Like

It won’t immediately switch modes if you’re cruising at speeds higher than 30kmph. This is for safety reasons.

However, the estimated range being stuck at 9kms is definitely odd and I’ll have it checked by the team.

On RSA, if you notice that you’re stranded because of a glitch where the dashboard shows an incorrect SoC, you won’t have to pay for it. Either way, we’ll improve the communication around this.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply. So if I understand that the fix will be done only under warranty. If my issue occurs after 3 years then it will be a paid fix. Till then I don’t have the liberty to shut down and need to take precautions that it shouldn’t be done at high soc.

Ok. Strange it never shows up for me. I spent an hour searching for it. :roll_eyes:

You can still shut down regularly and use the feature as a vacation mode, and it won’t cause any issues. We only ask that you don’t shut it down everytime you finish a ride/multiple times a day, which is when the issue is more likely to occur.

You can always check the posts by you in your profile, under the activity tab. Profile - athulpatangay - Ather Community