Ownership Experience

I did and they told me to perform a soft shutdown and use it. And inform them if it persists.

Okay, but be slow for next 500 -1000 Kms and ride safely.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing a sound from the rear disc when I break. Its very similar to the sound you get when a stick comes in contact with a rotating wheel’s spokes.
Has anyone else experienced this ?

2 Likes

Not from rear disc like in your case but from front disc. Have sent vehicle for service for same reason let’s see if they resolve this issue or not.

Ohh, let me know what was the issue after the service

Today my ather450 delivery doesnot happen due to core major issue with electric motor and ather-team informs require to replace(also RTO, insurance update required due to motor change). It’s makes me great disappointed that too lately informed to me in interval of minutes before scheduled delivery time.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this, we’ll make sure you get your hands on the 450 very soon!

1 Like

Many of the ather owners expressed their anger n frustration. I pity for them. Its a new company n needs time to stabilise. I am following the vehicle the day it was announced. I had covered 9450 km as on this date in 10 months. Barring few hiccups in starting n shutdown it shows pretty good performance. Cc team is comparatively good. I too had some issues, I hope will be sorted out.

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

Sorry for posting this late, But Ather contacted me after posting my Initial Experience,
They offered to replace the charger from scratch as they investigated and found out that the wiring was done using multiple joints.

They shifted the charger as per our requirements on 24th December 2019.

Thanks for the people in forum and Ather team for resolving this issue!

Clocked around 567 kms so far, facing 2 major problems other than the usual niggles…

When I tilt the vehicle and push the vehicle backward there is some noisy irritating sound coming near the front wheel sometimes (more frequent nowadays) Any idea why this happens?

Also rear brakes are always making noise whenever applied, This usually happens after 5000 kms in normal vehicles.

Should I raise a service request for this?

3 Likes

Yes, you can raise a service request to get this checked. Our customer service team will definitely help you out!

450 maximum speed is up to 91kmph…
Not more than 91kmph

It’s electronically limited to 89Kmph on the dash. So 80kmph in real-life. But if you find a good downsloping stretch of road with a good payload on your scooter. You can let gravity give you a couple more.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: On Road Experience

Regarding my earlier post “Today(6th Jan) my ather450 delivery doesnot happen due to core major issue with electric motor and ather-team informs require to replace(also RTO, insurance update required due to motor change). It’s makes me great disappointed that too lately informed to me in interval of minutes before scheduled delivery time.”
You’ve replied without any update for next delivery date, as per my discussion with ather-team promised to intimate the delivery date within next-day (i.e 7th Jan 2020), but upto now there is no info from ather-team for my queries and next delivery date. After that also myself only following-up with ather relationship team but still no conclusion yet about next delivery date.
Is ther any option to cancel the complete order?

Hi, I’ve flagged this to the team and they’ll get back to you soon with an update.

Structurally the 450 is stable only till 85kmph(not dashboard speeds but actual speed).
This is why it is electronically limited to 89 on dash for safety reasons.
P.S. at 90kmph you can feel the motor having enough torque to reach a 100 (on a flat road) but settles at around 90.

1 Like

What range can be expected from Ather 450 for a sedate rider who prefers riding between 40-45kmph?

I get 90 km with this driving style in Chennai

i drive mostly in that range and i get more like 1.2% per km (calculated for 10km average)
considering wise one will never reach till 0%, we will get around 60-65km (average)till 20% threshold

1 Like

check this link :slight_smile: