Ownership Experience

Post this in feature requests? Add a few notes on what you’d expect it to do on your Ather :slight_smile:

“Celebration mode is an absolutely necessary feature” - Jeremy Clarkson :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha, of all the disagreements that Jeremy had with Tesla, didn’t know that he is in agreement with this one feature! :slight_smile: I will post in feature requests now! It is a no-brainer feature need for the Ather 450!

5 Likes

Find 4-5 Athers…

5 Likes

After an extremely spirited drive on outer ring road in max temperature. fans kicked in after 5 mins of drive… after 15-20 mins i could feel performance getting hit. Strangely 30 mins later the noise did go up than regular, other than that no other issues

Also, mine has never shut down or rebooted due to overloading or extreme riding, seems like a stable product.

What you should worry about is almost all panels becoming loose after 3500 km’s, waiting to send to service to tighten all panels. Rubber rings or screw plates do more than increase cost Ather team. I have never had this quality lapse in such a pricey product. But then i never did ride a two wheeler on Bengaluru roads before

Maybe roads are worse (Whitefield mountains and ravines), maybe Ather quality is not up-to mark… its a debate

1 Like

I just sent mine for the 5k service and did not have any issues with loose panels or screws. And i off-road a lot through KR Puram, Mahadevapura and Whitefield.

Though, this was not so uncommon on the ICE scooters i have had. All of them had issues with the screws holding the dash coming loose and the entire front section rattling around.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback on Ather Forum

Ather actually holds up a lot better than most other scooters in terms of panels rattling. I think this is mainly due to the lack of vibration from an engine.

I’ve only had issues with the saree guard rattling. I could remove that, but I tighten and keep it on the vehicle, after an accident where the saree guard and the grab handle took the most impact.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. The Honda Activa has always had very few panel and sound issues…despite having an ICE shaking it.

Having had first hand experience for multiple Activas and 2 Athers for sufficiently decent duration, i can say that Ather has a lower resistance to being disheveled by Indian roads. I would again attribute it to product maturity when comparing both products and say that Ather has a much better first version when compared to the original Activa early 2000.

For the second version, Ather needs constructive feedback on which panels are getting loose repeatedly and incorporate changes for a better version

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto cut off turn indicators

Checked the Top speed during Marina drive. It shows as 91Kmph. What is the Maximum speed of ather 450? I am excited to check its maximum speed

1 Like

Crossed 5k yesterday, do i have to call for my first service or will ather cc be contacting me to schedule a service? @abhishek.balaji your input would be appreciated.

Call them up and schedule a service. You’ll have to schedule a slot. Probably in the next two days they’ll be able to take your vehicle for a service.

Just got mine serviced today. They picked it up by 1:30pm and delivered it by 8:30pm. That was super fast! Just wasn’t very happy with how they cleaned the vehicle. But they’ve fixed all issues.

Just the jerky throttle issue isn’t completely fixed. Apparently they can’t lubricate it, because of delicate wiring in the area, so they cleaned it and it’s reduced by a lot. Either way, it doesn’t affect my riding, so that’s fine. - @Ather.Team something you can learn from and fix in future vehicles that you make.

7 Likes

Hey All,

The tyre pressure loss issue is real !! I have had my vehicle for about a week now and last Thursday I checked the tyre pressure and it was just 4 days since I had been using the scooter and was trying to ride it very efficiently, but no matter what I could not get the wh/km less than 40. Thought tyre pressure would be the only issue now and surprisingly enough the pressure was down to 16F/20R.

Was shocked to see how the ride quality improved after that. I filled the recommended 30F/32R on Thursday, used the scooter only on Friday and was not in Bengaluru last weekend, just out of curiosity I checked the tyre pressure today(Monday 3 days) and it was down to 26F/24R. And out of the 3 days the vehicle was just sitting idle for 2 days.

If this is the case then I’ll need to check the tyre pressure every week, which is more often than me going to fill fuel, need some urgent solution for this people, please help !!

Also had to address the battery drain, the charge was at 80% and 43 km on Sports mode when i left on Friday and today morning while I checked on Monday, it was 62% and 32 km left on Sports mode. That’s 18% reduction in battery within 2 days, which I think is too much considering the vehicle doesn’t even sync up periodically, then why is it consuming so much charge ??

6 Likes

Even I am facing the tyres pressure loss issue.

A 2-3km discharge during an 8hr idle period is normal. Since you left it for 2 days, lose 11-12kms seems to be normal as well.

3 Likes

Ohh ok. Any idea regarding the tyre pressure loss and how to resolve it ?
Thank you for taking out time

i had this issue with my vehicle too… and reported it too.
Ather service happened to find a puncture on both occassions !!
But having said that the tyre pressure loss didnot seem to get resolved(atleast after the first puncture was fixed) and hence i had reported it out again.
My only concern was why would it drop to a level (23+/- in my case) and stay there at that level if it is punctured.
Well i have now got the vehicle back after the second instance that is supposedly fixed the puncture. hoping to test it now.

4 Likes

Its been just a week since I have started using it. I am very sure there is no puncture in my tyres. And if it was just 1 tyre, I would agree. But both the tyres has this issue !!
This cannot be a co-incidence.

I have raised a issue, and I hope Ather to come up with a good solution !

I found my solution by changing the tyre valves. Some other people have reported here that they found the solution with a tyre change. Try any one if you can.

4 Likes

Ohh ok, will try the cheapest one first and update. But all i am asking is, Ather knowing the problem, why is it not trying to rectify the issue before delivering new set of vehicles ??
Any idea @abhishek.balaji