Ownership Experience

I think you should get the touch screen fixed. Also, unless you intend to push the bike to the 75km range limit, you are not missing mush from this OTA

2 Likes

Updated and tried Eco mode. Vehicle entrs pothole and struggles to move😂. Switched back to sport mode. And indicator auto stop isnt working

8 Likes

I couldnt pull it up to Basement 1 from the basement 2 in my office, leave it to the ground floor. I had to slow in between the elevation change to Ride mode and pull it up. Not for me for sure :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Eco mode will help my better half to learn.

2 Likes

initial impressions/observations on ota

*fan rpm and noise -fan on trigger speed is 12kmph (previously it was 18kmph) -fan off trigger speed 8kmph (previously it was 12kmph)

so fan kicks in early than it was before and i also didn’t observe any noise reduction (not sure if rpm is adjusted!)

*SoC indicator -finally request was honored and soc indicator available while flight is charging however we are still missing this on maps screen! also request @Ather.Team to consider adding units consumed on dashboard

*auto eficient mode -previously flight use to enter ride mode when soc reaches 16%, now after the update flight automatically switches to eco mode directly at 18% soc

that’s all for now

7 Likes

Hey Everyone!

A breakfast ride is happening on Sunday, 22nd. Since not everyone is on that thread yet, you may want to check it out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

did DTE test on airport road on sport mode (performance reduced after covering 24km)

eco mode kicked in exactly after completing 39km at 17%soc

i can do only 40kmph max on eco mode (35kmph in reality)

and i was able to do 12km (last 1% included) after eco mode took over

7 Likes

I too observed that it moves to ECO Mode at 17% even when we are riding in Ride mode!!

After seeing the results eco mode as consumed 14% charge for 12km. So What is the use of eco mode. If we maintain the speed of 40km in ride mode the results will be same. I need proper explanation for this ?
@tarun @Ather.Team
We need speed limiter instead of eco or super eco mode. Plz consider this for next update

4 Likes

Changing to ride mode during last 10km is more convenient than eco mode.

1 Like

Eco mode is very useful for me, during heavy traffic congestion, usually in sarjapur outer ring road. And also inside the office/apartment campus, where slow speed is required.

I tried eco mode for the entire this week. Looks okay, and useful. :+1:

5 Likes

About the mode switching to ECO…It’s logical, When the remaining charge is low, it shifts to the most economical mode. Earlier it was RIDE, now it is ECO. However, I think user should have an option to override and switch back to whichever mode he wants. In cases where I’m sure that I’ll reach even in Ride/Sports mode, forced to ride in ECO mode makes a person unhappy for sure. Overriding can come with a warning message and an option to accept(by using power button like navigation rerouting).

About the Predicted range in different modes not making sense…I would suggest we wait for sometime for it to stabilize. I might be incorrect here, but I feel that since it’s reset, it will take time to give a more stable range figure.

About the Ride data and Battery not syncing…hopefully it can be rectified by Ather team.

Otherwise, the ECO mode is definitely not for me either (neither is the RIDE mode) but it is is not as bad as many are making it to be. It is like a Truck on an expressway which climbs but sloooowly…so slow that it looks as if it is not moving :slight_smile:
I see it as a compromise mode…In tough times (low charge) everyone has to compromise
on luxuries (performance).

13 Likes

Question.

Is the fan supposed to be on during the entire charging process? Just noticed that the battery is at 97% and the fan is not running.

Also , my perception is that the fan noise during charging has reduced considerably. Do others feel the same?

1 Like

Fan is depend on battery temperature and motor unit temperature… Nothing to do with charging…
Yes they switch on fan during charging it’s due to at lower battery voltage which consumes more current to charge so to be safer side they powering on fan to maintain temperature.

@97% yes it switch off or on but we really don’t know what’s the temperature @that time. If temp is more than switch on.
Usually >90% battery won’t take more current so temp also will be less

1 Like

so @Abhishek you could do 51 KMs overall. Out of which only 39 is sports mode. How will this explain the 55 KM true range in SPORT mode. Because the last 12 KMs was in ECO mode.
I was releived that people were achieving more than 70 in SPORTS mode with normal driving at 50-60 KMPh speeds. This creates a lot of anxiety

WAIT A SECOND. THAT’S A MIND BLOWING DISCOVERY!

So now we know true/actual range of any mode is not true at all. My whole Ather life was a lie :joy:

5 Likes

Just a thought…
considering everthing is algorithm based, why not build an algorithm, such that, if the destination is within range for existing drive mode, when battery SoC is close to 20%, then the it doesn’t switch to ECO mode at all and continues to be in the mode chosen by rider.

1 Like

How would the vehicle know the destination? A lot of people don’t use navigation for known routes as it doesn’t support real-time traffic updates. Ppl prefer to slip into gully shortcut the moment they see traffic piled up in front of them.

4 Likes

I faced a huge problem yesterday because of this automatic eco mode switch. I took the Orr and at the end of it I was left with 16% and I was 2Km from my house. This has happened to me before on the same road and ride mode was able to get me up the gradients (the one near laggere bridge) I have to climb to get to my house from the ORR. My scooter was stuck in eco mode and I had a gradient of maybe 12degrees. And with momentum it climbed. But the traffic made me stop and it would climb extremely slowly. This becomes a safety concern. I had vehicles behind me and my scooter wouldn’t move fast enough to keep up with traffic on the incline. I really think @Ather.Team has to look into such situations. For reference. It was this road -

Also what’s the gradability of the scooter in eco mode ? @Ather.Team

6 Likes

OH WOW. That road is a nightmare in ECO. You could have called me up. I would have pushed you through. Ather Team should have tried ECO on that road before pushing it to us.

2 Likes