Ownership Experience

Hey Ather owners. Got my Ather 450 yesterday and loved the whole onboarding and riding it home experience. Kudos to the team!

Only thing that I didn’t like and was a bit cumbersome was the coverage area for the scooter connectivity. I had to stop couple of times to restart the system hoping that the network signal will improve. That didn’t happen and I had to rely on my phone navigation as usual.

@Shreyas , any idea when the network/signal issues will improve and riders will start relying more on the on-board navigation?

5 Likes

So new OTA is already on their loaner vehicles.Pick Up in sport mode in this 4.0.0 is amazing it is instantaneous no hesitations like my vehicle.

11 Likes

Frequent air leakage from both wheels is very much evident in my Ather, got checked there is no puncture, really don’t know what is causing the leakage.
Every Monday I top up air at shell. I see pressure dropping to 20 psi from 30 psi within a week.
Some more people in the group are facing this, @Ather.Team, can you let us know what should be done to minimise the leakage issue because end of the day ,it is affecting the range when pressure drops frequently and getting top up done on a daily basis is not practical.

8 Likes

Hi

Could you please tell me when this update is released as i am unable to do it though mine is a loan vehicle

1 Like

Check inside the cap of the nozzle. There might me stones inside, which may cause this. I have faced this in my bike once.

1 Like

Pl use soap solution to check leakage.if leaking from inside valve, you will have to get the valve pin tightened with a special tool.available at puncture shops.if even after tightening leakage continues, you can change only the valve pin. 20 Rs. Available at any automobile spares shops. Normally there will be nothing wrong the main valve.if it was there, then leakage will be on a faster basis. Since leakage rate is slow, the valve pin could be culprit. Pl check with soap solution & act accordingly.

6 Likes

He is talkig about loaner vehicle not a loan vehicle. Loan, lease, outright purchase all are same when it comes to OTA updates.
Loaner vehicles are vehicles given to customers when their vehicle is in for some service/repair as a temporary backup. They are generally company vehicles and may or may not be running the normal version on firmware. The new OTA update with Eco mode is expected in September.

9 Likes

I used to fill Nitrogen even in my old Wego… Only reason: Frequency of filling has reduced to once in a month. So was doing the same in Ather 450 as well.

Last week, I found the efficiency to be poor for the same riding style… So before coming for owner’s meet, topped up Nitrogen and was surprised to see the tyre pressure dropped to ~24 PSI (from 32 PSI) in 3 weeks…

I am not sure if that is normal… Others can tell. But comparing to my old Wego, I found this drop to be high.

2 Likes

mine went from 30 psi to 4 psi in a week . when i gave it for service they told me that there was a sealant issue.

1 Like

Still not resolved ?

hi when and how you got this update. still in my app it is showing Software is up to date! your vehicle’s current software version is 2.0.1.534025

1 Like

Its loaner vehicle (like replacement vehicle) from Ather so it has update. You can read @hemanth.anand post above

No network means No data fetched from scooter.! From past few days iam experiencing network issue, as a result my Vehicle charge history is not updated

as u see I have charged my vehicle between 9-16 August and 23-26 August. @Ather.Team how the reimbursement will be calculated. If this is the case. Then Ather one subscribers will end up paying both Ather Subscription charge and BESCOM electricity bill for unaccounted energy consumption.

3 Likes

How do we mark home and work location on ather maps. I m unable to find it on app as well on vehicle nav.

After replacing my stock tyre, air pressure reduction is solved. Go to good tyre shop and remove n refit the tyres.

1 Like

Nope

On the App, go to Profile section
Under your name there will be “Profile” written in Green…tap that.

Inside you’ll find email, mobile, home and work addresses. Change address here.

2 Likes

It is a service vehicle…

where can we download the owner’s manual?

There is a link in the app