Ownership Experience

@rajeshkav, I recommend to see below YouTube video from 10:15 to 10:30 minutes and seconds to know Ather 450 braking capability.

https://youtu.be/GCofrl6lZtw

2 Likes

Did hard braking, and when rear brakes are used I skidded horribly. But . the braking is impressive when front brakes are used. I even fell down once. Bit of a habit of using rear brakes. Trying to change that though.

3 Likes

@Shreyas
Your views please

Hey @mrhegdekarki, @punith.ml88 ,

I am honestly not aware of this issue. Need to check it with the design team who’d have better clarity on this.

Let me get back on this as soon as I can check with them.

1 Like

For sure this extra flaps are NOT for cooling. It may be just another aesthetic element. I wonder why it cannot be taken off.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
Recently one of our vehicle owner wasn’t able to reach our customer support team for over an hour and this was despite attempt being made using different telcom operators. We are addressing this concern with our service partner. If any of you guys faced this issue recently please drop us an email info@atherenergy.com with the call date/time and the service provider. We want to make sure that this problem doesn’t reoccur.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA Wants - Feature requests

just to inspire people around on Predicted and Projected Range

10 Likes

I am jealous

And feel sorry that you are not enjoying Full potential of the vehicle…

5 Likes

No, I dont think so. For example, my wife would be getting this scooter and I dont think she is going to change the driving style just because of more power available. With her driving style, I assume she will be getting much higher range than predicted 65 km.

1 Like

@rajeshkav , How on earth are you managing 20.3km ride @22Wh/km.!

4 Likes

I know you are young and energetic :slight_smile: There are two ways to relish a sweet. I am the kind of guy who will eat slowly bit by bit and enjoy :smiley:

Jokes apart, I used to drive/ride fast, but not anymore. I do not think Bengaluru roads are safe to drive anything above 50 kmph. For me safety is primary concern.

15 Likes

Pretty sure @rajeshkav and @georgekuruppan are pushing their bikes up steep flyovers and through traffic… :wink:

3 Likes

Update done

1 Like

I think this “kitna deti hai” component in our Indian blood is far too high. :slight_smile:
I’m surprised to see so many people worried about their Ather not giving as much mileage as someone else. Stop worrying and enjoy yourselves , be who you are!
Of course “Enjoy” is subjective like @rajeshkav has written and I completely agree with him. He had told that his riding/driving style is similar in his other vehicles too.

The cost per km in an Ather is only around 0.2 times that of any petrol scooters that any of us used to ride earlier. It is even reimbursed for most of us (bookings till Nov 1) for at least 1 year with Ather one and will be reimbursed for the entire term for people on lease.
However spirited the riding style is, Ather is giving us 55Kms on a single charge. Plus, it is always more than what is displayed.
So stop worrying about “kitna deti hai” and Go Wheee! if you have to charge it everyday, so be it! I’ll exaggerate here but what is the use of driving a Ferrari at 30kmph to extract more FE!!!

The cases where I can understand worrying about Mileage is

• when we have to drive long distances (more than 60kmph) on a single charge
  • when there is some charging issue with the home pod
  • when the range displayed is considerably higher than the distance that it can actually travel
  • when there are big variations in the Range even without any big variation in the riding style

And yeah, wear helmets, ride safe, don’t race on public roads.

10 Likes

My mileage hunts are once in a while experiments… On a regular basis I try to forget it’s an electric scooter and ride to realize it’s giving 70-80 mileage…and I love to use Regen and the glide feel while riding…I am addicted to these…more than the mileage or the power…

1 Like

Can’t agree more

1 Like

How much is your worst case in efficiency? 30Wh/km?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I doubt 30Wh/km. With doubles, I go up to 28Wh or so.

2 Likes