OTA Wants - Feature requests

This is a highly requested feature and has a perfect use case so hope this is being noted and also hope it shall see the light in may be in next OTA updates that would come in next few months.

Password protection for certain settings is highly required.

2 Likes

I definitely not the right person to answer your question (given I am not from Ather) but what I can see is the charger related update which is announced earlier is one major thing awaited and rest is going to be the regular bug fixes stability related and prediction and auto cut off indicator algorithm related.

I don’t see much of a performance related updates unlike earlier updates, but rather I see more on dashboard aesthetics related.

Regen indicator and how much battery charged through regen is a good feature, real-time regen indicator can help increase economical driving

3 Likes

There are prior discussion on regen. It contributes only max 4% recharge on aggressive usage. So it does not mean much to add this feature.

Maybe once the main features are set and running, can be considered to be added in a fancy way with some sort of scaling?

Its true. The info on next OTA update for 450s are totally silent nowadays. But announced by Ather team @abhishek.balaji and @tarun already that Vehicle will get Charger Grids unlocked after reaching 100% completed…this feature update is still missing now. Hope there are more number of 450s on-road, so better to release this Software update soon for getting the Grids free for use by all.

4 Likes

As said earlier in this Post

I was wondering if Ather manages to have similar features across in it’s app and dashboard(app.atherenergy.com). For an instance :-

1. We can track the scooter on dashboard(app.atherenergy.com), which is currently in the APP only.
  2. We can see Ride Stats, Charging Data etc in the APP, which is currently in the WEB only.

It could have been amazing if we would have everything at one place.

Do Vote if you find this useful, Thanks

9 Likes

Option to choose auto charging cut off at 90% battery SOC for a better battery life.

True! If not passowrd, at least a 2-step verification through phone…

A way to get all of the raw data for our own scooters in a simple CSV / excel file. This way we can analyse to our hearts content & you guys can take your time getting it all to display relevantly :stuck_out_tongue:

I really would love to analyse my own rides in the raw-est possible format for maximum understanding.

Where can we find the a history of all OTAs and the features implemented?

From the Ather EC, Bengaluru. This was from Dec 2020.

3 Likes

Does anyone else feel that Ather 450 OTA lost focus after announcement of Ather 450X? Or, is it only me?

In fact, most people stopped putting feature requests in this thread, as some of features requested in first post of the thread itself yet to see light. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Most recent OTA was to Auto Unlock the charger at 100% in grid points and changes to the DTE algorithm to consider battery degradation.

Honestly not surprised, considering the focus is on fixing the never ending flow of issues with the 450x.

2 Likes

See if this thread helps:

If you don’t want such a deep dive of the OTAs and are looking for the major ones only, this page might help: https://www.atherenergy.com/ota-updates

P.S.: Though the page header says 450X, the list is version-agnostic, and since 450X is new, the old OTAs listed there are for 450 anyway.

1 Like

OTAs from September 2018 - March 2021:

It is close to 2 years since I got my Ather 450. I separated the list into Fixes vs New Features:

That’s a decent list and we enjoyed the possibilities of OTA. If TVS or Bajaj has given these, they have over-delivered. But, for Ather owners, we deserve more :wink:

To be honest, there was lot of hype and expectations on the OTAs during the initial months. But, as time passed, we all had to accept the fact that new features are long and far between.

It is not about feasibility. Because, many requests posted here are very much doable and some are simple. But, I feel Ather chose not to focus their efforts much here.

Major misses which were pending for long long time:

• Stronger / Custom Regen
  • Battery % during Navigation
  • Regen Indicator
  • Hazard Light
  • Traffic Status on Navigation
  • Custom Charging thresholds
  • Fix lag in turns on Road vs Map
  • Battery Health
  • Real-time Efficiency
  • Improve Charge loss during Idle & Shut-down
  • Electricity Consumption
  • Rider Profiles
  • Temperature
  • Trip Efficiency for Current Ride

To give a perspective, in these 2 years, @abhishek.balaji has transformed from Prospective Owner -> Ather Owner -> Ather Community Manager :slight_smile:

13 Likes

You missed “Customer Support for a few days every time after an OTA is rolled out” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Honestly, even letting us see the Wh/Km while riding is an easy thing to implement and it would help a lot to monitor efficiency since a real-time efficiency graph or indication probably isn’t going to happen

I remember someone from the Ather team saying that they were very close to doing this. And this was in the last owners meet. Pre covid in Bangalore. Over a year ago.

3 Likes

If Ather wanted to do it, they can really do it. Ather admits Manufacturing is hard and Scaling is even harder.

These OTAs are simpler when you compare against what they have pulled off in scaling in last 1 year.

One OTA update every Quarter with 3 features is reasonable expectation. (Please do not count Fix, Fix for Fix and Fix for Fix for Fix in this count)

3 Likes

Fair point, we’re working on a roadmap to get some visibility into what updates 450 owners will be getting in the next few months.

Oh btw, also upgraded to the 450X :grimacing:

12 Likes

Sold your ather 450 :sweat_smile:?

Yep! 2 years old, 11k kms at 90k

7 Likes