OTA Wants - Feature requests

A feature request for dashboard is to give password protection for settings tab to avoid anyone else to change settings such as incognito mode.

As this feature is available in dashboard itself someone should not activate it unless the owner wants it to be on. As the GPS tracking/ data sync wont work during incognito mode. (Please correct me if that is not how incognito works).

7 Likes

Some features I am looking for.

*Turn by turn navigation in dashboard which should also cover zoom in/out capability.

2 Likes

yes and also voice assist for maps during turning or any other status for. currently one has see the map and drive, if we get could turn indication as voice like a smartphone then it will be very helpful @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Hmm i think this feature over Bluetooth would be awesome. Without it, would be hard to hear anything in traffic and stuff, unlike the inside of a car.

depends, lets try it out with ather as well…who knows we might like it

1 Like

According to the Google Maps Terms

You will not use the Service or Content for or in connection with (a) real-time navigation or route guidance; or (b) automatic or autonomous vehicle control.

The recommended way is to redirect the user to the app of Google Maps using Intents which is also not possible because for that the dashboard needs Google Play Services which is not present in Ather’s Dashboard unlike other Android Phones or Tablets.

You can refer to the post on this thread for more details

1 Like

Please check this … if the point is green it is available… if it is greyed out it is unavailable. Just check to see if this behaviour is same for u

Hello!

I would love to see a REALTIME KW/H CONSUMPTION figure on the dashboard.

It would really help riders and to learn and adapt to electric and squeeze out maximum range and efficiency.

I often wonder if I’m using more power throttling a little more in eco than throttling lesser in Ride Mode.

3 Likes

To some extent it is true.

As per my understanding there is a upper limit for each mode so, in eco mode because the vehicle travels slowly we try to give full throttle.

When we give full throttle it reaches the upper limit but the vehicle software artificially tries to restrict the speed so some extra power is utilised but in ride mode to reach same speed we need not give full throttle so a little bit of less power is used I might say a very little difference.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong (in technical aspect) For example here are two logs from my vehicle

1. Which is when I drove the vehicle.

1. When my friend drove the vehicle

In second image the reason for less efficiency is because my friend always uses full throttle. Where in I just use the pickup of the vehicle to maintain a certain speed with out giving full throttle all the time and use road conditions.

Also I drove in ride mode where as he drove in eco mode.

There’s already a real time efficiency indicator that’s visual. You can turn this on in your settings and you’ll see a red halo pop up as you start your ride.

There are some users who get low range numbers even in eco mode and there are others who do 100+ Kms even in sports or warp mode. The efficiency indicator is useful in this case. Try to avoid the halo showing up and you’re riding pretty efficiently.

1 Like

Avoid it ? The red starts shooting up with even a little twist !

Yes it is possible to avoid it. :sweat_smile: needs some patience though.

1 Like

Cruise control: Addition of cruise control into the scooter would be great. If possible can you add it through future ota updates. It would be good if we could enable cruise control by double tapping the start button and use the mode switch to increase or decrease speeds in cruise control mode. Hazard lights: The indicators are so beautiful in the scooters. If u could bring in hazard lights into the system by future ota updates it would be really cool. It would nice if we could switch on the hazards using the dashboard and switch it of by either using the indicator or the dashboard.

4 Likes

Cruise control would make sense for long highway rides, but for a vehicle built as a city commuter, don’t see it being on the top of the priority list.

I want ather can provide yearly statment which can give these details

1. No of km in a years
  2. No of units used for charging yearly
  3. How many times went for service 8n a year 4.top speed in a year
  4. battery life /health In one statment we will get all together all data. Ather can give because already mothwise they have data
6 Likes

@raghav.srinivasan I’m asking for this feature because, I’m feeling that the slow speeds i do doesn’t need much of slowing down. Even while commuting there are many uses for cruise control as we don’t need to hold the throttle continuously while we are in any free roads in cities. Adding this feature will be a awesome, but i can also live without it. This is just a request to the ather team (@abhishek.balaji).

2 Likes

The experience of driving the 450x will get even better if the following features are added.

• Automatic display brightness adjustment using an algorithm based on time, because only during day we need more brightness.

• Scheduling of light and dark mode based on time , during day dark mode is not sufficient because of glossy display.

• An option to change the indicator sound and volume, the sound is really not good and it is very loud as loud as horn.

• An option to switch off the headlight during day time as it unnecessarily drains the battery. Very important

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

6 Likes

The initial prototypes for the 450 had a ambient light sensor to adjust brightness, but they couldn’t get a reliable production spec sensor and dropped it in the later prototypes and production vehicles.

Very Impossible!, because it’s a govt regulation to have AHO lights. The 450 and the 450x use the main headlight as the AHO, so they have to remain on as long as ignition is on.

2 Likes

What Ather should have done is made only the lights in the stearing mandatory.

Those are pilot lights and do not qualify as AHO. The battery consumption of the LED lights are very negligible. I would not even bother with it!