OTA Wants - Feature requests

yes it’s in the works through an OTA soon. Don’t have a clear timeline to share yet, but we’ll announce when it becomes available.

No plans currently, since it requires significant work to integrate a new bluetooth module and the related firmware for it.

3 Likes

Has any one noticed , significant loss of power after the latest firmware upgrade. The last upgrade that worked best and bug free( atleast for me ) was the one that introduced the dark mode on the ather.

How about motor “Kill” feature using the app on the mobile phone? This can be over cloud. This could come handy if ever your scooter is “bikejacked” on desolate stretches.

2 Likes

I think this has been suggested by a few people earlier, but I believe Ather might not be too keen with this idea. Killing over an app is always dangerous since it can be misused when the scooter is in use and might result in accidents on the road. No matter how many safety checks you put in place, once such a feature is even rolled out, hackers will find a way to circumvent the checks and misuse it!

How about instead of kill it slow reduced performance and speed and comes to a halt? This already happens when the scooter encounters an error, shouldn’t be too hard to implement. While also displaying warning symbol on the dashboard?

1 Like

Yes, this sounds better. If it is possible to design it to only allows for slowdown and not a full kill, then I guess it will be compliant with safety requirements. But that is assuming this module cannot be subsequently hacked to introduce a makeshift shutdown :slight_smile:

1 Like

Battery life?

1 Like

Had a small request. Shouldn’t be too hard to give it to us but I guess its a question of, if you want us to have it. Seems like the data from the scooter can be displayed in a raw format on the dash in developer settings or something. I don’t know the specifics of how the dash software is but is it possible to make this accessible to all of us? Officially.

We don’t really mind if it looks like this( for now) It’s quite interesting to have all this data. What do the rest of you think?

• Definitely need this option
  • I’ll wait for a more refined representation of the data
  • Doesn’t matter don’t need it.

0 voters

And refined representation would mean, much more time to push over OTA

And Regen would also be helpful

Oops… Clicked on the wrong option! Would rather have a more refined representation🙂

Click on show vote and change your option if you want to.

1 Like

Regen works fine I think so when we reverse throttle the accelerator like light braking (motor braking).

Can ather add a feature where if the engine is turned on (and the speed=0 and the side stand is on) -> then the throttle is killed…? It would really prevent accidents from happening as the motor is very silent.

2 Likes

Ather app shows nearest charging point but doesn’t show availability as ather grid app. Can we do something about it

1 Like

Can we have parking lights enabled via OTA or it needs hardware Change?

4 Likes

A feature with the help of which we can switch on the headlights (also honk twice) through the phone for about 10-15 seconds would be helpful for locating the scooter at night.

Welcome lights are planned for a future OTA update. It requires bluetooth first to be able to tell when you’re near the scooter.

2 Likes

A feature request for dashboard is to give password protection for settings tab to avoid anyone else to change settings such as incognito mode.

As this feature is available in dashboard itself someone should not activate it unless the owner wants it to be on. As the GPS tracking/ data sync wont work during incognito mode. (Please correct me if that is not how incognito works).

7 Likes

Some features I am looking for.

*Turn by turn navigation in dashboard which should also cover zoom in/out capability.

2 Likes

yes and also voice assist for maps during turning or any other status for. currently one has see the map and drive, if we get could turn indication as voice like a smartphone then it will be very helpful @abhishek.balaji

1 Like