On Road Experience

Nothing that’s recommended from the team, but the battery is already calibrated before you get it, so it should not have any effect.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using tempered glass/plastic screen gaurd on the dash screen??
There is one available on Amazon, but my concern is that, considering the dash is a TFT screen, in case the tempered glass breaks, can it be safely removed without damaging the screen??

The one available on amazon is not a tempered glass its a normal scratch guard used for mobiles and tablets, it can be easily removed. The correct size tempered glass for Ather is still not found.

1 Like

Hey friends:
I have covered 10k km with ather 450. Following are my observations
1.date of reg:16.2.19
2.450 on road:March 19
3.no of kms:10008
4.no of service :3+2
5.home charger: no problem
6.public charger:non functional :3spots+1 chennai
7.max range:100
8.problems on road:1.odo2.map failure n breakdown _1
9.hardware:broken plastic near headlight:2 times replaced. Cracking noice due to belt.
10.others:uncomfortable seat cover, throttle movement, gerks on road, shock absorbers.
Overall performance :good

12 Likes

Hai samarth I got 3m screen gaurd placed from ather…at the time of general service they put that…

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: M017 & M019 Errors

Oh! It’s been just two weeks since I got the bike. But I get your point!

2 Likes

Do all the 450(version 1) users still experience the fan issue when you use a sudden throttle for 10 secs (speed crossing 45) and when speed goes down to 40 the fan turning off?

2 Likes

yes especially once outside temp is around 30C.

1 Like

It has happened to me when ambient temp was 18°C :upside_down_face:
@abhishek.balaji could this be fixed with an ota?

1 Like

Today I almost did a burnout (and was about to fall) while taking a right turn on a slope(about 15° gradient).
A vehicle in front of me slowed down and so did I but before I stop completely he made the turn, I dint want to stop so I followed him. As I had slowed to about 5kmh and had to rise a little more than necessary (being on the incline) the rear tyre spun about 3-4 times faster than the front. I immediately pulled the handlebar to the left while taking the right turn and that saved me and the 450.
Lesson: don’t rev an electric while taking a turn no matter what :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Is this due to software bug?

1 Like

Nope, this was because of the tyre. If it was the Michelin wouldn’t have happened as it has better road grip in turns specifically(unlike the MRF ones, not that they’re terrible though).

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Dashboard restarts when riding

At the road signal, if some one ask me the cost of Ather, how much should I say ?

1.13 (+cost of DOT ) / 1.49 / 1.59 / 99K

6 Likes

Just say, “goththilla”.

Infact, I experience this (people asking this question) even after 5 years of my Vespa-LX125. I am at times really scared to park in slightly desolate stretches. I am sure Ather owners would be scared too.

4 Likes

How can I say " gottilla" when am riding one.

It happened with me 2 - 3 times recently and I couldn’t tell them the cost but I said for how much I bought one.

2 Likes

It depends on how they ask me the question, If it’s only “Yest aythu?” i tell them the price.
If they ask “Yest aguthe?” i tell them “Price change agthairuthe Sir, website check madkolli”

Few people come upto me and say other things which annoys mem. Things like… “Range ilwanthe or tumba costly anthe” i reply “nimugidhu sigolla bidi, model stop agtha idhe swalpa dinadalli” :smiley:

10 Likes

I have reading posts on the following.

1. Rear wheel locking up at times.
  2. Freezing up of display.
  3. Motor shuts off all of a sudden.
  4. BMS issues at shut down when SOC is more than 60%.

Under what conditions is the rear wheel locking up? Those who experienced this, kindly throw light.

Freezing up of display. Is it a matter of concern that one should not use the bike while in motion. Can the bike still be started when one finds that the screen is frozen right at the start of a day?

Motor shuts off all of a sudden. This is a dangerous situation. Lets understand under what conditions this is happening. What’s Ather’s take on this?

BMS issue: As I read from message from Mr. Abhishek Balaji, Ather is working on it. But we need a permanent fix.

If Ather could come out with a concrete fix for the above, it would be great for the rider, for the product and Ather as well.

All these pertain to 450 only.

Coming to a must have feature, Ather sadly misses on a side step/foot rest on the left for one sided seating by ladies wearing saree. The situation of having need to ride with pillion seated on one side may arise at any point of time. Are there any after-market fitments available at least?

1 Like

The rear wheel will lock up in case of emergency braking, since it’s a single pot disc brake it’s is pretty common, freezing of display can be solved by soft restart, press both brake levers and start button for 5-7 seconds and it’s reboot motor shuts of all of a sudden is NOT common many users have faced it in 4.1.1 update but i think it got resolved in 4.1.2 update, Abhishek Balaji have answered this question on another post BMS shutdown got solved in Ather 1.5 version for any other problem your Scooter is in warranty and Ather will replace the damaged part in the said period

1 Like